Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 12:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Blue Energy Motors launches India's first LNG-powered truck

Blue Energy Motors has launched what it said to be India’s first LNG-powered long-haul truck.

Blue Energy Motors launches India's first LNG-powered truck-blue-energy-motors.jpg

The Blue Energy Motors 5528 4x2 truck uses FPT Industrial multipoint stoichiometric combustion engine. The 6.7-litre, 6-cylinder engine develops 276 BHP @ 2,200 rpm and 1000 Nm @ 1,200-1,900 rpm. It is paired with a 9-speed transmission.

The truck comes equipped with a 1,000-litre LNG tank that is mounted behind the cab. It is said to offer a maximum range of 1,400 km in a single fill.

Blue Energy Motors LNG truck is manufactured at the company’s newly inaugurated plant in Chakan, Pune. It has an installed capacity of 10,000 trucks per annum.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th September 2022 at 12:12.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 18:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Blue Energy Motors launches India's first LNG-powered truck

A brand new truck from an unheard company - Blue Energy Motors and moreover it is "manufactured" in India? Of course I got suspicious. Let's check company's website. Ah, CEO is Anirudh Bhuwalka, the same person who was managing director of AMW Trucks which went bust sometime back.

Looks like Iveco is also involved in this venture and powertrain is imported from Italy for now.

Last edited by ADI7YAK : 14th September 2022 at 19:02. Reason: Removed link.
ADI7YAK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 18:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
A brand new truck from an unheard company - Blue Energy Motors and moreover it is "manufactured" in India? Of course I got suspicious. Let's check company's website. Ah, CEO is Anirudh Bhuwalka, the same person who was managing director of AMW Trucks which went bust sometime back.
Not only the CEO, the rest of the leadership is as well former AMW leadership. I wonder who is financing them this time?

As I remember banks lost ~1800 crores lending to this company. There was a news about this NPA resolution with over 95% haircut by selling it to an unknown company called as Triton EV registered in the US but also led by a Desi. Triton's credentials seem to be questionable as all they have on their website is some renderings.

Last edited by Theyota : 19th September 2022 at 18:34.
Theyota is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
Not only the CEO, the rest of the leadership is as well former AMW leadership. I wonder who is financing them this time?

As I remember banks lost ~1800 crores lending to this company. There was a news about this NPA resolution with over 95% haircut by selling it to an unknown company called as Triton EV registered in the US but also led by a Desi. Triton's credentials seem to be questionable as all they have on their website is some renderings.
I wonder if there is any sound business model behind all these deals?
Or the only business model is to pocket billions by hook and crook!
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Energy Motors launches India's first LNG-powered truck-screenshot_20220919214031_chrome.jpg  

neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks