Bajaj 0 0%
Eicher 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2004, 21:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heavy Vehicle Manufacturers

Guys,

this is a bit of an odd poll. all about whom you think manufactures the best heavy vehicles ( hmv , lcvs , buses , pick ups ..) here in India.

I know not many of us have driven trucks or buses but we sure have been watching them from donkeys ages .. ..

i know we mite not know a lot about A.S.S , dealers but yes we can see the changes atleast thats happening in this sector.

Thnx
Old 29th December 2004, 10:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Volvo! Its a no-brainer. They are also far more cost-effective in the long run compared to its competition.

GTO
Old 29th December 2004, 10:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

It's Volvo for me . They make some of the world's finest heavy vehicles. Second for me is our desi Tata

Dippy
Old 29th December 2004, 10:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Volvo for me too. I remember once on the Expressway. A Volvo had crashed. Two other Volvo's had arrived on the scene. One of them carried the crashed Volvo and the other carried the crashed Volvo's trailer. It was a great sight. Sadly, we didn't have a cam. And its actually proved that these Volvo's can benefit your business more than the other junkyard trucks.
Old 29th December 2004, 11:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Volvo..anytime anyday!!! One of the finest manufacturers of heavy equipment. As most of you know..one Volvo truck can do the work that 2 Indian trucks car do at a time. That way even if its original pricing is higher than the Indian trucks, in the long run they are very profitable!!
Second for me has to be Tata!!!
They make vehicles suitable for each and every aspect of life!!! Be it Light Commercial Vehicles like the 407,709,1109..chassis and cowls for Buses, trucks, tankers, trailers...everything that you can think of!!

ps:Have you guyz heard that sharp and noisy turbo whistle of one of the Tata Trucks.!!! Its really Funny
Old 29th December 2004, 11:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

volvo b7r and fh12,fh16,.....are my favourites but will the volvo's as much reliable as our desi heavy vehicles on our previous roads.
for the volvos to give good Fe figures they need to run at higher speeds and for that they need good roads.on bad roads,the rear part of the bus touches the road at high speeds.
regarding the huge FH12 ...trucks they cannot run almost every road.they need wider roads as compared to our desi trucks.
so for me its the 2 desi companies -tata and leyland for their superb heavy vehicles that have been serving us all these years.
as i cannot vote for both ,i have voted for ALL.
Old 29th December 2004, 12:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Volvo..... Those machines are awesome, cant be matched up by any of the other manufacturers listed when it comes to quality and peformance....
Of the Desi trucks........ Tata anyday, jus love the way it pulls through the ghats and inclines...
But, the Leyland buses have amazing chassis IMO.... the jus zip through the ghats when going downhill ofcoz!
Old 29th December 2004, 13:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

When it comes to sheer engineering, Volvo stands head and shoulders above the rest. The Volvo B7R is definitely my favourite bus. I also admire the Volvo FH12 truck for it ability to haul huge loads effortlessly. But, if you ask me which truck I love most, the reply is certainly going to be the Ashok Leyland Stallion military truck - it's fast, has great ground clearance and 4wd.
So, for me, Volvo comes first and Ashok Leyland second.
Old 29th December 2004, 15:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Volvo..... But, the Leyland buses have amazing chassis IMO.... the jus zip through the ghats when going downhill ofcoz!

amazing chassis and superb exhaust .the sound of a ALL cheetah truck or a Viking bus at high rpms on a ghat is music.

and the way the bus drivers overtake with just mm to spare the oncoming truck is an awesome sight.no volvo driver wud dare to do that to his 60lac bus.
for me,the ebst looking truck is the Tatra and the shaktiman with our armed forces
Old 29th December 2004, 16:39   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
amazing chassis and superb exhaust .the sound of a ALL cheetah truck or a Viking bus at high rpms on a ghat is music.
I remember a trip to Mahabaleshwar in Feb. 2003. I was driving back to Mumbai and had this ST bus in front of my car in the ghats. It was an AL Cheetah and the guy the wheel was an absolute pro. Not once did I feel the need to overtake or frustrated while trailing this bus. I came down the ghats at good speed and with no drama.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2004 at 16:41.
Old 29th December 2004, 16:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

and ur just left wondering as to how do they manage to overtake from the outside on hairpin turns.
thats y my ambition was to become a bus driver ,whereas othets always wanted to be pilot,Dr.,engg...
evemn when i an AC bus i make it apt to be sitting besides the driver in his cokpit.
Old 29th December 2004, 16:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Tata for me!! And are bajaj involved in the heavy vehicles industry??
Old 29th December 2004, 19:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

kkk guys
so we all agree that volva has the best trucks and are the most effective in the long run ...
then why do companies prefer tata and ashok leyland...
anybody
Old 29th December 2004, 20:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Tata for me!! And are bajaj involved in the heavy vehicles industry??
They are actually...see some MAN trucks soon through Bajaj!!
Old 29th December 2004, 20:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Its a Volvo for me as well.Im not too much into HMVs but this one certainly has wot it takes to win this poll atleast.eheh.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks