Team-BHP - Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Spy Pics - Force Traveller Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/21075-spy-pics-force-traveller-facelift.html)

To give fight to Tata Trafic, Force is Giving Facelift to Traveller. front is totally changed.

Is Force trying to give it a Sprinter-ish kinda look? What about an engine upgrade? THen it might even sell in Europe/SA/South America.

One friend working in force marketing division was saying that this will have the engine from the 220CDI! How much of that is true I have no idea, any light on this. Then the 220CDI engine gearbox wil be available in the market at CV prices!! Think of any possible uses for that engine. Oh I am dreaming, in the first place, is the statement true that the traveller will have the 220CDI engine?

This BTW looks like will have a Dilip Chhabria inspired front end (read looking like a bulldozer with a radiator on the nose)

220 CDI engine, if ever in a CV, would go to a Tata product, probably a 407 based one.Its unlikely though, but the 270 CDI with the 5 speed auto is widely used in Dodge and MB CVs. Wont it be more probable that it might get some MAN engine instead?

The Traveller is still manufactured under license from MB. Its engines would be under MB control, on the otherhand, why I assume this statement to be true is that one of the sprinter vans (of which the traveller is a earleir version) has this OM646 2148cc engine in different states of tunes.

Wonder they still have those low roof, I would like to go for if they have one with Power steering as family vehicle!.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 367894)
One friend working in force marketing division was saying that this will have the engine from the 220CDI! How much of that is true I have no idea, any light on this. Then the 220CDI engine gearbox wil be available in the market at CV prices!! Think of any possible uses for that engine. Oh I am dreaming, in the first place, is the statement true that the traveller will have the 220CDI engine?

This BTW looks like will have a Dilip Chhabria inspired front end (read looking like a bulldozer with a radiator on the nose)

This is not surprising since for years, Force Motors has been supplying engines to Mercedes Benz India Ltd. for fitment in their cars.
Also, though Daimler Benz divested their shares in Force Motors around the year 2000, through separate agreements, they transferred/licensed technology for their new generation CRDI engines to Force. In fact, the launch of 220 CDI engine appears somewhat belated to me.

Check this link for more details:

http://www.tempoindia.com/sheeba/for...s/brochure.pdf

In so far as the facelift of Traveller is concerned, it appears to be purely cosmetic involving minimal changes for cost considerations. My only fear is that the revised shape would be less pleasing, as with most other facelifts that we have seen in this country.

Tuskhy nice find again.

Did not The tempo traveller[as was called earlier] have mercedes benz engines in the first place[or they shared manufacturing know-how].These vehicles did have stickers on them earlier saying ,in collaboration with Mercedes-Benz[These stickers disappeared later on]

GREAT. the " traveller" desperately needed a facelift to hold its market share.

Yes its true the Traveller will get the same engine as the 220 Cdi which it will supply to Merc for their Cs and Es.

The headlights look sorta old fashioned. Lets see how it turns out. Keep up the good work Tushky.

Awesome Pics Tushky..

If you are not an automobile journalist already, you might want to consider that as a career option..

Cheers,
Manish

The recently launched force Traveller DV smart is a big hit as per company sources, hence production has been increased from 700 to 1100 traveller. The facelift will surely improve these figures.

220 CDI ENGINE for force traveller good news. But faceliftl big no no no.

The wagon R had a face lift. Now it is the turn of its mentor. And what do you know, they might share the same grill type too

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 368811)
The wagon R had a face lift. Now it is the turn of its mentor. And what do you know, they might share the same grill type too

Do I see the TATA 407 Fuming at this statement!! Cos the 407 thinks it had the abilty to inspire atleast something.
Ha! Ha! kind of imagining 407's argueing with the Tempo traveller on this .."look the Wagon R has a sloping bonnet like ME not a stubby nose like u" ..what would the traveller say back?