Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 12:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone taken the Ro-Ro ferry to Mandve post the level based (un)lockdowns? Mumbai district is level 3 allowing general movement over weekends till 5 PM but Mandve falls in Raigad district which is level 4 and not allowing general movement.
My cousin has been using it regularly from Mumbai. Last visit to Mandwa was last weekend, but I have no idea on documentation required.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:34   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
My cousin has been using it regularly from Mumbai. Last visit to Mandwa was last weekend, but I have no idea on documentation required.
Thanks. I remember there are police stations on the route between Mandve and Alibaug as well as inner areas (e.g. Gothegar), with unmanned roadblocks during normal days. Any possibility of getting details if they do checks now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not sure when you're planning to go but this weekend, Konkan coast (esp Raigad) and Mumbai are on red alert (heavy rains) so there's a possibility this service might be shut. Saw on the news yesterday that there's a total lockdown this weekend in the region anticipating heavy rains.
Interesting. Sunday was my plan - I see the Sunday afternoon ferry (already) completely booked. Will have to keep a lookout. Thanks for the headsup.
Old 10th June 2021, 14:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks. I remember there are police stations on the route between Mandve and Alibaug as well as inner areas (e.g. Gothegar), with unmanned roadblocks during normal days. Any possibility of getting details if they do checks now?
I asked my cousin about checks and documents required. His WhatsApp reply was 'nothing' and he goes to Milkhatkhar.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 15:55   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

The Roro ferry has been running daily through the lockdown last two months.
Since public transport was never fully shutdown in the second wave lockdown.

It was running once a day nearly everyday during the lockdown and is now running 3 times a day each way.

Best way to see their schedule is either their website or follow them on instagram: m2mferries

Last edited by Sahil : 10th June 2021 at 15:58.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:31   #65
Team-BHP Support

I got this interesting flyer from M2M ferries recently (I have used them a few times for short getaways to Alibaug).

Interesting marketing initiative by Skoda. Wasn't sure if I should post this in a Skoda Superb thread or the M2M one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-m2m-skoda-superb-lounge.jpg  

Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I got this interesting flyer from M2M ferries recently (I have used them a few times for short getaways to Alibaug).
A private bar? Surely they won't be serving alcohol to people who will get off the Ro-Ro and drive. I really hope that's just a marketing gimmick for serving Coca Cola for Rs 300.
Old 25th April 2023, 19:43   #67
BHPian

Travelled in Ro-Ro ferry while coming back from Alibau this sunday. Here are some points from my side..

• The Ro Ro ferry is good for people who don't want to drive long distances and is a novelty too.
  • It is not cheap, I was charged Rs. 1090 or so to take my Grand i10 Nios and each ticket cost me Rs. 520 or so (4 tickets). So more than 3K for the tickets and car and still I drove 42 Kms from Bhaucha Dhakka to Borivali west.
  • For people in Mumbai, I feel driving is still better option as it will cost less. Consider my Nios which doesn't give great average but let take 12 Kmpl and driving 250 Kms (both ways) would cost me (250/12)*107 petrol rate = Rs. 2300 appox. I am sure it will be less as I took very conservative mileage.
  • Reach early to get in line as if you don't, your car goes in bottom deck (mine did) and it is cramped inside. Especially if you have a smaller hatchback and are at the end, you will definitely be told to go down.
  • We took the cheapest Kushaq zone ticket but since we were last to board, it will full, as in fully full and even AC wasn't helping. We instead sat at the very front outside where there is shed and that was far better view than being inside.

Last edited by raksrules : 25th April 2023 at 19:44.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 09:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Travelled in Ro-Ro ferry while coming back from Alibau this sunday. Here are some points from my side
Did you book online or booked on the spot? I am planning to take the Ro Ro tomorrow from Mumbai to Alibaug.
Old 26th April 2023, 10:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Did you book online or booked on the spot? I am planning to take the Ro Ro tomorrow from Mumbai to Alibaug.
I booked it online. Based on time of day, prices for individual are different. Since it was Sunday return I didn't want to take chances about whether I will get ticket or not.
Old 23rd January 2024, 08:59   #70
Team-BHP Support

Took the ferry from Mumbai to Mandwa this past weekend, pretty impressed with the experience.

- Online booking is a breeze; they have a dropdown listing all the cars so you can choose and pay for your vehicle according to its class
- M2M has a separate, and very spacious dock at Bhaucha Dhakka
- As you reach, the guards will line all the cars up. We reached about 1.5 hours before our ferry so were the third car in queue
- At the first gate, they check your tickets and hand over tags. Then, there's baggage check: you remain in the car and just open the boot for the guard to scan the bags. Next, you line up before the loading bay
- Once the ferry is ready for you to board, a guard will punch your ticket and let the vehicles in
- Loading/unloading is FIFO and very diligently followed. The guards do a spectacular job of managing the queues; very organized and very neatly executed

- There are three lounges:
1) Kushaq: this is on the second level, and has one a/c lounge, and open seating all over the ship. There are several seats, some covered and some not. You can sit inside the lounge (which doesn't have windows looking right over the water), or be outside
2) Slavia: this is on the third level, and has open deck seating, but all seats are covered. There are couches all over the third level to sit on. You essentially have views of the ocean wherever you sit, just no a/c cabin. (But you can go to the Kushaq a/c lounge I guess)
3) Superb: this is an a/c lounge on the third level (between two ends of the Slavia deck), with no direct views of the water

- The ship runs like clockwork, no delays and right on time
- It is fairly neat and clean (didn't use the loo, so not sure about that)
- The restaurant has a fairly decent menu for the short journey, and they're reasonably quick with the service
- The ship can take 120 cars at a time

Overall, quite a fantastic service.

Among the first to board the empty vessel

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1879.jpeg

Once the ship sets sail

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1889.jpeg

The open seating of the Kushaq deck

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1896.jpeg

Corridors of the Slavia deck

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-5d9eed7e4b8b4df6a588038afca542ce.jpg

Mumbai shoreline

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1907.jpeg

Raigad district shoreline

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1919.jpeg

Lining up at Mandwa jetty

Mumbai-Mandwa (Alibaug) Ro-Ro ferry service to start in Feb 2020-img_1922.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd January 2024 at 09:28.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed