Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2007, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Which is this new Truck - AMW

Saw this undergoing testing. Which company has its base in Gujrat?

I think I have seen this logo on auto ricks before. Is this a company called Atul Auto?

Apologies for the bad quality of the pic. (I should make this a part of my signature now).
Old 16th February 2007, 18:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

GM India is in Halol, all their prototype cars have had GJ-17 registration.

I dont know if Atul auto has the capability to make a full size truck like this....plus this truck looks v.v japanese....so my money is on GM bringing ISUZU trucks to India......but like you said ...the logo is different and it dosent add up???
Old 16th February 2007, 18:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
GM India is in Halol, all their prototype cars have had GJ-17 registration.
My apologies again for the bad quality of the pic, but the registration is GJ-12 and not 17. So its not Halol.
Old 16th February 2007, 19:02   #4
BHPian

Could this be from Force motors?
Old 16th February 2007, 19:05   #5
BHPian

Hi guys,

This Truck is made by ASian Motor Works viz amwasia. They have there factry at Bhuj. This may be a 49tonner or 25tonner truck. They are pitched in against Tata Novus, Ashok leyland, Force Man trucks & mahindra International.

This company is owned by Ruias of Essar group. For more details log on to ###AMW###
Old 16th February 2007, 19:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Could this be from Force motors?
Nopes. Wrong logo.Wrong state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hi guys,

This Truck is made by ASian Motor Works viz amwasia. They have there factry at Bhuj. This may be a 49tonner or 25tonner truck. They are pitched in against Tata Novus, Ashok leyland, Force Man trucks & mahindra International.

This company is owned by Ruias of Essar group. For more details log on to ###AMW###
Thank you for the info bond. You seem to be closely associated with the auto industry... Great to have you here amongst us.

Last edited by adya33 : 16th February 2007 at 19:29.
Old 16th February 2007, 21:51   #7
nbr
BHPian

i feel it cud be new TATA.
Old 16th February 2007, 22:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bond,

Thanks. These trucks are selling in if I can say huge numbers...as I see a lot of them in and around the toll nakas and the check posts in Mumbai.
Old 16th February 2007, 23:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Really? You saw hordes of these trucks on toll nakas?!!! Well maybe you do see some in and around Mumbai as these are manufactured in Gujrat. However I have never seen any of these ever.

On a different note, I really wonder what could be the fate of AMW. For any truck manufacturer the scale is important. However these guys sound to me like 3rd party assemblers... much like those computer assemblers in every neighborhood. They pick up components from various manufacturers and then assemble them here. I wonder whether that inspires enough confidence amongst the truckers. A company that has no product of its own (or a parent's, if there is one) can not be a very awe-inspiring entity, neither for the customers nor for the competitors.
Old 16th February 2007, 23:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
i feel it cud be new TATA.
The logo has confirmed the company 007bond has mentioned. I guess they are testing it with a TATA. Tata is eager to bring in the Daewoo range in India. Heard lots of news on it. However the project hasn't taken off yet.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 16th February 2007 at 23:41.
Old 16th February 2007, 23:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

AMW is already in the market with its 25 and 49 tonners. It uses a Cummins engine.
Old 17th February 2007, 00:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Tata is eager to bring in the Daewoo range in India. Heard lots of news on it. However the project hasn't taken off yet.
I wonder why - we see enough of these new Tata trucks here in the middle-east. Feels good to see these 18-wheelers rubbing shoulders with other big brands on the road.
Old 17th February 2007, 00:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The logo has confirmed the company 007bond has mentioned. I guess they are testing it with a TATA. Tata is eager to bring in the Daewoo range in India. Heard lots of news on it. However the project hasn't taken off yet.
The truck parked next to the AMW truck is the Tata Novus multiwheeled drive tipper. Tushky has caught the tractor trailer versions undergoing testing too. Posted here.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The truck parked next to the AMW truck is the Tata Novus multiwheeled drive tipper. Tushky has caught the tractor trailer versions undergoing testing too. Posted here.
Thats good news for long distance carriers. I thought Tata was committed on the LPS series and a new category - 49 ton(sorry forgot the name) to take on the Volvo FH12.

I also think Novus will do good in the export market as well and earn some precious forex.
Old 19th February 2007, 15:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I wonder why - we see enough of these new Tata trucks here in the middle-east. Feels good to see these 18-wheelers rubbing shoulders with other big brands on the road.
Which engines are the middle-eastern models fitted with?
The Novus launched in India comes with 8.3 litre Cummins "C" series engine (ordinary DI, 299 BHP) sourced from Cummins India.
However, the Novus models as sold in S. Korea and S Africa are powered by bigger engines (up to 14 litres) that these trucks came fitted with originally, before the Tata takeover of Daewoo CV division.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks