Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 13:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hype launches luxury yacht rental in India

Luxury car rental company Hype has forayed into the luxury yacht rental business. Customers can now rent out private yachts for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.

Hype launches luxury yacht rental in India-fairlineluxuryyacht.jpg

Customers can choose from a variety of yachts depending on their requirements. The yachts can be rented for a minimum of 3 hours.

The service is currently available in Mumbai and Goa. A fleet of BayLiner 340, Ferretti 550, Island Spirit 401 or Grand Soliel 45 and more are available in Mumbai. In Goa, customers can select from Sea Ray 330, Azimut 39, Rinker 260, Catamaran and Boats Goa Free Spirit and Majesty 66.

The yachts can be booked through Hype's website, mobile application or the company's social media.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 18th December 2020 at 13:32.
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 06:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hype launches luxury yacht rental in India

For me, they don't inspire much confidence. More so when they are positioned in a "luxury" space.

Going through the FAQ on their site, the language is anything but professional. Forget grammar or sentence structure, they need to fix their upper and lower case use first.

They are not even consistent with their own name! Hype, HYPE, the Hype.. you'll find it all!

Sorry couldn't read beyond the self drive section.

Quote:
Any damages, internal or external will be first recovered from the customer's safety deposit and if it exceeds, customers will have to pay up additional amount. The decision to apply for Insurance in such matters lies with the provider and HYPE can't interfere in that matter.
Quote:
All Rides are Full Tank to Full Tank. Fuel at Actuals will be charged if not on return including a Rs.500 as an additional charge
Quote:
Causing damages will attract additional charges for downtime as the vehicle may become unusable for other customers and causing loss to the company
Quote:
We charge small fee each way for Pick up and Delivery of the Cars. Please let us know in advance if you wish to avail. otherwise you will have to do by yourself at our nearest Garage Location
Quote:
Car can’t be abandoned on the road or anywhere without duly informing the Hype and taking approval. This may result in impounding the Security deposit and further legal action for negligent behaviour
https://gohype.in/terms-conditions
Dry Ice is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I am a very keen yachtsman myself. So I am familiar with these yachts advertised here. In Europe they all have a so called CE rating. Essentially meaning these yachts comply to European specifications on design, production, safety as such.

Part of that rating entails how many people can be onboard. The number of people some of the advertised accommodate is way off. Sometimes about double what is allowed based on design criteria.

Mickey Mouse outfit, cant spell, don’t know boats, don’t know safety codes.

I noticed you can sign up to be informed when their luxury jet rental starts. Let’s see how many people they cram into their jets. Standing room only so we can party no doubt.

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 19th December 2020 at 13:30.
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 20:00   #4
BHPian

There's not a single luxury yacht in their fleet. Infact they don't even have any modern budget yachts, their fleet is made up of out of production/old entry level motorboats and sailing yachts.

The bayliner 340 is a cuddy cabin that went out of production in 2009. Ferretti 550 is a budget cabin cruiser. Not aware of Island Spirit 401 but it seems like an out of production boat. Soliel 45 is a very old budget sailing boat. Searay 330, azimut 39, rinker 290 are out of production cuddy cabins/ cabin cruisers.

This is like buying a lot of second hand out of production tata indicas and maruti esteems and calling yourself a luxury car rental company.
Astleviz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 22:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
There's not a single luxury yacht in their fleet. Infact they don't even have any modern budget yachts, their fleet is made up of out of production/old entry level motorboats and sailing yachts.

The bayliner 340 is a cuddy cabin that went out of production in 2009. Ferretti 550 is a budget cabin cruiser. Not aware of Island Spirit 401 but it seems like an out of production boat. Soliel 45 is a very old budget sailing boat. Searay 330, azimut 39, rinker 290 are out of production cuddy cabins/ cabin cruisers.

This is like buying a lot of second hand out of production tata indicas and maruti esteems and calling yourself a luxury car rental company.
Well, Just because they went out of production doesn’t mean they are not luxury. I would not mind a 10 year old Princess or Ferretti. Heck, I would not mind a 20 year old one, providing it was well maintained.

