Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 12:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

cant wait to see it on our roads
BTW the brake light on the bay door looks good and shows tata has really workedhard on this one

Last edited by AMATMO : 27th October 2007 at 12:52.
Old 27th October 2007, 15:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

How many of U noticed the Logan-ish tail lamps??
Old 27th October 2007, 16:21   #63
BHPian

does come with alloy wheels... this also seems a good move..
Old 27th October 2007, 16:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

Looks like most T-BHPians loved this one, but it looks plain ugly and disproportionate to me. The rear appears like an afterthought and stuck up like tractor trolley.

The front is relatively better but the grill sucks again. Fit and finish (at least in picture) doesn't seem to be great either.

If I am in market, I would stay away from it till Tata releases its v2 or v3 (they normally look and behave far better than v1).
Old 27th October 2007, 17:37   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

MM, thanks for these pics with much more details. Tushky had got some initial pics of camouflaged test trucks, but these are what we have been waiting for .. and looking at the pics, the truck is one of those that we can wait for.
Old 27th October 2007, 17:51   #66
BHPian

this is going to be a good battle, TATA XENON vs M&M SCORPIO GETAWAY
Old 27th October 2007, 17:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader View Post
this is going to be a good battle, TATA XENON vs M&M SCORPIO GETAWAY
I wonder if this will ever get sold in India. There is almost NO lifestyle pickup market here. There cars are meant for markets like Thailand, South Africa and of course to be badged as Fiat in Latin America.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:02   #68
BHPian

Agree with Steeroid. I mean I don't think the Getaway has set the sales chart of fire. This class is too small unless they launch more for the sake of presence than sales.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
does come with alloy wheels... this also seems a good move..
I do not think that the pictures we see are the Indian specifications yet. These (I think) are export variants...
Old 27th October 2007, 19:35   #70
BHPian

^^ But maybe thaths why they will replace TL with this, as soon as the existing stocks run dry. Since keeping a dedicated production line for a very low volume Truck is stupidity.
And yes this is very wish full thinking.

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 27th October 2007 at 19:37.
Old 27th October 2007, 20:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I wonder if this will ever get sold in India..... of course to be badged as Fiat in Latin America.
Going by the un"TATA" like fit and finish, I wonder if this pickup is one of the first ones to get the benefit of the TATA-FIAT JV and maybe as rightly pointed by Steeroid, might be for other markets
Old 27th October 2007, 20:14   #72
BHPian

Guys,

What do you think... Are Tatas going to position this vehicle as lifestyle vehicle or someone meant to do mundate duly of hauling cargo like samsung refrigerator or mineral water cans? With the fit and finish like it, it looks more like life style stuff..

Yes, Truck as lifestyle vehicle is still a very niche segment in India and also it's in it's infancy. But think this way. May be Tata would have thought of carving out ( or widening out if you consider that MM Getaway has made any inroads) this segment thinking that by brining in a compelling choice, an early movers advange may pay off well..
Old 29th October 2007, 08:39   #73
BHPian

This vehicle was designed primarily for the Thai market. The average pickup in Thailand is miles ahead the best we have seen in India. For example one of the average contenders is the Ford Ranger which is the pickup variant of the Endeavour.

With full credit to Tata (let us not deny Tata the credit by involving Fiat in any positive step) we will have to wait and see whether the Xenon is enough to cut its way in Thailand. If it manages to do that I will personally consider it as big an achievement as the Indica.
Old 29th October 2007, 09:41   #74
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I wonder if this will ever get sold in India. There is almost NO lifestyle pickup market here. There cars are meant for markets like Thailand, South Africa and of course to be badged as Fiat in Latin America.
The Pickup will be launched @ the Auto Expo 08. Pricing would be about 30 - 40 K Less than the Safari.

Last edited by SUV : 29th October 2007 at 09:43.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
The Pickup will be launched @ the Auto Expo 08. Pricing would be about 30 - 40 K Less than the Safari.
This is indeed a good news. Hope that they price is competively and not spoil an emerging market for such niche products.

TATA you have got me hooked!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks