Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Pics: Food Trucks in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
ROADKILL

Websit
I feel the vehicle has been extensively modded for this purpose. The stock length was way shorter for a matador and also the roof extension does not look solid, I could be wrong though. Tempo traveller is the best foundation for a food truck, height, length etc would be sufficient. Modifying existing body work would be cheaper than building a whole new one. I wonder what would happen when these trucks go for FC every year.

I have had burgers, french fries, mini pizza from the foot trucks parked at Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore. I don't find them that great. Quantity was good, taste was nothing different from any other usual eatery.

Last edited by SS80 : 5th December 2019 at 11:39. Reason: Spelling correction
SS80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Food trucks are an upcoming trend in India. Compared to a traditional brick and mortar store, the risks are less.

One can be a true entrepreneur with a relatively smaller investment. The flexibility of menu etc and the fact that currently the competition is not smoking hot makes it a rather sane opportunity. However, one has to keep in mind that the operating space is less, factor in vehicle upkeep, bylaws etc.
Old 6th December 2019, 10:03   #18
BHPian

Yes, big fad these days with the IT office crowd. So much, there's a telugu film made on this concept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelli_Choopulu

Personally, i am not a big fan. Water is the biggest scarcity that these people have. They can't carry enough water to wash all plates etc. So, no hygiene. People crowding at those places as if they are distributing free food packets to drought stricken people. They all appear like fly by night operators.

What a contrast this thread is with the Weight loss and healthy eating thread here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...thread-36.html (The Weight Loss Thread)

I'd be happy with a plate of idli at some hygienic place.
bharatbits is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 10:39   #19
BHPian

I am not sure if I can add this to FOOD TRUCK thread, but I cannot miss to add one of the most famous food bike chain in India 'BBQ Ride India'.

https://yourstory.com/2017/01/bbq-ri...oadtype=scroll

I tasted there yummy kebabs a couple of times, and the best part is it can go to any corner and get parked. The last I heard about them from a friend of mine, they crossed 100 bikes/locations pan India.

Old 6th December 2019, 10:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
It is also the first food truck in India and opened back in 2005

Attachment 1941540
I seriously doubt that claim, in 2005 we had several of these food trucks. I have been seeing food trucks in my hometown Thiruvananthapuram since the last 30 - 35 years or so. First of these food trucks were based on Standard Motors van, then came the Matador and then the Tempo Traveller. Now most of these are Tempo Travellers.

What is different between these food trucks and the one we have here is that these Mumbai trucks look the part.

A nice thread indeed
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 11:45   #21
BHPian

Great to see this thread.

I run some food trucks in Noida - The Meaty Affair. I am travelling right now, will share some pics once I am back.
ntomer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 11:57   #22
BHPian

Anna nagar , Chennai had a Food truck way back in 95-96 infront of Kandaswamy College , i am unable to recollect the name . We used to cycle around Tower park and end up having food at the truck every weekend .

Hyderabad has got a vibrant Food truck model . Around the place i stay there used to be Truck named " Red Canteen " serving food till 12pm . Apparently this is partly owned by Hyd cricketer Ambati Rayudu . However due to constant police harassment they have moved to Hitec City area .

Also along highways across AP near toll plazas one can find TATA Ace's converted as food truck dishing out South indian Tiffins .
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 01:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Great to see this thread.

I run some food trucks in Noida - The Meaty Affair. I am travelling right now, will share some pics once I am back.
It would be nice if you can share your story - how you came up with the idea, what were some of the challenges you faced and how you overcame them, designing the truck, licenses required for the business, and the whole works. Maybe I am asking a bit too much here but its something that would be interesting to know and may come in use to people interested in making a foray into the business.

P.S. I do not currently run or intend to run a food truck business in the foreseeable future.
Herschey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 16:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

The 99 variety dosa, Bajaj three wheelers with the rear converted into a kitchen can be found around Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Food Trucks in India-mainqimge2f9e2bd8d30471286af5047d39a2d83c.jpg  

tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 22:42   #25
BHPian

Our Belagavi too has had a few of these trucks. Neatly decked ones are in the pics below. Not sure if they are in business today.

Pics: Food Trucks in India-foodtruckbelagavi.jpg

Pics: Food Trucks in India-adigemaneonwheelsbelagavi.jpg
five46 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks