Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 05:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Tempo Traveller Test drive

An interesting thing that I noted was that the Tempo Travellers have very indigenous air-conditioning solutions. They don't have the normal engine driven compressor air-conditioners. They have domestic use air-conditioners fixed, they are run with a UPS off the vehicle battery.

This is a whole new school of thought and given the right size air-conditioner should revolutionise the market
Old 13th November 2014, 09:49   #47

Re: Availability of Tempo Travellers

Tempo Traveller Modified with 4 push back seats in front with a new A/C new paint job, Beds for 3 with ample storage space under the bed. With running water and gray water collector, Gas burner, Plate rack glass holders with retaining straps Kettle for coffee. Used very sparingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Tempo Traveller Test drive-image-9.jpeg  

Force Tempo Traveller Test drive-image-11.jpeg  

Force Tempo Traveller Test drive-image-10.jpeg  

Force Tempo Traveller Test drive-image-13.jpeg  

Force Tempo Traveller Test drive-image-12.jpeg  

tcjacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 20:35   #48
BANNED

I contacted the force motors guy about buying a white board Force traveller. He quoted 8.7 Lac on road for the 3050 version (that alone can be had in white board). He also added that they wont provide AC on Passenger version but only on the commercial version
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 08:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I contacted the force motors guy about buying a white board Force traveller. He quoted 8.7 Lac on road for the 3050 version (that alone can be had in white board). He also added that they wont provide AC on Passenger version but only on the commercial version
Very strange! They quote a 6+D A/C and sliding door (never seen one myself but is a very interesting concept, A la Omni and tight parking spots at any random "sight-seeing - spot"). Planning to wander by the Khivraj boys -will confirm if that's right or jugaad works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Engine:
It has 2.7L naturally aspirated engine. This engine puts out 68bhp. For the psychotic drivers which these this is more than enough. You will regularly see it hitting 3 digits on empty stretches of hosur road and ring road.
Sometime, if you can, take a TD of the new 129 BHP/ 300 NM torque one - would be an interesting contrast. I have an Etios, and the traveller guys beat me on the road in terms of both - maneuverability, and how quickly they close gaps in the traffic. A bit frustrating, I can tell you that.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th April 2015 at 10:59. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating back-to-back posts in quick succession.
Sridutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 10:07   #50
BHPian

Went to the Force Traveller office at the Lalbaugh Road junction and met the manager there a month back (Nov 2016) and had a very long chat with him. He clearly stated that now, as per the RTO, the Traveller CANNOT be registered as personal vehicle in Karnataka anymore. I pleaded with him figure out if there was any way around this and with some exasperation & amusement he said, "Sir, I will sell you the vehicle if you wish, but registration is your problem." So that's that as far as Karnataka registration is concerned

Does anyone have any advise on:
1. Are there any states in India where the Force Traveller can be registered as a white board?
2. The Manager mentioned that at the state check posts the RTO chaps will still stop and enquire (? harass) even if it's a white board vehicle (as the RTO guys want to ensure that it is not being misused as a taxi in the guise of a white board) etc. Anyone has any comments on this?
3. Any practical tips & tricks on how to get a white board traveller and drive it without hassles across the width & breadth of our country?

My thanks in advance,
Musa
Old 7th December 2016, 13:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Went to the Force Traveller office at the Lalbaugh Road junction and met the manager there a month back (Nov 2016) and had a very long chat with him. He clearly stated that now, as per the RTO, the Traveller CANNOT be registered as personal vehicle in Karnataka anymore. I pleaded with him figure out if there was any way around this and with some exasperation & amusement he said, "Sir, I will sell you the vehicle if you wish, but registration is your problem." So that's that as far as Karnataka registration is concerned

1. Are there any states in India where the Force Traveller can be registered as a white board?
2. The Manager mentioned that at the state check posts the RTO chaps will still stop and enquire (? harass) even if it's a white board vehicle (as the RTO guys want to ensure that it is not being misused as a taxi in the guise of a white board) etc. Anyone has any comments on this?
3. Any practical tips & tricks on how to get a white board traveller and drive it without hassles across the width & breadth of our country?

My thanks in advance,
Musa
Hi - I think the 9+D model on the 3050 wheelbase can qualify as a personal vehicle, at least in Chennai.

Check with RTO Agents, on whether there is a way they can "convince" the RTO head to make an exception and register as a private vehicle. I am sure its possible. Just that some folks do no want to go the extra mile and take the pain for you.

1) Yes in Tami Nadu, I have seen white board Travelers. I have also seen white board travelers in Kolhapur-Nipani-Ratnagiri belt.
2) Well, in that case there is an equal chance of stopping a white board Sumo or a Getaway/Xenon/VCross too. Even if they stop, you can tell them that all are known passengers / relatives / friends.
3) Explore the option of buying a used vehicle and converting it to a white board. Many old indiacs and sumos do that. Once a white board, hassles are less but still there is a fair chance you would still need to talk your way out at RTO / police check-posts.

VCross / Getaway are LMVs but members have reported that toll agents charge commercial toll by looking at the loading bay. Members have to show the RC book listed as LMV and fight for ordinary toll fares. It is inconvenient all right, but if Traveler is your dream vehicle, go ahead and buy it - the inconvenience would fade away in the background.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 7th December 2016 at 13:51.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 20:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post

My thanks in advance,
Musa
Registering a vehicle as private varies between state to state and it depends on the approval that a manufacturers has taken. When a new vehicle say truck, car or bike is launched, its the sole responsibility of manufacturer to take STA and based on that only RTO will register the vehicle in particular state. Reason being every state has different regulations and they are over and above the ARAI and CMVR.

A vehicle can run as yellow board in KA and not necessarily the same is possible in TN or AP. Even for regular registration we have this issue.
Tata LPO 1618 doesn't have new STA in TN and hence they cant be registered but the same is possible in KL. In TN for a van, we have Maxicab permit and the seating capacity is 12+1. Next immediate seating option available was Mini bus permit which can seat upto 25+1. For having a mini bus permit you will need to own a mini bus. Only when you have a Mini bus you can have a spare bus and you can run it as tourist bus. (for a calling a bus as mini bus there is separate category as they can be only with a wheel base of 3900mm)
Still you can register a vehicle in between this officially. In case you do, they will be based on Omni Bus permit or all India tourist bus permit, for which road tax is 10 times of what you pay as Maxi cab.
Only recently Traveller 26+D got approval.
So there are lot many than what we discuss here and as said, its the sole discretion of state and manufacturers responsibility. So there is no generic rule and hence take advice of authorities in your state and act accordingly.

Good Luck!
Ashley2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 17:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

It is not just states, but registration rules can vary district wise too. In Maharashtra the Pune district RTO's MH-12, MH-14 and MH-42 do not register tempo traveller high roof as private, but register the flat roof version. I know people in Pune who have travellers with MH-06 Raigad south or MH-16 Ahmednagar, MH-07 or Sindhudurg registration.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 12:35   #54
BHPian

Hi All,

I'm buying a used 2012 model Force traveller which has 75bhp and 2.5 D turbo charged Engine.
Is it a good engine compared to the 130bhp one ?
Can I register it as a private vehicle ? Im buying it from a tour operator. It has done only 40,000 kms , used for ferrying IT employees within city. It has not been running for over a year now. What are the precautions should I do before using it after purchase.

Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 10:03   #55
BHPian

Hi Rev Maniac

The 75 BHP version is not as good as the 130 BHP one. Depending on which wheelbase you are buying, it can be registered for private use. As far my understanding goes only the 3350 and 3050 can be registered for private use.

Precautions to take

Check the body quality thoroughly. Engine and gearbox are reliable as they are Mercedes Benz derived units. Check suspension and brakes too.

Also, be very careful about which dealer you are going for routine service. PM me and I will share the number of the territory sales manager of Chennai region in case you run into any problems
MadiMaama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 10:22   #56

Mod Note: Do NOT link to your company or try to market on Team-BHP. Any repeat offence will have your account banned.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2020 at 06:57.
rvmengg is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks