Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2007, 12:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

AMW is already onroad. Saw a print ad today for their 49 ton truck. Initially targeting bigger towns. Any idea whether they have a bus chassis? If offered at the right price with good service backup, this could be serious competition to Volvo B7R.

Cummins afterall is not a bad engine. We have seen plenty of them on generators. We had one for our fuel bunk and service station.
Old 20th February 2007, 13:37   #17
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
This company is owned by Ruias of Essar group. For more details log on to ###AMW###

Are you sure the company is owned by the Ruia's. I always wondered where the 31 year old promoter (Mr. Bhuwalka) got all the money from.

I think the business model is just brilliant. Niche market focus, maximum outsourcing, focus on flawless integation and a good team to drive distribution & service support. If executed well, they could go a long way. The company has been around for 3 - 4 years but they started making a whole lot of noise in the media from the middle of last year. They also have a quarter dozen dealerships across the country and have sold about 250 units as of now.
Old 20th February 2007, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
AMW is already onroad. Saw a print ad today for their 49 ton truck. Initially targeting bigger towns. Any idea whether they have a bus chassis? If offered at the right price with good service backup, this could be serious competition to Volvo B7R.

Cummins afterall is not a bad engine. We have seen plenty of them on generators. We had one for our fuel bunk and service station.
Which Cummins engine does this come with? A "B" series or the bigger "C" series?
Good thing is, they have started out with big trucks only.
And we already have plenty of competitors in the making for the B7R.

EDIT : Just saw the specs on their websites. Makes me wonder if we will have engines from Cummins mated to ZF gearboxes on most trucks in India someday.

Last edited by sajo : 20th February 2007 at 13:41.
Old 20th February 2007, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Which Cummins engine does this come with? A "B" series or the bigger "C" series?
Should be the C series one. They have the 49 ton truck which will definately require this one. Their entire range is being used, I guess, as the trucks come in all modes - trailer, tipper etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks