Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Winger looks like it is capable of creating a different segment itself and also give omni a run for money. Doubt its ability to challenge the traveller territory.

Will Magic do some Magic?
Old 18th June 2007, 17:21   #17
BHPian

More maxi cabs helter sketer the roads?
Old 18th June 2007, 17:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Are you referring to the Voyager? The ones which are still used by DHL guys...they were nice. Just that the market wasn't mature enough then...
Yes, Voyager, I agree like the rovers 2000 was a bit ahead of time(for india) then.
Old 18th June 2007, 18:05   #19
BHPian

Man looks very Thailandish.. Well hope our India gets atleast to be like Thiland in another 10yrs.
Old 18th June 2007, 19:03   #20
BHPian

Hey Dadu

Sorry man, but there is still no news on the 2.2 L safari, my contact did promise me that he will try to find out about it but I guess he doesnt have anything concrete yet. will let u know as soon as I get the info.
Old 18th June 2007, 19:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

When the HM RTV failed (how much more rural can a vehicle get?), Tata sure must have done something differently (apart from cost) to envisage the Magic a success.

The Winger, well, to be honest, I really dont see a clear segment it'll be in. At its price range, the only vehicle it'll compete with is stablemate Sumo, and might well win there - looking to be more of a conventional people carrier. Call center drivers finally have someone launching vehicles for them. Perhaps also families looking at a functional vehicle above the Omni.
Old 18th June 2007, 19:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Winger looks similar to a Van launched by Mahindra few years back, I am forgetting the name now, but it didnt do well then.
Dadu, you are spot on. Its Voyager from Mitsubishi.

Btw, Force has a CRDi... check this out here :

...::: Welcome to the Area of Home Contacts section of Force Motors :::...
Old 18th June 2007, 19:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Hey Dadu

Sorry man, but there is still no news on the 2.2 L safari, my contact did promise me that he will try to find out about it but I guess he doesnt have anything concrete yet. will let u know as soon as I get the info.
no problems, thanks for your efforts.
Old 18th June 2007, 20:02   #24
BANNED

Ah. Tatas are giving us magic wings!!! Looks great.

I think the doubts about Ace's engine are a bit unwarranted - I have seen heavily over loaded aces racing along silently at 70 KMPH on highways. With 10 passengers (our commercial vehicles do tend to be over loaded), with each weighting 90, KG, that is a mere 900 KG the vehicles will be towing. That is comparable to what I have seen/suffered on three wheels on the Haridwar - Rishikesh route, some 7 or 8 years back.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
they can very well gear the engine (2.0 L , 90bhp) to take the load of 13 people. They arent aiming to make a racer here, even if the winger cruises at 90-95 , it will be good enough.
The 3.0L TATA engine used on the 407 can take tons of load, this being a 2.0L, if they tune and work on the ratios, can work very well on the winger. Using an engine already in production also helps to keep the costs low.
The first version sumo had a 68bhp non turbo 2.0L engine and even with 7-8 people, the sumo could hold 90 all day long. In the winger, a turbo version with 22 more horses will easily hold 95-100 all day long with 10-13 people on board.

Ofcourse it will no way be as fast as a qualis/innova, but remember, it priced 2-3 lacs less
Agreed, but the 3.0L Dicor engine doing its duties in the Safari would have been a much better bet than the generation old 2.0L engine.

On a more serious note, i do not expect the Winger to zip past an innova/qualis.. But it should be capable of riding the Ghats and up-hill hair-pin bends.. without losing too much steam.. During up-hill travel, I hope the cabbies don't make all the people alight the winger to push it up-hill :-)
Old 19th June 2007, 09:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Agreed, but the 3.0L Dicor engine doing its duties in the Safari would have been a much better bet than the generation old 2.0L engine.

On a more serious note, i do not expect the Winger to zip past an innova/qualis.. But it should be capable of riding the Ghats and up-hill hair-pin bends.. without losing too much steam.. During up-hill travel, I hope the cabbies don't make all the people alight the winger to push it up-hill :-)
yes no doubt a more powerful engine would be a welcome change, may be they can dfo it on a top of the line version!
i have seen many of these under test on the mumbai-pune highway, which has its own share of inclines, that means may be TATA have worked on it too.
A test drive by one of the t-bhpians should confirm it soon
Old 19th June 2007, 09:39   #27
BHPian

The Magic may take over the 'Share Auto' market in Chennai.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
More maxi cabs helter sketer the roads?
At least there will be some competition for the soap boxes that mahindra is selling. I like to see better people carriers in this segment instead of dirt carriers being converted to people carriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
The Magic may take over the 'Share Auto' market in Chennai.
Anything with wheels has the ability to sneak into the chennai share auto market. Just slap on some steel sheets & you got one.
Old 19th June 2007, 17:42   #29
BHPian

The magic looks pretty good... Hope it replaces all the autos in Bangalore..
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:08   #30
BHPian

thanks to my friend anupam, i got hold of these

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 2nd July 2007 at 11:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks