Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 01:51   #646
Senior - BHPian

The big daddy....MACK..!

Okay. I really don't know how many petrolheads out here love big semis. I for one, love to see those big rigs blasting down the highway. Sheer engineering marvels. Although I probably couldn't tell the difference between a MAN and a Volvo or a Freightliner visually (unless I go into the engine specs) , I love the sight of the odd Jumbo chugging along...

Anyways. Back to the sighting. Just happened to spot a left hand drive MACK heading towards Guj yesterday, on temporary regn. God knows for what, but it definitely wasn't a test model. Because I saw five of them rolling by, forming a road train, carrying some seriously heavy cargo....

P.S - I really am not sure if this topic deserves to be in this section, although this big fella is technically an import....OH, and lest I forget. The puny "car" to the right of the big rig in the second pic...is an Endeavour...!!
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-19102008005.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-19102008003.jpg  

veyron1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2008, 04:11   #647
BHPian

thats one BIG thing on Indian roads. Ashok Leyand in 1st photo looks kind of small in front of the Mighty MacK
Old 21st October 2008, 04:26   #648
BHPian

Awesome spotting.I love Semis.Didnt know there were any in India.Wait a second How the hell do they drive on Indian roads?!!

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 21st October 2008 at 04:27.
Old 21st October 2008, 07:59   #649
Senior - BHPian

Price request

Does someone know the price of an Ashok Leyland Viking 210" chassis? With HINO engine?

The information is not available on the web and when you walk into showrooms, they don't respect you if you are not chewing paan and have a pot belly.
Old 21st October 2008, 09:12   #650
Team-BHP Support

Good spotting Veyron, it must be owned by ONGC. Did you see this Peterbilt spotted by SirAlec? --
Old 21st October 2008, 11:23   #651
BHPian

! That thing is humongous !

PS : In the first pic, the rickshawala is in for shock of his life, if the MAC decides to hoot that air horn. I guess that horn itself would blow away the rick.
Old 21st October 2008, 12:29   #652
Senior - BHPian

Nice spotting Veyron 1. The Mack is humungous and it makes everything look like Midgets. I was informed that it was heading to the Ambani Factory. I dont know how true this is as the person saw it in the area of the factory and not getting into it.
Old 21st October 2008, 13:35   #653
Senior - BHPian

This should be one of the ONGC's fleet...they can spotted around ahmedabad(specially near chandkheda)...
Old 21st October 2008, 15:14   #654
Senior - BHPian

you spotted five of these!!

i cant think of a more eye catching sight than that in india

Last edited by AMATMO : 21st October 2008 at 15:15.
Old 21st October 2008, 15:36   #655
Senior - BHPian

well i meant to say was ONGC is having peterbilts and mack trucks....it should be one of them...In a single day i spotted around 3 peterbilts and 1 Mack(had a glimpse of it..had similar type of equipment).....
Old 21st October 2008, 16:03   #656
Senior - BHPian

As good as Mack and Peterbuilt are, and they are good, Kenworth is considered to be even better. The really heavy hauling in North America is done by Kenworth.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-kenworth-1.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-kenworth-2.jpg  

Old 21st October 2008, 16:03   #657
BHPian

woohoo that is massive . how much can these giants carry?
Old 21st October 2008, 19:43   #658
BHPian

hey fellas... i saw these near kings circle on the 4 roads late in the night.. i guess they must have just cleared customs that time.

they were 9 of them precisely.. all of them moving in a road train fashion..

i still remember a truck tried to cut in their path and the MACK honked.. man it was loud..

the trucks were very silent and had the same cargo on all of them.. it looked like some fire fighting equipment to me..
Old 22nd October 2008, 02:16   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
woohoo that is massive . how much can these giants carry?
They can easily carry loads surpassing the legal load limits set by governments. I saw one configuration, highly modified, that hauled 300,000lbs but this is rare. Loads of 80,000 to 100,000lbs are common. Kenworth does not make its own engines. They use several manufactures including Caterpillar. One engine they use is 15 liters. They really are works of art to look at, too.
Old 22nd October 2008, 02:30   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Okay. I really don't know how many petrolheads out here love big semis. I for one, love to see those big rigs blasting down the highway. Sheer engineering marvels. Although I probably couldn't tell the difference between a MAN and a Volvo or a Freightliner visually (unless I go into the engine specs) , I love the sight of the odd Jumbo chugging along...

Anyways. Back to the sighting. Just happened to spot a left hand drive MACK heading towards Guj yesterday, on temporary regn. God knows for what, but it definitely wasn't a test model. Because I saw five of them rolling by, forming a road train, carrying some seriously heavy cargo....

P.S - I really am not sure if this topic deserves to be in this section, although this big fella is technically an import....OH, and lest I forget. The puny "car" to the right of the big rig in the second pic...is an Endeavour...!!
Guys this is a Nitrogen pumping Unit from Halliburton Energy Services: world's third largest oil field servicing company for which i am currently working in Saudi Arabia.
This truck and the unit attached to it is imported from Houston for Relaince offshore projects.

Let me visit the branch office in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
They can easily carry loads surpassing the legal load limits set by governments. I saw one configuration, highly modified, that hauled 300,000lbs but this is rare. Loads of 80,000 to 100,000lbs are common. Kenworth does not make its own engines. They use several manufactures including Caterpillar. One engine they use is 15 liters. They really are works of art to look at, too.
You are right bro, Mack carries a Caterpiller Engine.
Have seen them in person and see them every day.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed