Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 23:39   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pilot suspended for raising safety concerns against AirAsia

https://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...435470117.html

A public birthday party. A traffic hold up. A stampede. And now out on bail. When image and visibility become the real drivers rather than a by product then it is often seen that flickering stars indulge in stuff like this. He will retain his fans for a while - the one's who love reality TV of the 'what I do after brushing my teeth' type. Or wait. Maybe the arrest was a part of turning up the viewership.
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 23:58   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
A public birthday party. A traffic hold up. A stampede. And now out on bail. When image and visibility become the real drivers rather than a by product then it is often seen that flickering stars indulge in stuff like this.

Or wait. Maybe the arrest was a part of turning up the viewership.
His wife had posted an open invitation on social media that his followers could assemble at that spot. This was 'supposedly' a surprise for him. Just by seeing that I wondered how the couple could manage such a crowd. In the evening, she put out another post stating that the celebration was called off. But I think this has been done after all the chaos, and the original invitation post was deleted. Perhaps this is to fight against the charges pressed against Gaurav. But overall, I cant believe the sort of madness they have got into. When celebrities call for a public event like this, I am sure they would have agencies handling all the crowd and legalities, but in this case I believe they or at least the wife was too naive to end up in an adventurous birthday celebration that bombed.

And I cant even imagine how things would have been actually on the ground. Such an unwanted mess.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 00:06   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
His wife had posted an open invitation on social media that his followers could assemble at that spot. This was 'supposedly' a surprise for him.... but in this case I believe they or at least the wife was too naive to end up in an adventurous birthday celebration that bombed.
In my assessment that public invite post by his wife was an attempt to draw a large crowd. After investing years building an image on YT and counting eyeballs daily you know exactly what you are doing. A public invitation in Delhi NCR for free dinner++ is a no brainer on the kind of crowd of free loaders who'll turn up. Serves the Taneja's right. I was one of the thousands stuck in the traffic mess. Now I know the cause.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 08:57   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
His wife had posted an open invitation on social media that his followers could assemble at that spot; I cant even imagine how things would have been actually on the ground. Such an unwanted mess.
Absolutely unacceptable action on part of a supposedly responsible duo. Until now, I thought she was a reasonably mature person, but this one incident was unwarranted. I used to be a subscriber to their channel in 2020, but unsubsribed after I found that all they (he in particular) just wanted low level publicity. Very recently, the birthday of their first daughter was celebrated on board a train in the First AC coach. Fine to celebrate a B'Day on board, but was lighting a candle warranted or even allowed? Will the same couple do this on board an aircraft ?(assuming they could take the candles and ignitor past security)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
In my assessment that public invite post by his wife was an attempt to draw a large crowd. A public invitation in Delhi NCR for free dinner++ is a no brainer on the kind of crowd of free loaders who'll turn up. Maybe the arrest was a part of turning up the viewership.
I agree Sir. First, I wonder how they could get permission to reserve a metro coach. Surprising that one doesn't even look at what worst can go wrong when we're talking of a massive subscriber base. Their kids could have been harmed, there could have been a stampede. There was an almost similar situation when they'd organized mass screening for a recent movie too. And this time, I saw that the metro coach where balloons were all put up wore a sorry look after the event was called off - burst balloons all over the coach and it was one royal mess. There is a video on youtube on this failed event.The poor housekeeping staff would have had to work to clean this mess.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 09:51   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
First, I wonder how they could get permission to reserve a metro coach.
Anyone can go and book a metro coach in Noida for birthday celebrations. Press release below .

https://www.nmrcnoida.com/Media/PressRelease12022020
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed