Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 09:30   #1
BHPian

Rolotel- Hotel on wheels in INDIA

I caught up with Rolotel - A Hotel on Mercedes Coaches, Parked & not in motion, rite here at the Delhi- Gurgaon border.
Its a limited series hotel across the world.

For more info, Please visit -

Rotel Tours

and

Rotel: http//www.rotel.de/rotel-tours/de/index.php

Here are the pics, with the trailer, the sleeping coach in the back and the luggage and equipment carrying trucks at the back.

Note the registration number of the coach in front

Hope you all enjoy this!
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2007, 13:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Checked thier website..very interesting concept of making a tour..could be thought of such in India too..

Its notices that all thier trucks & buses are Mercedes..only other is Setra coaches, which basically a Merc itself..it show thier confidence in the brand at any terrain..
Old 19th February 2007, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Seen these back home as a kid - they used to be regular at the Grand Hotel which was always full of german tourists. In those days they also had a caravan that held a chemical toilet. The brand name used then was also Rotel and the colours were similar.
Old 19th February 2007, 16:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

well members, I've done a Europe tour 23 days in one these, when I was in school in 1970-10std, and still carry memories only, no snaps. it was the first international tour organised by Lala tours if people are familiar with mumbai school tour operators!! and we also had a separate mini van which carried cooks to next destination, and indian food was ready on arrival!!!
Old 19th February 2007, 17:48   #5
BHPian

I am sorry that the last pic doesn't show the carrier truck clearly. It had an openable rear end which was open at that time and had tourists standing.
Old 8th February 2015, 23:43   #6
BHPian

Re: Rolotel- Hotel on wheels in INDIA

Today only my brother spotted one such Rotel Mercedes-Benz truck in Bhuj, Gujarat.
Old 9th February 2015, 14:59   #7
BHPian

Saw one of these in Goa (Colva) many years ago. I wonder what route they take between Turkey and India now that the Af-Pak roads are considered high risk. Until the Iranian revolution there used to be a number of bus operators bringing groups of tourists overland from the UK to India / Nepal and back.
ajitkommini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 22:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Saw one of these in Goa (Colva) many years ago. I wonder what route they take between Turkey and India now that the Af-Pak roads are considered high risk. Until the Iranian revolution there used to be a number of bus operators bringing groups of tourists overland from the UK to India / Nepal and back.
Ajit
Hi
I too am curious about it.
There is one point that I would like to ask.
These would be left hand drives. Pity the driver who has to negotiate through the chaotic traffic.
Overtaking would be a herculean task.
Regards

Most Viewed