Most of these yachts come with what I would call a very good pedigree. As long as they are well maintained they are very nice boats with excellent if not outstanding level of workmanship. Sure, a brand new one will have some additional stuff.

I am in the market for a 42-55 foot fast motor yacht, and just like with cars, buying second hand makes a lot of sense. You might not get the latest, but depreciation on these boats is pretty hefty. Most don’t get used much, but they do need maintenance. But I have seen plenty of 10-15 year old yachts that are as good as the day they were launched.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 20:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Well, Just because they went out of production doesn’t mean they are not luxury. I would not mind a 10 year old Princess or Ferretti. Heck, I would not mind a 20 year old one, providing it was well maintained.

Most of these yachts come with what I would call a very good pedigree. As long as they are well maintained they are very nice boats with excellent if not outstanding level of workmanship. Sure, a brand new one will have some additional stuff.

I am in the market for a 42-55 foot fast motor yacht, and just like with cars, buying second hand makes a lot of sense. You might not get the latest, but depreciation on these boats is pretty hefty. Most don’t get used much, but they do need maintenance. But I have seen plenty of 10-15 year old yachts that are as good as the day they were launched.

Jeroen
None of these boats were luxury boats to start with, these were entry level budget boats. A toyota corolla has pedigree but it's not a luxury car. If you want to buy a 10 yr old fiesta that has been meticulously maintained, that's great but don't call that a luxury car.

No one is disputing the value in older boats, especially in western europe or usa where there is a proper boating industry and thousands of professionals to maintain these boats. In india, we don't have a single european or american brand with an authorised service centre. There is no concept of scheduled maintenance, when things break down, we fix it with what is available. Because we can't take our boats to an authorised riva, ferretti or azimut dealer, we go down to to the local technician who fixes locally made work boats for a living and expect him to find a solution.

BTW, Riva, Pershing & Mangusta are luxury brands, like bentley, aston or maserati. Sunseeker, Azimut, Ferretti & Princess are good value for money brands, like toyota, vw or honda. Bayliner, searay, beneteau, galeon are good entry level budget brands, like suzuki.
Astleviz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 21:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
None of these boats were luxury boats to start with, these were entry level budget boats.

BTW, Riva, Pershing & Mangusta are luxury brands, like bentley, aston or maserati. Sunseeker, Azimut, Ferretti & Princess are good value for money brands, like toyota, vw or honda. Bayliner, searay, beneteau, galeon are good entry level budget brands, like suzuki.
I think I might have a different way of classifying boats. But then again, personally I think the likes of Pershing, Mangusta, Sunseeker, Azimut, Ferretti & Princess are all, essentially, proverbial gin palaces, owned by people who want to show off, not to do some serious sailing.

For me the rating would be super/purpose build yachts, luxury yachts, budget.
You could also determine the classification based on level of decadence per feet on the waterline, price tends to be good indicator.

Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with showing off. Each to its own. Some people enjoy their yachts in the marina, or anchored in nice bay of some tropical beach.

But I am into serious all weather cruising, so a different kind of boat all together.
Went across the channel earlier this year in a Botnia Targa 46, force 7. Solo. Re positioning a boat of a mate of mine.

I did not see any of the above types out in the channel or on the Northsea. I did come across a Hardy Marine 65, couple of Nordhavn’s, a Grand Banks and a 30 year old Nelson battling the waves.

The show offs Gin brigade was not to be found.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 18:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, so I spoke to soon, way to soon!! There are also hyper Yachts!

Have a look and weep:

https://www.superyachttimes.com/yach...azzarini-xenos

The summon of bad taste and decadence extraordinair.

It is quite style crampingly small at less than 40m length and under 8m wide.

But you can make up for her size by installing quadruple engine set-up with 15,000 hp on tap. Pushing Xenos hup to a maximum speed of 90 knots. Which is mind boggling quick for a motor yacht.

Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks