Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2004, 01:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey aadix,
that was a gr8 review. must honour u for reviewing a truck cos' its very rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] it needed a well desevered set of new clothes (ie a new body and some new spares.)
talking about overhauling a DCM toyota, i've had a bitter experience. my dad bought a dcm when i was in the 3rd standard.(i'm 20 yrs old now). we owned it for 7-8 yrs before selling it.

the company was closed after a few years and trying to get a single spare of a dcm is like searching for needle in haystack. u have to climb up and down every shop in town. those which had the spares would demand a small fortune for the same.
we just got so damn frustrated that we sold it for this only reason and took an oath not to never ever invest in an indo-jap vehicle.

we're now happy with 4 tata 407s and 1 ashok leyland cargo 709.

PS: a year back i saw the dcm working for the municipality for carrying garbage. talk about japanese technology being used for garbage clearance.
Old 12th October 2004, 00:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ Sep. 25 2004,17:23)]I've never seen a bus or truck driver actually using clutch for upshifts above 2nd gear!!
Was in delhi last month and had no option but to travel from Ashoka Hotel to Saket in a Blueline bus. *The driver was only using the clutch to keep the engine running at rest. *During shifting up or down he would just release the aceelerator.
Old 12th October 2004, 00:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Oh, one thing i want to add. The public buses here in France have auto gearboxes. But the private coaches generally have manual ones. Well, the Renault luxury coaches have a 5 speed gearbox. But i've seen some with an 8 speed gearbox. Wonder what that is all about!!!
Old 8th July 2009, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Do you have the specifications of the engine in the DCM Toyota? There is a possibility of getting a 1973 Landcruiser here which has been fitted with the DCM Toyota engine. But I have no info on the engine.. any light, anyone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks