Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2007, 22:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

There's only one word to describe this obsolete breadbox on wheels from TATA.UGLY!.
Old 25th November 2007, 22:34   #17
BHPian

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
There's only one word to describe this obsolete breadbox on wheels from TATA.UGLY!.
Not Exactly atleast not the Luxury One.
Old 25th November 2007, 23:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite
Did it look brilliant when Renault sold them?
Old 26th November 2007, 09:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite
..obsolete breadbox on wheels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous
Did it look brilliant when Renault sold them
It would have looked fresh & good when it was first launched. Today we call it dated, which is natural. Not every set of wheels is a Beemer or a RR.

IMO, this vehicle was not designed or intended for the catwalk. It's meant to be a people mover. Space & reliability would take precedence over looks. A tried & tested engine under the hood, lot of stuff that's currently in use in other models & dies that are not fresh will mean very low development costs for what should turn out to be a people mover without the niggles that one can expect with a new vehicle that has been designed ground up.

I feel this one will be able to take on the Tavera's & the Innova's in the people mover segment. I myself am looking at this now for official purposes - the luxury model will only cost as much as a low end Innova or a Tavera.

Anyone who has had a look at this, pls do put across your observations. I too will, as soon as I have had a look.

Last edited by condor : 26th November 2007 at 09:26.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I feel this one will be able to take on the Tavera's & the Innova's in the people mover segment. I myself am looking at this now for official purposes - the luxury model will only cost as much as a low end Innova or a Tavera.

Anyone who has had a look at this, pls do put across your observations. I too will, as soon as I have had a look.

Parvath - this thing is bigger than Innovas or Taveras. We came across hordes of these Wingers during our trip to Sabarimala last week - it seems to have become a big hit with the pilgrims, or at least with the tour operators that the pilgrims use.

I doubt if you can use it like an Innova or a Tavera. This is more in the Tempo Traveller market, without being as big as that vehicle.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

low end model of the tavera is around 7 lakhs OTR and for the innova its around 9 lakhs OTR.

So how much would be the luxury variant of the winger would cost?

We are currently looking at the tavera with PS ans AC, which is comming to around 8lakhs OTR. Shall we consider the winger also. Remind you that the vehicle will be carrying 4 people - a driver, myself in the passenger seat in the front, my parents in the middle row. The front and middle row comfort should by high. Oh!, btw, I am 6'2'' tall and my dad is 5'10'' tall. Our main usage will be to go to farm-house(over 100km on highway) in the week-ends. Will be ferrying labour in the rear seats once in a month. Also will be carrying lots of fruits and few vegetables in the rear. Please comment.

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 9th December 2007, 10:25   #22
BHPian

I saw something queer in the PDF Brochure.

The Turning Radius of the Luxury Edition is more than the Basic Version.

How is that possible ?

btw I saw a few Wingers on the move. The Vehicle is very strong and can carry many people.
Old 9th December 2007, 10:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kkr2k2 : Our main usage will be to go to farm-house in the week-ends. Will be ferrying labour in the rear seats once in a month. Also will be carrying lots of fruits and few vegetables in the rear. Please comment.
There's a better option than the Tavera if you can find it - the Tavera Crew-cab pick-up. Had a quick look at one as it passed by, and it is longer than the regular Tavera. This, or the M&M Getaway.

The problem with using the Winger for cargo is limitation of space. The cargo will have to be limited to inside the body. And trust me, no matter how much care you take when you load and un-load stuff, the interiors are bound to get dirty. Some of these stains will not go. It will be a pain to maintain the interiors as clean as you want it to be.

Or, a better option : De-couple your personal transport from the needs for your farm-house. Use your regular vehicles for your own transport. And get yourself a 207 DI, or a Bolero Pick-up, even if they are used. That will take care of all your cargo handling, and can also be used to ferry labourers. Get some foldable bench seats in the back, which the labourers can use to sit on, for that 2 hour ride.

This option may look like you'll spend more and have an extra vehicle, but in the long run, it is your best bet.
Old 9th December 2007, 10:57   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
supercars : The Turning Radius of the Luxury Edition is more than the Basic Version.
There are two versions - a LWB & one with a shorter WB. The basic version is built on the shorter WB version. Hence the difference in the turning radius

Luxury version : 4920 mm overall length, 3200 mm WB. Turning radius: 6.40m
Basic versions : 4520 mm overall length, 2800 mm WB. Turning radius: 5.65m

This should explain the difference.
Old 9th December 2007, 19:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

alright now that there is so much of talk about winger, I shall substantiate what the author noticed, I see this everyday! pretty huge must say but just the same vanilla vehicle all over and over again.

Old 9th December 2007, 21:41   #26
BANNED

Quote:
I am on the look-out for a vehicle that can move a mix of people and cargo. Current options are the Tavera & the Winger. Have an eye on the Luxury version of the
The Mahindra Maxx has a 4 door option.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:58   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, but the Maxx isn't suited for official use, is it? I can go upto the mid-range versions of the Innova. But waiting to check out the other models before deciding.
Old 10th December 2007, 18:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Click here for Winger test drive report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...est-drive.html
Old 16th December 2007, 13:40   #29
BHPian

Thanks Condor for explaining the difference in Turning Radius.

It is like Normal S Class or Long Wheelbase Version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks