Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 02:48   #76
BHPian

Re: Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy

Have they introduced “traveler pay after they land” policy? If not, not sure who would buy their tickets! My one canceled flight money is still ceased by GO AIR until not sure when - which clearly shows their selfish attitude. That said, a message to go air - please refund my tickets sir engine soberness!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2023 at 09:38. Reason: Grammar.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:34   #77
BHPian

I had been to the company to interview for the position of MIS. Altough I could not crack the given problem then & there (They wanted an attendance schedule built in Excel), I requested the interviewer if she was ok to mail me the file & I can work it out from my home.

She asked "How will we know you did it?"

I confidently replied "You can ask me any question related to the file, I'll happily break it down for you"

She agreed, completed the file, sent it via mail, explained the workings.

Got an offer from them on mail, asked the interviewer what is the backend system used in the company. she laughed and replied "Koi backend system nahi hai" (There's no backend system), which raised suspicion in my mind as the current company also didn't have any proper system and it was something which was the main reason to move away.

Followed up for a proper offer letter, which was "Will be shared shortly", sadly the short time never passed & I never got the proper offer.

This was the only flash that came to my mind when I saw the headline that Go-Air has shut shop.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 21:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have been following go first twitter and like you, there are numerous people asking for refunds. Please do update on what happens with yours as I too booked through goibibo and although my flight is on 5th June, I don't expect it to fly and will be cancelled.
Today received an email from goibibo stating my refund shall be processed by this month end. Fingers crossed 🤞
Though it isn't refunding convenience fee 690 charged at the time of booking the flight.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 09:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Today received an email from goibibo stating my refund shall be processed by this month end. Fingers crossed 🤞
Though it isn't refunding convenience fee 690 charged at the time of booking the flight.
I booked through Goibibo and I initiated refund on their website and now they are awaiting go first to refund to them so they can refund to me. This will now take time so have to wait.
Old 6th July 2023, 17:59   #80
BANNED

Singapore International Arbitration Centre has directed P&W to supply 5 engines every month to to GoFirst. How true is this, cannot find the same news from any authentic channel?

Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy-gofirst.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 19:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Spotted multiple Go Air aircrafts parked at KIA , few of them with their engines removed. From what I heard, they have been spotted parked since last December.
Attached Thumbnails
Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy-img_3589.jpeg  

Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy-img_3588.jpeg  

Last edited by tharian : 6th July 2023 at 19:10.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 16:31   #82
BANNED

Go First's resumption plan was accepted and approved by DGCA, subject to some conditions.

Source
Old 21st July 2023, 22:03   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Suppose GoAir does start it's service, how many people would actually opt for it considering it's track record of cancellations? I've flown GoAir on maybe 2-3 occassions, and my experience was nothing to write about.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:01   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Go First flies Airbus A320 neo aircraft from Mumbai as it readies to resume operations.

Link
Old 29th July 2023, 17:28   #85
Senior - BHPian

Very fascinating story. Can't help but feel sad for their owners and employees
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 15:58   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

More problems for GoFirst airlines!

Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy-f26ztouaiaayatk.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 19:29   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:
Quote:
500 of the total 600 pilots of have quit Go First to join other airlines. Go First hasn't paid salaries to employees since May. Many pilots, cabin crew, aircraft maintenance engineers have quit Go First since its grounding
Go First Airlines files for bankruptcy-f4dqlbpbmaapjve.jpg
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:01   #88
BHPian

Like I said earlier, the end is inevitable and i will be surprised if it ever flies again. Air Akasha had shown it's better to start a new airline than to try and revive an ailing one unless it has some unique advantages.
SedateGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:07   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Go First and Jet Airways lose the airlines code issued by IATA due to being non-operational. G8 and 9W are defunct now.

Link

Quote:
The designator and numeric codes remain blocked for 12 months, during which the airline can ask for the reinstatement of the designator if the requirements are met. Go First did not responded to queries at the time of going print but a Jalan-Kalrock spokesperson said, “The 9W code is held by Jet Airways and is currently under preservation with IATA as it is to be used only for commercial operations. It will be de-preserved upon recommencement of operations.”
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:32   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

DAE, the lessor for Go First airlines has inspected their aircrafts in July and August and found them to be in worse shape than earlier.

Link

Quote:
The lessor alleges that "the surface of the top fuselage was completely dirty and had a greenish deposit on it.

Corrosion was observed in various places on the aircraft, including the brakes. The blankings/protective covers were apparently removed before the lessor's inspectors arrived as engine runs were being carried out.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks