Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 11:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scania launches next-gen BS-VI ready truck range

Scania has launched its next generation XT range of mining and construction trucks in India. The new range comes with a BS-VI ready powertrain that is claimed to be more fuel efficient and offers a higher load carrying capacity.

Scania launches next-gen BS-VI ready truck range-petr-novotny-managing-director-scania-india-launches-next-truck-generation.jpeg

In India, Scania offers two variants of the XT range of tippers. The G 440 XT 8x4 Tipper comes with either a 20.2 or 22 cubic meter tipper body, while the G 440 XT 8x4 Heavy Tipper comes with 22 or 23 cubic meter tipper body and beefed up suspension. Both variants have a total laden chassis weight with body of 35,000 kg.

Scania launches next-gen BS-VI ready truck range-scania-ntg-u-body-tipper-4min.jpg

Both trucks share the same 12.7-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine that develops 434 BHP @ 1,900 rpm and 2,300 Nm of torque @ 1,000-1,300 rpm. The engine is mated to a 14-speed transmission that has 14 forward ratios and 2 reverse gears. It also has 2 crawler gears.

Scania launches next-gen BS-VI ready truck range-scania-ntg-u-body-tipper.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 11:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scania launches next-gen BS-VI ready truck range

Surprised to see this news article, because I last heard about Scania last year when there were rumours of the company shutting down their operations in the Indian market.

Seems they are not only alive but kicking!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 05:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scania has launched its next generation XT range of mining and construction trucks in India. The new range comes with a BS-VI ready powertrain that is claimed to be more fuel efficient and offers a higher load carrying capacity.
Any idea on what the price range for these trucks is? Would be interesting to know the price difference against the competition, say MAN, VOLVO, Bharat Benz, AMW,etc.,
Old 8th July 2019, 09:58   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Surprised to see this news article, because I last heard about Scania last year when there were rumours of the company shutting down their operations in the Indian market.
Still a majorly loss making unit. That, and the fact that VW headquarters in Germany are losing interest in India, would make me wary of a capital investment in any Scania truck. All the bad press has got to have made fleet operators nervous too.

P.S. Nice job by the photographer. The opening picture is fantastic!

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2019 at 09:59.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good that they are still trying to comptete and has not left the market altogather. Both the Scania trucks and bus range seems to be struglling though. I haven't found any new scania buses with the interstate operators. Only buses that were bought when Scania was first launched are in service. As far as trucks are concerned , this segment is now dominated by BharathBenz and Blazo. Atleast in Kerala , Bharathbenz has an absolute monopoly when it comes to 8x4 and 6x4 tippers.
Old 8th July 2019, 20:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Good that they are still trying to comptete and has not left the market altogather. Both the Scania trucks and bus range seems to be struglling though. I haven't found any new scania buses with the interstate operators. Only buses that were bought when Scania was first launched are in service. As far as trucks are concerned , this segment is now dominated by BharathBenz and Blazo. Atleast in Kerala , Bharathbenz has an absolute monopoly when it comes to 8x4 and 6x4 tippers.
I think they have closed the bus division. I dont see listing of buses in the product listing on their website.

Most Viewed