Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 23:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Just so that everyone is clear, the image Salil has posted is the initial concept or the prototype. The production version has various detail changes like the parking lights the slats in the bumper and the fog lights.
Old 1st July 2007, 23:24   #47
BHPian

Hey Salil,
I would be interested in the facelift pictures of the Trax. Please do upload them.
Thanks,
Kaustubh
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:32   #48
BHPian

Check out the new thread. I've posted the pics of the Trax there.
Old 25th June 2012, 16:33   #49
BHPian

Re: Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift

I spotted a Traveller test mule on Pune -Nashik highway near Bhosari MIDC bearing a test vehicle tag. Interesting part being the twin tires at the rear instead of one. Also notice the increase in the width of the vehicle.
Incedently there was a Normal version of traveller riding side by. Wish I could have clicked the picture to accommodate both. Sorry for that guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift-traveller-bhp.jpg  

coriollis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 17:05   #50
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
I spotted a Traveller test mule on Pune -Nashik highway near Bhosari MIDC bearing a test vehicle tag. Interesting part being the twin tires at the rear instead of one. Also notice the increase in the width of the vehicle.
Incedently there was a Normal version of traveller riding side by. Wish I could have clicked the picture to accommodate both. Sorry for that guys!
Good catch coriollis.

Looks like Force Motors is getting ready to take on SML. In Chennai, many of the school buses and office vans are made by SML.

After exiting the JV with Man Trucks, Force Motors are concentrating on increasing the products offered to the market. Good going.
Old 25th June 2012, 18:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think this is a facelift, It might be more of a new models launched by Firodias. The double wheels at the back and also the wider length compared to the current traveller, suggests it might be morein "mini-bus" category than Van.
Old 25th June 2012, 19:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Frontal view of the same.
Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift-force_traveller_on_test_3.jpg

Source - As in image
Ashley2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 21:25   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like an americanised version of the Traveller. BTW, think other than the lights and maybe side panels ,the vehicle looks like having new body.
Wonder if a compact Winger Platinum killer variant is launched.
Old 28th June 2012, 18:50   #54
BHPian

I think its Ready to launch...
Today i saw this in "poomkudy force Kochi" showroom as Like ready to delivery. only deferance is in width , width is increased, I think seating is now 2+2 model.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spotted a Traveller test mule on Pune -Nashik highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Good catch coriollis. Looks like Force Motors is getting ready to take on SML.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The double wheels at the back and also the wider length compared to the current traveller, suggests it might be morein "mini-bus" category than Van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Frontal view of the same
That is nothing but the Force Traveller 26 that was unveiled at the 2012 Auto Expo in New Delhi. In fact, while I was in Pune last December, I managed to take snaps of three variants of Force Traveller on the same day and this Traveller mini-bus was one among them. Force Motors is already marketing this as India's first monocoque bus with it's own set of advantages. I had posted about this in my blog and in one of the threads in Team BHP too (I am not able to locate that thread now). One of the readers of my blog spotted the same mini-bus last month and had sent in a couple of snaps.

The link of both the posts to my blog is given below.

ANYTHING ON WHEELS: Force Traveller Mini Bus and other variants spotted testing in Pune

ANYTHING ON WHEELS: Force Traveller 26 Mini Bus spotted testing in Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan View Post
I think its Ready to launch...
Today i saw this in "poomkudy force Kochi" showroom as Like ready to delivery. only deferance is in width , width is increased, I think seating is now 2+2 model.
I don't think the Traveller 26 is commercially launched in the market. Even the company's website didn't show one when I checked it a couple of weeks back.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 23:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spotted a Traveller test mule on Pune -Nashik highway near Bhosari MIDC bearing a test vehicle tag. Interesting part being the twin tires at the rear instead of one. Also notice the increase in the width of the vehicle.!
Look wise very similar to the older DCM Toyota and Eicher Mitsubishis. Monocoque construction could be the differentor here. This means Force should have to sell sufficient nos to sustain the production line. Is there any monocoque mini buses from TM/AL/Eicher/SMIL on the cards any time soon? This could be excellent in City (Staff tranportation/school bus), but rural areas where Mini buses are in use now (route buses/school buses) may not be good.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Look wise very similar to the older DCM Toyota and Eicher Mitsubishis. Monocoque construction could be the differentor here. This means Force should have to sell sufficient nos to sustain the production line. Is there any monocoque mini buses from TM/AL/Eicher/SMIL on the cards any time soon? This could be excellent in City (Staff tranportation/school bus), but rural areas where Mini buses are in use now (route buses/school buses) may not be good.
The advantage for Force is they have developed this from the exisiting design. So they have lot of commonality wrt BIW. But for a common man(including customer) there need not be any technical upgrades until it meets his requirement - Comfort in this case.

There are so many comfortable body on frame models and the classic example is Toyota Innova.

Force wanted to expand its portfolio and IMO they will succeed.

The other Monocoque which is available with Indian manufacturer is
AL Solo derived from Optare. Infact the entire family of Solo, Versa is all Monocoque. The largest variant will be as equal to full size bus.

Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift-1e_jpg.jpg
Old 29th June 2012, 21:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AL Solo derived from Optare. Infact the entire family of Solo, Versa is all Monocoque. The largest variant will be as equal to full size bus.
Thanks...Looks different. Not sure Indian customers will like it, especially the large glass. But I believe Solo and Versa not available in India yet.
Old 30th June 2012, 14:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 948720
This is actually the catch as these offerings even though are monocoque do not come under the category of 'Panel Van'. Force can still claim to be the only monocoque 26 seater panel van in the country. Maybe the Nissan offerings from ALL or a blown up Winger would provide competition to this new face in the market later.
Old 30th June 2012, 21:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Thanks...Looks different. Not sure Indian customers will like it, especially the large glass. But I believe Solo and Versa not available in India yet.
Not yet and no idea about the launches. But they will be extremely pricier and it will be difficult to find buyer in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
This is actually the catch as these offerings even though are monocoque do not come under the category of 'Panel Van'. Force can still claim to be the only monocoque 26 seater panel van in the country. Maybe the Nissan offerings from ALL or a blown up Winger would provide competition to this new face in the market later.
But what is the claim to be panel van - I dont find nothing advantage here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks