Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 07:43   #2146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I think the difference is due to shorter rear overhang.

Additionally, most of KeSRTC buses are 210 inch wheelbase (Cheetahs). The buses in question do seem to be of still shorter wheelbase, (the AL site does list 2 wheel base options for Cheetahs), but definitely, they are not on truck chassis...

The AL website does not have detailed informations on various models.

AL "Viking" chassis is avaliable in the following wheelbases - 154", 193", 210", 222". Similarly "Cheetah" chassis is avaliable in 203", 210", 176", and 231" wheelbases. The 12M chassis is 244"WB.
Also these chassis have various options of Engine, Gearbox, Rearaxle, tyre etc.

AFAIK, the present lot of new KeSRTC AL buses have both the short wheelbase Cheetah chassis as odinary bus and some short WB Vikings (not 222") in Trivandrum city for city operations. Earlier they had procured Viking Short WB(193") also, which are white colour "Odinary Buses" espically seen Mavelikara/Chenganuur regions.
Old 9th January 2010, 08:55   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Do you mean this kind of buses? (Just for my information).
I think (I am not sure though) there is a noticeable difference in ground clearance between truck chassis bases buses and normal ones. Thats why some of the old KeSRTC buses appeared to be designed for Pole Vault champions!
Old 9th January 2010, 23:16   #2148
BHPian

Guys..wish to share this pic of bus which certainly seems to be one of the oldest Ashok Leyland bus to be running in Thrissur. Owned by Govt. Engineering College, this one is an Old VIking. Sorry for the poor quality pic. This bus had another company some 5 years ago and it was a original Tata Benz 1210!! until the last year the bus was there in the college campus but now it seems disappearing...
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-image201.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 08:59   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Hey Santhosh,

Thanks for the pictures from the EXPO. It gives one the feeling of actually being there
Old 11th January 2010, 10:00   #2150
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Hey Santhosh,

Thanks for the pictures from the EXPO. It gives one the feeling of actually being there

no worries mate i apologize for the poor quality as it was from my black berry have few brochures from leyland will scan and upload sooon

Old 11th January 2010, 12:29   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Tata has made a comeback in MTC Chennai. Yesterday I saw a Tata - Marcopolo bus SLF bus under the JNURM scheme plying on the C70 route, will try to capture a pic one of these days.
Old 13th January 2010, 07:23   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen

Due to the extreme popularity of this thread, it has grown leaps and bounds. Various topics are being discussed and that makes its difficult to search, read and categorise.

In order to improve readability and discussion, we have created 6 new dedicated for various unique subsets of commercial vehicles. Links below:

Indian Bus Scene

The Heavy Truck Thread

The Light & Micro commercial vehicle thread

Intercity buses operated by various operators

City buses operatoed by various STUs

Intercity bus travel reviews

For the sake of continuity, some of the latest posts have been moved to these thread. Please continue your discussions in the following threads. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

You can use the thread subscribe feature to keep track of these threads. More here
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ

Last edited by Mpower : 13th January 2010 at 18:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks