Team-BHP - Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/203097-vande-bharat-express-train-18-made-india-engineless-train-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Motorsports (Post 4548821)
"JINXED" Vande Bharat Express hits motorcycle, cattle in one journey.

The newly launched Train 18, named Vande Bharat Express, was damaged again Wednesday when two cows strayed on track and got hit by the superfast train running at a speed of around 130 kilometres per hour.

https://in.yahoo.com/news/train-18-r...060919538.html

I thought they were fencing the track and had completed the task. I always held that for such speeds fenced off tracks are necessary. There are many areas where hurting gau-mata can lead to a riot.

Maybe the mindset has changed. I hope so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadiMaama (Post 4545725)
The breakdown was due to jamming of the brakes due to CRO. Cattle run-over.

I believe it was the brakes at the rear of the rake which got jammed. Wonder why the rear ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 4550025)
I believe it was the brakes at the rear of the rake which got jammed. Wonder why the rear ones.

Apparent - Communication failure between rest of the train and last basic unit, ie four coaches. This triggered the brakes as a fail safe while the rest of the train dragged these coaches.

So running over cattle caused a communication failure!
And what about standard engineering practices which in this case mean that when expected behaviour does not occur, both units invoke exception handlers.

Regards
Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 4550041)
So running over cattle caused a communication failure!
And what about standard engineering practices which in this case mean that when expected behaviour does not occur, both units invoke exception handlers.

From what I have read on T18 these two are separate incidents. The communication failure happened on the second day of service when the rake was being ferried back to Delhi. This was a completely internal issue without any outside factors at play. The cattle runover, bike runover have been much recent incidents during regular passenger runs. Of course, if a cattle run over causes a communication failure, then that isnt a good system IMO.

Considering the entire rake has underslung equipment, I am curious on how well these are protected from flying ballast, cattle remains, bike parts at high speed, waterlogging during floods and so on. I hope the equipment has been given a good outer casing without any exposed elements, to at least protect from damage if not flooding.

Clean underbody? Some of our 4x4 community members could have helped!

Can say from experience that (on paper) IP67 or similar specs are a very bad idea.

Regards
Sutripta

Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Independence day speech said that in the following 75 weeks (18 months) the Indian Railways will launch 75 Vande Bharat trains to connect India's far-flung areas. There is no clarity on the routes however and how they define 'far-flung' areas whether it connects metros, tier II and III cities and towns or even lower population aggregates. This should be a shot in the arm for the Train 18 project since there were talks of no additional purchases!

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragracer567 (Post 5125638)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Independence day speech said that in the following 75 weeks (18 months) the Indian Railways will launch 75 Vande Bharat trains to connect India's far-flung areas. There is no clarity on the routes however and how they define 'far-flung' areas whether it connects metros, tier II and III cities and towns or even lower population aggregates. This should be a shot in the arm for the Train 18 project since there were talks of no additional purchases!

Source

The Train18/Vande Bharat express programme was delayed (after the first 2 trainsets were operationalized), apparently due to interdepartmental rivalries. But those issues have been sorted out and an order for 44 trainsets was placed in Jan 2021. It is likely that more orders will be placed going forward.

As things stand, the Train18 design provides for sitting acco only. A sleeper version (Train20) was in the works but there is no clarity on timelines yet. So if the forthcoming trainsets all have sitting acco only, they will be used on existing Shatabdi routes or other similar routes (200-700 km). On most such routes, a single trainset will be able to do at least one roundtrip daily with existing track infrastructure.

Dear experts, We family of 6 are planning a visit to Maa Vaishno Devi in Nov 2021 via Vande Bharat. I was looking to book tickets in CC, however need an expert opinion if there's a way to book seats which are across table.

Refer image below.

Any help will be super helpful. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodstock3001 (Post 5164386)
Dear experts, We family of 6 are planning a visit to Maa Vaishno Devi in Nov 2021 via Vande Bharat. I was looking to book tickets in CC, however need an expert opinion if there's a way to book seats which are across table.

Refer image below.

Any help will be super helpful. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, there is no way you can select specific seats in the train. You can only hope luck favours and you get the seats you are looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodstock3001 (Post 5164386)

One option to try: You will have to go the "old" way of booking at the Reservation Centres.
The staff has better control (or atleast, had better control before) on such seat allocation (talking about Rajdhani, Shatabdi & other trains, dont have experience of VB), and if the seat bookings are not very full yet, they could help.

Atleast worth a shot! :)

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT-RNS (Post 5173785)
One option to try: You will have to go the "old" way of booking at the Reservation Centres.
The staff has better control (or atleast, had better control before) on such seat allocation (talking about Rajdhani, Shatabdi & other trains, dont have experience of VB), and if the seat bookings are not very full yet, they could help.

Atleast worth a shot! :)

Cheers!

They still cannot pick a particular seat number. They could do things like giving a window seat or an aisle seat, or even give a particular coach - but the railway software doesn't permit picking a particular seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaiks (Post 5173432)
Unfortunately, there is no way you can select specific seats in the train. You can only hope luck favours and you get the seats you are looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT-RNS (Post 5173785)

Cheers!

Thank you binaiks & VT-RNS for support.

Like Binaiks said, yes even Railway counters only get same options that we get on IRCTC website. Post visiting the counter, I decided to book tickets myself.

So, have booked the ticekts via IRCTC website and realised tickets are not together. :Frustrati

Via IRCTC Website, one can only book 6 tickets in 1 go. Though i have got tickets in same compartment but one is towards the start of coach & other is towards the end .

Nevertheless, I'm excited & looking forward to my trip with extended family & kids.

Jai Mata Di.

Bumping an old thread up.

Booked myself on 22436 Delhi - Varanasi Vande Bharat Express a few days back. This was Executive Class and the net fare came to around 3.5 grand.

Train was on time and arrived well in advance on Platform 16 of NDLS. Spick and span. So far, so good.

Might I add, the acceleration is mental. It would let out a WAP-7HS scratching its head.

No In Seat Entertainment Screen. No WiFi either. Quite a bummer.

Speed displayed within coach is accurate. The station announcement PA is loud and would easily wake up even a heavy sleeper. Yeah, it is that loud, while other announcements aren't. Peculiar.

Mineral water bottles, a rose (:P) and Tea/Coffee were served shortly after departure along with breakfast. The steward/stewardess asks you your preference as the rows progress, typical flight style. Not much to choose, anyway.

Somewhere after Kanpur, the AC system conked. A trip failure, they said. Multiple conversations later by irate passengers, the AC was restored.

Lunch was mediocre. They served veg dishes to non-veg (specifically) passengers, including me. When pointed out, the replacements were given 10 minutes later. Taste was equivalent to what you'd get on the Rajdhanis. Nothing worth mentioning.

As expected, the attendants came asking for tips as the train crossed BSBS station and were shooed away by a majority of the passengers. Old habits don't change.

BSB station was extremely crowded for lord knows what reason and there was not a free place to put your foot in. Took me a good 15 minutes to get out to the cab bay in spite of being on Platform 1.

Vande Bharat is good, no doubt. It exceeds our expectations on initial glance. But at the soul of it, it is just a Shatabdi with better signal priority. I don't really fathom a reason why I would travel on it again.

The third Vande Bharat train with improved acceleration and comfort ride is finally slated to be rolled out on 12 August in the presence of Railway Minister at Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.

This Vande Bharat is, however, a bit different from those two already in operation. While the acceleration is faster than the earlier ones, there are changes in the coach interiors as well.

According to ICF, while the earlier ones were picking up 160 kmph in 180 seconds, the newer one is capable of accelerating to 160 kmph in 140 seconds.

Upcoming Vande Bharat coaches.