Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 07:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

winger

I drove the Standard version of the Winger from one of my clients. It was good to drive. But the driver told me there are some initial tiny probs. But anyways , the winger was stable even at 100kmph, I am thinking of buying a force traveller as a Public transport vehicle (Travels). But seems Winger might be a better alternative than Traveller
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics of the interior

Had a ride in the standard version. The interiors are built to a cost, which is understandable considering the target market for this particular version. Some pics.

Bench seat of row 1, Driver's seat & Hand-brake

And the dashboard / console :

The design of the console & dashboard looks a little simple. There's a glove box in the center, just above where you see the wires hanging below the dash in the pic on the left. No glove-box in the traditional position on the left half of the dashboard.

Note the shock-absorber position. Also, the rear shocks and the last row are in line with each other, so there is no loss of interior space because of the rear shock absorbers / rear wheels.

Pics were taken in a moving vehicle, so are a little shaky.

The standard version, with the 68bhp NA Sumo engine, was a little noisy (engine noise filtering into cabin). But vehicle looks to be built well. Not so much body-roll (when checked while going around round-abouts).

Last edited by condor : 23rd January 2008 at 08:29.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2008, 06:01   #33
BANNED

I thought trains were bigger. Ain't it big enough?
Old 9th March 2008, 10:37   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Must be some guy - buying huge vehicles to spend a holiday while lesser mortals like us think of buying train tickets!
Buddy, this is the automotive forum, not the locomotive forum!!!
Old 9th March 2008, 11:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Winger is sure to be a winner,a suitable substitute for a tempo traveller.Its smaller and lower but has loads of space,many BPO's are using them for the people moving purpose.
ram
Old 9th March 2008, 11:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Winger is built for BPO and passenger service, in Bangalore it is almost all the BPO's are using Winger for safe transportation of the employees.

This can accomodate more people in a single vehicle it is somewhat secured for the passengers as there will be around 16 in a single vehicle compared to 7 in a Sumo or Qualis and main reason Paisa Bachav for the company

Last edited by gowda79 : 9th March 2008 at 11:56.
Old 9th March 2008, 20:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

murugan if you dint know we have baptized him as Wildzak ..

And Zak has this been bought and pimped as yet ?
Old 9th March 2008, 23:56   #38
BANNED

When speed isn't much available or possible, the next option is to go wild 'n wet. Ain't it? I think that's what exactly happened.
Right now, It's all wild. I had wild ducks for dinner. I'm waiting for the next Wild thingys!

The booking for the winger is pending. I think the delivery is yet to happen for some reasons. When it arrives, I will try and get it in my custody and pimp it to the core! But I don't think it will take a queen size inside and will have to settle with futons. Free rubber will be provided though. Who all are in?
Old 10th March 2008, 16:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is another nail in the coffin of Force Motors who haven thriving solely on the Traveller. I think the winger will eat into some Traveller sales.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

DC-ed version of winger

There was a customized model of the winger on display at the AutoExpo in Delhi. Check the autoexpo thread for the pictures.

Rumored to be a custom job by DC Design.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:41   #41
BANNED

It is a custom job by DC. It was in Tata hall for promotional purposes. It was the usual DC stuff with lots of gadgets and sofas etc...
The exterior looked good and attractive. A neat job.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
There was a customized model of the winger on display at the AutoExpo in Delhi. Rumored to be a custom job by DC Design.
One photograph is available in a recent car magazine.

Here is TATA's take on it:

Winger Executive — office-on-wheels concept vehicle developed by DC Design for Tata Motors
A specially commissioned concept vehicle, the Winger Executive combines the practicality and driveability of the Tata Winger, with cutting-edge design and the connectivity and conveniences of a modern office. An office-on-wheels, as conceived by Dilip Chhabria’s DC Design, the Winger Executive, built on the platform of the recently-launched Tata Winger, is equipped with a secure LAN connection, a printer, scanner and copier on board; alongside a full-fledged AV / entertainment centre consisting of a DVD player, LCD screens and speaker set-up, making for a plush and up-to-the-minute mobile office for up to four people.

Source: Tata Group | Tata Motors | Media releases | Tata Motors launches new vehicle models at the New Delhi Auto Expo

http://streetimportonline.com/sio/in...o_pdf=1&id=125
Old 19th May 2008, 09:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Ad in the paper today about Tata Winger - Had no clue that such a vehicle exists. Checked T-BHP and there is so much info here on it.

At 5 - 7Lacs, it is excellent VFM. Have never seen any on road yet !!
Old 31st July 2008, 19:16   #44

How good is Tata Winger

Any one who had done some testing/analysis on Tata Winger, please suggest is that an option to buy for self use.

the dealer price seems to be around 7Lacs for the top model which is available for the self use.

Comparison welcomed with any other vechicle available in india for winger
for the price(value), utility, economy and reliability

expert opinion needed

regards
Kannah
Old 31st July 2008, 20:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
At 5 - 7Lacs, it is excellent VFM. Have never seen any on road yet !!
Zak's (i.e., speedzak's) dad has one for his construction business. Ask him if you want more info. It does unexpected off-roading daily.

Most Viewed