Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 00:26   #2041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Are you sure KaSRTC still operates them? AFAIK, the service was stopped atleast a year back - I mean the service existed only for a couple of days, after which it was shifted to the Bangalore-Chennai route, and finally withdrawn. (The bus was on trial with KSRTC - no idea if they are planning to purchase it).

In addition to Nakoda, an operator "Padikkal" from Kerala also operates Isuzu buses.

The Chennai one disappeared quickly But now its back. My friend saw it a few days back. I think KSRTC has taken it for full time.

I got a pic of it in Team BHP itself

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ore-bus-4.html

Last edited by kadri007 : 21st December 2009 at 00:30.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:36   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The Tata MarcoPolos are quite pleasing to look at.But too much Volvo influence.And crude rear sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the swanky side profile.Any pics of the front?
You can visit the following URL, for more detailed pics of the Marcopolo, courtesy raghu@autopedia.in.

AUTOPEDIA -

By the way, saw a new Marcopolo marked with route no.60A, this morning. Hope BMTC has really got this schedule going, and i'll get a chance to travel on it some day[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Old 21st December 2009, 14:59   #2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Should that matter to us? If Tata decided to sleep for decades without much improvement in technology/passenger comfort and suddenly wake up with Volvo's entry then that's their mistake. Let them pay the price for missing the opportunity.

I completely agree with you, TATA’s being market leader; should have driven market with technology. They are not even ready to provide certain mandatory features like multiplexing for JNNURM buses. May be this could be one reason for some DTC’s buses catching fire?
Old 21st December 2009, 16:29   #2044
BHPian

Condor : This is what I saw;

pic from the Force Motors website
Attached Images

Old 21st December 2009, 16:57   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
The Chennai one disappeared quickly But now its back. My friend saw it a few days back. I think KSRTC has taken it for full time.

I got a pic of it in Team BHP itself

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ore-bus-4.html
Thanks for the update

From the pics it appears that the bus is yet again on trial with KSRTC. A KSRTC bus would never have an AP registration, and its own buses would always be "KA-nn-F-xxxx".

The last time, the trial was prematurely withdrawn - the bus was taken back by Isuzu for display at an exhibition in Mumbai. Perhaps, KSRTC is now resuming the trial.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:34   #2046
BANNED

Ad for an F1 racer err... Merc. Benz Actros truck.

Edit:-

1. Watch what happens to the front bumper clearence when the truck brakes. None of the Trucks in India have that kind of suspension.

2. The "front mirror" concept is very attractive.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 21st December 2009 at 17:36.
Old 21st December 2009, 21:50   #2047

found these parked close to ACGL goa.could not click more snaps as was in hurry
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc03179.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 23:21   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjugun View Post
found these parked close to ACGL goa.could not click more snaps as was in hurry

I think those are the ACGL buses for Kolkata.
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:01   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Never spotted Marcopolo on Bangalore road, how many of them are here? and which route?
Quote:
I saw three till now. But only one with a route.

I saw near TV tower with hardly 3/5 passengers. The bus goes from Ganganagar to Electronic city and further.
Spotted Marcopolo on Ring road in between PES college and Janata Bazaar in the morning and same in the evening. Bus no. was 501.
Interiors looked pretty better than last time and better than volvo also.
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:22   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i don't think so. the kolkata buses has a white/blue combo but looks different. also the yellow badge at the rear is not present too in the buses.

have a look here- India Transportation: MRTS/Trams/Buses II - Page 147 - SkyscraperCity
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:38   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
These are the buses destined to go to APSRTC. Saw a lot of these running near Vizag.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:13   #2052
BHPian

Tata Motors to launch hybrid city buses

Tata Motors is now working on hybrid city buses aimed at providing eco-friendly transportation solutions for Indian cities.
"The work is going on for hybrid city bus ... We think this will be a better solution," Tata Motors managing director (India Operations) Prakash M Telang said.
He, however, declined to comment about the stage of the development work and when the company will launch the product. "We are trying our best and we will come out with the product as soon as possible."
According to sources, Tata Motors is working on a series of hybrid buses based on LCV and high capacity bus platforms.
"The city buses that Tata Motors is developing are aimed at urban mass transportation system and will conform to Bharat Stage IV emission norms," a source said.
The buses may come with either diesel or CNG as the alternate fuel mode, sources added.
The firm is working with a Norwegian firm for launching the electric Indica in the UK, Norway and Denmark by 2011 that will mark the global launch of the car. It is also likely to be launched in the domestic around the same time.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:10   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Go green !!!

Wow , hybrid buses

less noise , less pollution
Old 23rd December 2009, 05:07   #2054
Senior - BHPian

For a long long time, the only Bus chassis that you could buy was either the 210" or 222" in ASHOK LEYLAND and the 5200 and 5900 on TATA chassis.

Look at the choice now! You can actually get a customised chassis out of either manufacturer. 12M bus in low floor, semi-low floor, front overhang, the works, the Bus industry has really come of age.

Still remember those days when the TATA and LEYLAND chassis needed a slave engine to drive the AC, now, the AC can be run off the engine!
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:57   #2055
Senior - BHPian

those pix look good, i kind of like these new Non a/c cng buses in mumbai, their body is quite big and wide which gives an imposing stance and the revisited old styled rear light treatment reminds me of the 80s MMK 22xx series buses which Bandra Depot had at that time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks