Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 21:49   #31
BHPian

There is a king long bus operated by a private operator called 'rathi meena'
betwe trivandrum and chennai . i used to travel in this quite often .the apperaed too old with some singapore fone number for tickets .

it uses some chinese Tv and player .and the engine was too powerful
and is more louder than B7R .A/c is a chiller .they provide thick blankets in bus .
and LHS seats are single (only one passenger) i came to know that it is available different seat combinations .but this bus is definitely smaller than B7R but was constantly touching 90-100 kph .And the driver told that it is cheaper than B7R but they charge same b7R fare

Last edited by Zappo : 15th October 2007 at 23:12. Reason: No more than 2 smilies allowed per post. Extra smilies edited out.
Old 15th October 2007, 21:59   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Ram, can have some clarity here?
Ok, I've checked up on this.
binaiks, your flickr site says this photo is public.

So, I don't see any issue. Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/binaiks/385317153
Old 16th October 2007, 00:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, I don't see any issue. Check out DSCF8762a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Is there anyway we can prove that Binaik was the original snapper?

Although, even if he was, Ram did not claim this to be taken by him.
Old 16th October 2007, 09:08   #34
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Dear Binai K.

Let me give you credit for photographing a bus at the Pune bus stand.

Please be assured, I have not claimed your photo was taken by me, nor sold it, nor entered it in any commercial or non-commercial competition.

I merely used a Googled snap for describing one-night's bus travel experience, in a forum that enjoys discussing motor vehicles.

In this era of a camera phone in every pocket, we all see zillions of snaps being exchanged in zillions of forums on the internet.

And among the innumerous snaps of motor cars in web-based forums, we see folks derive thrill from seeing their snaps being used to illustrate some point.

Hope that does not offend you.

Ram
Old 25th October 2007, 16:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, I don't see any issue. Check out DSCF8762a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Flickr says "Photo is public" when it is viewable to everyone around, and IT DOESN'T MEANT ANY ONE CAN SIMPLY USE IT. I have no objections in using the pic, but it is a part of basic courtesy to put up the name of the photographer/source when you are not the photographer.

For the guy who asked me if there is any proof to prove that i am the original snapper, I have the original unedited image along with the camera, which itself is enough to prove who the photographer is.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Flickr says "Photo is public" when it is viewable to everyone around, and IT DOESN'T MEANT ANY ONE CAN SIMPLY USE IT. I have no objections in using the pic, but it is a part of basic courtesy to put up the name of the photographer/source when you are not the photographer.

For the guy who asked me if there is any proof to prove that i am the original snapper, I have the original unedited image along with the camera, which itself is enough to prove who the photographer is.
Your Displeasure is justified. Who wouldn't feel deeply disturbed upon discovering that his/her masterpieces of creativity are being plagiarised upon.

As for us, it helped us taking our discussion forward nothing else about that photograph mattered. So thanks for the snap.

Last edited by 1100D : 26th October 2007 at 00:18.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Flickr says "Photo is public" when it is viewable to everyone around, and IT DOESN'T MEANT ANY ONE CAN SIMPLY USE IT.
Then what does it mean? Did you take permission from the bus operator before you clicked the picture?

Dont push the issue, you got more than what you wanted form Ram, so why dont we end it right here.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th October 2007 at 00:37.
Old 26th October 2007, 01:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

binaiks, thank you for the photo.

Please remember that it is not an award-winning or copyrighted photograph. It is just a normal picture of a bus. Please don't make an issue out of a public photograph.

However, next time you host pictures, please indicate that you would like anyone who uses it to provide a link to your gallery.

Ram, great write-up. I went through the entire thread and it is great!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 26th October 2007 at 01:12.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:30   #39
santoshnair

any one has the pic of KIng LONg that BEST has bought

Old 12th November 2007, 13:03   #40
BHPian

any info on the yet to be launched merc buses in tie up with sutlej?
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:12   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics of a Kinglong:

But finish wasn't great:

The bus sported labels in mandarin (?).
Old 12th September 2008, 08:12   #42
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Deteriorating Xiamen Kinglong (JCBL Cerita)

Traveled in a Shivneri Kinglong (BOM->PNQ) on Wed. 10-Sep-2008.

Desi patchwork

The front face had been probably smashed and inexpertly patched up.

Gone were the aero headlamps. They were replaced by riveted plates carrying conventional 1950s style headlamps, with rusty poorly chrome-plated trim-rings. What about headlamp beam alignment?

King Long KL-6113-shivnerikinglongrepairs.jpg

Has JCBL Punjab failed to supply spares in time to their customers?

Fading computer printouts

We have a zillion annual festivals. For every one, our minor local politicos put up photo hoardings promoting themselves. These are typically on computer-printed PVC sheets. Thanks to advances in digital cameras and color-inkjet printing technology, prices have gone delightfully south.

Well the Maharashtra State Road Transport corp. uses the same tech. for "stickering" their luxury coaches. And the printing ink on the fancy computer printed "Shivneri" sticker, fades pale in the sun and rain.

King Long KL-6113-shivnerikinglongfadedsticker.jpg

Obviously computer print inks weren't meant for our tropical weather. Not for outdoor use, period.

Ram
Old 5th October 2008, 12:10   #43

Forget KingLong if you are 6Ft+

I happened to travel by the KingLong more than a couple of times on the BOM-PUNE route.. MSRTC has smartly named them as Shivneri too in order to woo passengers. The fact is that this chinese stuff is not even 20% as comfortable as the Swedish beauty. The leg room is the least and compares to be NO more than the Mahabus(the other variant which is built on Tata/AL series)..
The Volvo on the other side, has the best leg room so as to accomodate me fully with stretched legs.. I am 190 cms plus and KingLong is Not LONG for me !!
Old 5th October 2008, 15:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Traveled in a Shivneri Kinglong (BOM->PNQ) on Wed. 10-Sep-2008.

Desi patchwork

The front face had been probably smashed and inexpertly patched up.

Gone were the aero headlamps. They were replaced by riveted plates carrying conventional 1950s style headlamps, with rusty poorly chrome-plated trim-rings. What about headlamp beam alignment?

Has JCBL Punjab failed to supply spares in time to their customers?
It just could be that spares would be expensive, difficult to procure (time consuming since they get shipped from the north) and putting the bus out of service could mean a big revenue dip for MSRTC.

Afterall they have several of these ST workshops in major towns (atleast in Aurangabad I have seen one), that have the capacity to put out buses with just AL/Tata chassis as an input! Of course with some aluminium sheets, glass and pop-rivets thrown in

So getting this broken bus fixed would have been a 30 min job for any skilled bus builder with a few pieces of aluminium, pop rivet gun, a spray (or brush) paint and headlamps in use for most other AL buses! Simple and easy ... but surely an eyesore!
Old 5th October 2008, 23:40   #45
BHPian

I sometimes travel by the shivneri that starts from borivavli and goes via thane. These buses are the new King Long buses - not sure what model this is. I am also posting some pics here. These buses do some really high speeds on the Ex-way but i could not confirm as i never got a front seat.
But, today i got to sit right behind the driver while returning from pune and i actually saw the speedo needle above 130kmph, almost touching 135kmph (not kidding or exaggerating). It was an awesome experience but also a little terrifying.
Attached Thumbnails
King Long KL-6113-dsc00047.jpg  

King Long KL-6113-dsc00048.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks