Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 05:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mumbai-Goa Cruise Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The pricing is a rip-off. Room for 2 with a large window will come up to 16 grand! GST is 5% extra while meals are 2 grand / person. That means, it's Rs. 20,000+ for one way to Goa for a couple.
You think?

If a city like Bangalore was on a coastline, with the ability to go to Goa via sea/Ocean by some kind of Ocean Liner, I guarantee that even at 20k, it will run full.

Karnataka Government run Jungle Lodges charge nothing less than 15k a night, off season at some of their premium locations such as Kabini. Rates go as high as 30k/night during season. Pick anything in the woods down south and the rates are astronomical. Not all these properties are star grade too. They are basic. You are paying for the experience and the location. Not to forget, you got to drive no less than 5 hours to get to some of these properties. All in all, a weekend trip into the woods will set you back half a lac easy.

I gulped when I payed 10k for a night at the River Tern lodge. I will admit, it was good. I will gulp again and pay even more at some other Jungle Lodge or Serai property cause if I need to stay at some of these remote places, there are no other options, or, you don't go.

20k a night is almost like throw away cash today (Not to me for sure). Our young, energetic IT and Business folks have no monetary bounds. Give me something unique and I'll pay anything for it is more the motto.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 24th October 2018 at 05:35.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed