Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2020, 10:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Govt. announces BS6 emission norms for quadricycles

The government of India has announced BS6 emission norms for quadricycles (L1 category).

Govt. announces BS6 emission norms for quadricycles-rightrednewqute10182lr.jpg

The new emission norms are in line with the EU's World motorcycle test cycle (WMTC) cycle used to measure fuel consumption and emissions in motorcycles.

The L1 category of vehicles were introduced in 2018. These are 4-wheeled vehicles that are of the same size as a 3-wheeler. A quadricycle has to be within 3,000 mm in length, 1,500 mm in width and 2,500 mm in height. It can have a maximum speed of 70 km/h.

A quadricycle can be used for private and commercial purposes. Vehicles like the Bajaj Qute fall in this category.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Govt. announces BS6 emission norms for quadricycles

Wasn't the cutey banned for sale? IIRC it was too unsafe for our government who are used to 3 wheel contraptions that have been long done with in Italy..
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Re: Govt. announces BS6 emission norms for quadricycles

Good development I would say. On seeing those who carry a whole family on a motorcycle, I have cursed them. But I would also sympathize because many don't have a choice.

Considering Pandemic fear, increased ticket prices of public transport, such scenes of overloaded motorcycles are going to increase. There is a genuine need for an ultra low cost four wheeler at a small upgrade over commuter motorcycles.

Used car market may provide some solace, still I don't think a lot of people can afford the running costs of a car. We badly need a whole different segment that doesn't come under the stringent norms of a full fledged car, that is ultra low cost and as fuel efficient as a four stroke motorcycle. Wish some reliable players come up in this space.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks