Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 23:11   #31
BHPian

Re: All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020

Great job in terms of design.

Those deep hole for Headlight and the additional forehead looks least aerodynamic which clearly indicates it is meant only for ferrying people.
In the times when KIA Carnival is making right noise or even Mercedes V class in Marco Polo edition , why don't TATA give some variants in 'Limousine' variant or Camper van variant? Design team definitely looks capable to pull this.
Old 13th February 2020, 07:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I feel TML should not mix their passenger vehicle design language with commercial vehicles. They should distinguish them both.
But this vehicle looks so out of proportion to me.
+1, Arvind. I had a lot of hopes after Pratap Bose had made the Russian-doll statement. This one is a little different from the SUV's, but all SUV's are looking similar now.

Looking at it again, this looks more like the old high-roof Winger with a new bonnet. Not much sweat going into this version ?

That extra-high roof accommodating the over-head storage space is not something the mass market (for this type of vehicle) would see as necessary. If you look at the TT's, the luggage is either stowed below the seats, behind the last row, or on top. Tata should see more numbers going that way instead of this ultra-tall looking unit. More about perception than function. This design would be more suitable for the school vans, or office travel.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th February 2020 at 09:02. Reason: Edited on request.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 16:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when this facelift would be released for booking and also is it possible to register this as private and drive this with an LMV license?
If yes, I am planning to book.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
All that huge metal area on the roof is a canvas for Vinyl sticker artists..
I can see the Jai Mata Di crusaders too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
A new front end does not change the fact that this is basically a Renault Trafic van from the mid-late 1980s
Unlike the North Americans and Europeans who are happy to convert a Mercedes Sprinter / Ford Transit / Vauxhall Monavo into a Vanlife camper, I don't really see a lot of Indian's doing that. Ultimately these vehicles will go into the commercial use segment as people transporters, so I don't see the design teams burning midnight oil to come up with something fresh or new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
What might really sell:-
Going back to the above, I agree this is what you need if you want to reach the urban family wanting a road trip capable vehicle, but these go into commercial and I doubt anyone will be willing to pay for those additional features. They'll just take the Traveller and say thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That extra-high roof accommodating the over-head storage space is not something the mass market (for this type of vehicle) would see as necessary.
They don't care. They can lob all the luggage on the roof and tie it down under a tarp.

I agree with everyone who said they are trying to apply their PV design philosophy to their CV lineup. They need to separate the two lineups. For the Winger, I would prefer having one sturdy chassis and body combination with 2 engine offerings at different power levels (For example smaller but fuel efficient engine and a larger torque monster option) paired with both AT and MT options and you can customize the interiors the way you want i.e. people carrier, road tripper, ambulance, cargo etc.
confused.geek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 00:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
... is it possible to register this as private and drive this with an LMV license?
I hardly doubt that!

1. Vehicles over 8 seats cannot be registered as a Private Vehicle, IIRC. And Winger range starts with D+9 and goes up to D+16.

2. All private passenger cars need to provide Driver Airbag, Seat Belt Reminders etc. and should comply with BNVSAP now. And unlike the Force T1N, the updated Winger showcased at the Auto Expo did not have a Driver Airbag.

If the above criteria are met, then it should not be a problem to drive it with a LMV Licence, as it weighs under 8 tonnes.

Though I would still want the Winger Platinum to return in the new avatar for private registrations, or to have the option to buy a Long Wheelbase High Roof Winger Cargo under White Plate and without the 80Km/Hr speed limit and convert it into a Van Life vehicle for going on road trips across-the-board India.
Old 3rd June 2020, 07:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

The new Tata Winger variants are about to be launched in the BS6 Avatar according to AutoCar website (Link)

All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-0_490_735_0_70_http___img.haymarketsac.in_autocarpro_24ed2b6748be4ab0b33d76711005bbc3.jpg

Quote:
The new Winger gets a new styling look which is said to be closely inspired from its passenger vehicle range, a first look at the vehicle reveals split headlamps and a new grille. However, the seating capacity remains the same. In addition to the styling the new Winger is upgraded with additional features such as 15-inch radial tyre size in all variants, FDSS (Fire detection and suppression system) fitment in all school variants, ABS and VTS (vehicle tracking system), among others.

While the technical specifications for the Winger BS VI variants are not revealed, it is expected that the engine will continue to have similar engine figures (BS IV) – 2.2-litre DICOR, 73.5Kw (99hp) @ 4000rpm; 190Nm torque @ 1250-3500rpm; and a 60-litre fuel tank capacity.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

All-new Tata Winger with updated styling spied

The updated Tata Winger featuring a redesigned front fascia has been spied testing.

All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-img20200614wa0045.jpg

The design of the new Winger is based on Tata's Impact 2.0 styling. It features a slim grille with a chrome bar and slim LED daytime running lights. Just like the Harrier, the main headlamp clusters are positioned lower down on the front bumper. The test vehicle seen in these images has rectangular halogen headlamps. It also has a pair of circular fog lamps.

All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-img20200614wa0047.jpg

At the rear, the reshaped tail lamps are integrated into a black plastic cladding. The Winger has a sliding door for the rear compartment and a split tail gate. The van also has a side step.

All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-img20200614wa0046.jpg

The updated Tata Winger was presented at the 2020 Auto Expo. The display vehicle had body coloured front and rear bumpers as well as cladding. The interior is also expected to be updated with a new 3-spoke steering wheel, twin-dial instrument cluster with an MID and gloss black centre console with a touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-img20200614wa0048.jpg

Thanks to AutoSpy for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 11:49   #38
BHPian

Looks Horrible.

Personally, I really hope that they keep the Impact 2.0 as the design language of their personal passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles deserve a different style & the use of the same design language will make their premium products undesirable.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 12:17   #39
BHPian

This will surely pull down the sales of Harrier. No one would want to spend around 20L and share similarities with a commercial car. The name tata could have remained for the commercial vehicles and launch another name and badge for their passenger vehicles. The same failure trait is of the brand 'Force' launching private cars.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 13:19   #40
BHPian

The front fascia looks like the old Winger wore a mask to prevent Corona. People are going to social distance it for sure and far. Kidding aside, but the looks are appalling.
asbshyam is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 15:13   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree the first pic is skewed, still.

This just looks horrible.

Like some aftermarket work done on a Winger, only real change being the higher bonnet line.
Force motors could bring a new generation of van, yet Tata is still stuck with the 90s french van.

Atleast bring the last gen Renault Trafic if you will, or used dies of some Japanese vans.

To have a long lifecycle, this isn't even a success.

Just change it to something that atleast commercial buyers would want, let alone private buyers.
Like other members have said, would have a negative impact on the Tata PVs too, if they are carrying over the design philosophy, especially since it's looking as a botched aftermarket job.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 07:27   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The updated Tata Winger featuring a redesigned front fascia has been spied testing.
Really makes you wonder if the designers once done with their designs actually step back to look at their creation, or if they just move on from one shoddy job to the next. Atleast the previous version of the Winger looked decent, if not old school.
benbsb29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 07:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

I find the looks fine. It is a commercial vehicle. Nobody is buying it for handsome looks. If at all, people look at how big it is. The previous winger felt smaller compared to the Traveler which is the king of the segment. What they need is something which looks as big as Traveller. This at least gives out a perception that it is as big as the Traveler.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 08:57   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Oh that face drilled through my eyes. Especially in this black trim look it looks ugly to say the least. I'm hoping the final production variant will have body coloured panels etc & it won't look this bad.

Yet - I still feel the original Renault van inspired look was far better. Subtle, clean. And it didn't burn eyes. This look I'm not able to like just yet. Agreed that the Winger needed an identity reset to try and fight with the Traveler. Let's see how the sales finally show.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 11:00   #45
BHPian

I like the Winger for its panel van look, car like drive-ability, tried and tested European design. Have been looking for an used private registered SWB Winger (heart over head decision). Tried rendering a GMC van's front fascia, makes the front smarter.
Attached Thumbnails
All-new Tata Winger showcased at Auto Expo 2020-img_20200616_10303802.jpeg  

donabrh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks