Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 11:26   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Special Introductory Pricing as of now.

However in the light of the current situation they are doing limited sails, keeping all safety protocols in mind.
Surprisingly no morning ferry!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 23:43   #32
BHPian

Service is underway and some pictures from the sailing today.

I for one cannot wait to try this out asap!!

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200318wa0049.jpg

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200318wa0048.jpg
PGNarain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

The first Ro-Ro service from Mumbai to Alibaug ran yesterday, since lockdown halted its operations in March. The vessel can carry 145 cars and 500 passengers with a 40 mins travel time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r1.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r2.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r3.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r4.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r5.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r6.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-r7.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 23:56   #34
BHPian

That timing to leave Mumbai in the evening is such a bummer. Who would take this ferry if you have a Hotel to stay in at Alibaug? You essentially are paying for an entire day of Hotel fare for nothing.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:20   #35
BHPian

RO-RO timings and fare. Received through whatsapp, so not sure if genuine.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0019.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0014.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0015.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0016.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0017.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0020.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0023.jpg  

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img20200823wa0025.jpg  

Deepsp is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 12:16   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it not permitted to stay put inside your car for the entire journey? Given the times we live in I would much rather stay safe inside my car than go sit in the deck.
From the pics it seems everyone has to park their cars and then leave to go sit elsewhere
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 12:47   #37
BHPian

Does car insurance cover any damages caused during the ferry ride? In case it encounters stormy conditions or rough seas and cars bump into each other.
virajmore03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 23:50   #38
BHPian

Seems expensive. More than 2K rs for a family of 4 in a car and that's one-way. A cyclist will pay Rs 400 one way! I wonder who came up with this pricing. The pictures show a kind of a lounge or is that a restaurant onboard?
Old 26th August 2020, 12:51   #39
BHPian

The pricing is on the higher side but the roads are also quite bad from Panvel if you want to drive down to Mandwa or Alibaug.
Old 26th August 2020, 13:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Personally feel the passenger cost is high. Nominal charges for walk in passenger and someone in a car should not be made to pay twice(Car+per passenger). This way you will take a lot of stress off other modes of transport and get more footfalls.
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 13:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
Does car insurance cover any damages caused during the ferry ride? In case it encounters stormy conditions or rough seas and cars bump into each other.
The yellow spots you see where the cars are parked, are actually hooks to strap and secure the cars. However this will never happen unless a major accident or tragedy happens.

I happen to be on a short 15 minute ferry ride somewhere in Europe and each and every vehicle on it was strapped and secured.

But this is India. Sab chalta hai & laziness !! " 40 minute mein kya hoga"
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-hook.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 16:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
In my opinion the regular insurance may not cover the damage caused during the sea transit. As per my understanding the insurance is liable for paying up for damage when driven on "Motorable" roads and in accordance with the provisions of CMVR.

It is also possible that the ticket fare includes the transit insurance coverage.
Old 2nd September 2020, 18:03   #43
BHPian

So, I took a day off from my office this Anant Chaturdashi (01st Sept) and headed down to Alibaug and was back the same day on the M2M Ferry.

We were a group of 3 families (6 adults and 3 children) in two cars (1 SUV and 1 Sedan) with the total cost of INR 8,400.

We were in any case excited to go out after a very very long time and the ferry trip added to the excitement. Impressions were very good, booking tickets was easy and the boarding process was well managed and smooth. Similarly, de-boarding was also smooth and quick and for once everyone was very patient and disciplined. The ship is brand new and everything felt premium and well put together. Hope it holds out that way, especially on the passenger areas. Jetty and Wharf infrastructure at both ends is well developed and maintained. Allied infra (restaurants and pop up shops) are currently closed but understand that they will be up and running by the end of September or early October.

As an added bonus, we had an Autocar India crew on board possibly for a write up on the Ferry Service along with a Ferrari FF and had a bit of a fan moment when I got to meet Shapor Kotwal and clicked a selfie with him even though it felt a bit juvenile but I could not stop myself!

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-20200901_074513.jpg

I think it is a Ferrari FF, please do correct me if I am wrong!

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-20200902_173805.jpg

Overall a great experience and we already have plans afoot for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is it not permitted to stay put inside your car for the entire journey? ......From the pics it seems everyone has to park their cars and then leave to go sit elsewhere
Yes, you can just stay in your car and on our trip too, few people choose to stay in their cars. Pets are allowed, but not on deck or passenger areas and lounge, so few people with pets stayed put in their cars. You can just see an car with its tailgate up in the corner of the picture above who had pets (a cat and a dog). However, on the return trip, under the hot sun it would have been bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Seems expensive.... The pictures show a kind of a lounge or is that a restaurant onboard?
It is slightly expensive, but a lovely way to travel. I stay at Belapur, Navi Mumbai and I seriously doubt I will ever go again by road towards Alibaug/Naigaon and onwards by road and most definitely not before the current road expansion work is completed till Pen. For people in western suburbs, it is a no-brainer and ditto for the fancy South Mumbai folks who want to chill out at their Alibaug Bungalows. During my trip also, there was more than the average concentration of high end cars around. There is a small snack counter serving tea, coffee, cold drinks etc in the lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
The yellow spots you see where the cars are parked, are actually hooks to strap and secure the cars. However this will never happen unless a major accident or tragedy happens.
Cars are not strapped down or secured. We did have a quite a bit of rolling on the way back from Mandwa and the alarm on one of the cars alarm kept going off, but otherwise was no problem.
PGNarain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post

It is slightly expensive, but a lovely way to travel. I stay at Belapur, Navi Mumbai and I seriously doubt I will ever go again by road towards Alibaug/Naigaon and onwards by road and most definitely not before the current road expansion work is completed till Pen. For people in western suburbs, it is a no-brainer and ditto for the fancy South Mumbai folks who want to chill out at their Alibaug Bungalows. During my trip also, there was more than the average concentration of high end cars around. There is a small snack counter serving tea, coffee, cold drinks etc in the lounge.
How much was your actual harbour to harbour time (including entry, ticketing, exit etc). That would put a better perspective compared to traveling entirely by road.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 13:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
How much was your actual harbour to harbour time (including entry, ticketing, exit etc). That would put a better perspective compared to traveling entirely by road.
We left Belapur at 6.30AM, reached the jetty at around 0715, boarding was complete by around 0750 and we reached Mandwa, de-boarded and had exited the terminal by 0850-0900.

Last edited by PGNarain : 3rd September 2020 at 13:17.
PGNarain is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks