Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 01:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Poor CK Anil. Hope he cools his heels in the lovely state. And promotes public transport via TATA buses there.
Is it the same CK Anil who was DM of Siwan till recently and the same guy who drove the notorious criminal cum politician Shahbuddin out of his own den? If it is then hats off to the guy for his courage & bravery I really admire such people.
Old 20th March 2007, 23:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guess what DTC[Delhi Transport Corporation] thinks otherwise,it has just awarded Tata the contract for supplying about 500 low floor, rear engined buses[complete fleet by 2010].

And tata beat ashok leyland and kinglong to bag the contract.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:09   #33
BHPian

I just saw another Tata Starbus stranded on the road in Pune. I guess Tata has a major problem with their buses. First they delayed the delivery and then this issue.
Best part is Tata's have managed to get CK Anil, who was creating problems for them shunted out as head of PMT(Pune Municipal Transport). Sad thing as he had turned around PMT and had the guts to take on corruption in PMT.
I am losing my respect for Tatas.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Actually even i had seen quite a few stranded starbuses when Best had introduced them in their fleet earlier, but now they all seem to running fine.

Drifter
Old 25th March 2007, 23:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

NO man. it was 1965-95. 713 was not made then
713 is not available for cilvilian use. My uncle tells me now, if we had vehicle which are available now, then we wud have earned 10 folds. then...

We used TATA 312, yeah the original mercedes benz. Which TATA copied and merc voided the contract back then.

312 were so reliable that we had to load the logs of single 312 to 1210SE...when it was bought forest to main road.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Best part is Tata's have managed to get CK Anil, who was creating problems for them shunted out as head of PMT(Pune Municipal Transport). Sad thing as he had turned around PMT and had the guts to take on corruption in PMT.
I am losing my respect for Tatas.
I am in Pune since last 10 years and forget about turning around whole PMT, I am yet to see any marginal fractional upward movement for PMT. It has been going all the way downhill all the time. The buses are still rusty without starters, break down on the roads, drivers still drive them as if Pune roads are owned by PMT and most importantly, you never get one when you need it most.

But if adding few low-floor buses is equivalent to turning around PMT, I have nothing to say.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
We used TATA 312, yeah the original mercedes benz. Which TATA copied and merc voided the contract back then.

312 were so reliable that we had to load the logs of single 312 to 1210SE...when it was bought forest to main road.
The design wasnt copied, tata had an agreement to use the Mercedes Design. The agreement would probably have continued but Tata wanted to export the truck to certain markets which Mercedes already sold the truck to and thus the agreement ended.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:12   #38
k36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
But if adding few low-floor buses is equivalent to turning around PMT, I have nothing to say.
A look at last few weeks newspapers gives the story that PMT is now, for the first time, making profits! Its not just an image makeover, its a financial turnaround. Hope that with the exit of CK Anil it doesn't go back to red.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The design wasnt copied, tata had an agreement to use the Mercedes Design. The agreement would probably have continued but Tata wanted to export the truck to certain markets which Mercedes already sold the truck to and thus the agreement ended.
The technical collaboration agreement between TELCO and Daimler Benz AG had a term of 15 years which came to an end in 1969. The agreement ended upon expiry of its term, it was never terminated prematurely.

One reason why the agreement wasn't renewed was that Tata had created its own R&D infrastructure by the time the agreement ended. In this respect, Tata was quite different from other Indian auto companies.

Incidentally, the financial collaboration between Tata Motors and Daimler Chrysler continues till date with the latter holding a small equity stake in the former even now.

Last edited by directinjection : 26th March 2007 at 17:09.
Old 26th March 2007, 17:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36 View Post
A look at last few weeks newspapers gives the story that PMT is now, for the first time, making profits!
I am surprised to say the least. Last time I read about it, it was about how PMC can bail PMT out of financial losses. Things must have changed in last few weeks then.
Old 27th March 2007, 00:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The technical collaboration agreement between TELCO and Daimler Benz AG had a term of 15 years which came to an end in 1969. The agreement ended upon expiry of its term, it was never terminated prematurely.

One reason why the agreement wasn't renewed was that Tata had created its own R&D infrastructure by the time the agreement ended. In this respect, Tata was quite different from other Indian auto companies.

Incidentally, the financial collaboration between Tata Motors and Daimler Chrysler continues till date with the latter holding a small equity stake in the former even now.
If i remembered rite. I thnk it was ended prematurely when they copied 312's 6 cylinder motor to make 1210D model. Ofcourse TATA wanted to export them after it copied them. Which it did to some african dictator who was a great fan of Hitler. ANd earned a lot in the process. Read the TATA's history its all over the net...and we were amogst the very first TATA's customer when Only plant was in Jamshedpur.
Old 29th March 2007, 23:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the latest addition to its fleet. The front end is similar to the new BEST buses (Ashok Leyland Viking) in Mumbai
Bus body is made by a coach builder from mumbai called anthony hence the similarity.
Old 31st March 2007, 12:06   #43
BHPian

Low floor buses are safer than other buses.They are easy for daily commuters because of climbing on and off easily. Buses here in Kerala are very rough handled and overspeeding. But these type of buses cant be rashly used and overspeeded.
Old 31st March 2007, 14:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it the same CK Anil who was DM of Siwan till recently..
Don't know for sure if he is the same person,but this person too worked in Bihar earlier and was transferred here/sought a transfer to Pune.

Also have found out that indeed he did manage to increase pmt earnings to 50 lakh per day while he was here[He has been with Pmt for only 3 months],but the day he left earnings have fallen to around 30 lakh per day.In india however honesty and good work does not seem to count.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 31st March 2007 at 14:51.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

. Am told that Leyland does not ahve its proprietary technology for CNG, imports it unlike Telco which has developed it in-house - which means Leyland has serious supply constraints in number of kits it can assemble (hearsay). .

I can confidently say that the technology for CNG Leyland was Developed Fully IN house and there are no Supply constrains... that was quite a bad hearsay..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks