Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 21:33   #1
srh
BHPian

Electric Tata ACE for the US Market

Tata to make electric vehicles with Chrysler- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

It says that a prototype is ready and it will go into production soon.
Old 24th January 2008, 23:03   #2
BHPian

Wow... this is great. Is there no stopping TATA?

They seem to be stealing all the news headlines with anything related to automobiles.

If this is any indicator, we may see the Nano roll into US sooner than expected. We can only guess whether it will be an electric or non-electric vehicle.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow... this is great. Is there no stopping TATA?
Stole the words right off me. Tata is surely in overdrive mode. There are so many launches, that I have lost track! Nano, New Indica, Indigo CS, Sumo Grande, Xenon.........the list just goes on and on.

Coming back to the topic, 10,000 units is miniscule for a market as large as the States. Its obvious that the electric Ace will be used only in special applications. I wouldn't think that this vehicle would be used on public roads at all. Most probably, usage will be restricted to commercial / residential complexes or a burst around the neighbourhood.

Such a tie-up also says a lot about Chrylser's financial state; they simply have no money to invest!
Old 28th January 2008, 13:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Stole the words right off me. Tata is surely in overdrive mode. There are so many launches, that I have lost track! Nano, New Indica, Indigo CS, Sumo Grande, Xenon.........the list just goes on and on.

Coming back to the topic, 10,000 units is miniscule for a market as large as the States. Its obvious that the electric Ace will be used only in special applications. I wouldn't think that this vehicle would be used on public roads at all. Most probably, usage will be restricted to commercial / residential complexes or a burst around the neighbourhood.

Such a tie-up also says a lot about Chrylser's financial state; they simply have no money to invest!
I agree with GTO ,There is no stopping Tata anymore.These Guys are into overdrive.With the twin surprises that were the Nano and the Grande at the auto expo Tata seems to be going places.Well the Nano was'nt a surprise per se,weve been looking forward to it for years.The Sumo Grande sure did surprise me.Then the news of the Landrover,Jaguar buy and now this.These guys are going to put India on the automobile map of the world.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:12   #5
BANNED

The July issue of ACI / What Car? says the US Postal Department has ordered 250 Aces in electric guise.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:48   #6
BHPian

Exterior & Interior of the Electric Ace should be similar to the Ace 1T displayed in Auto expo Jan 08
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-ace-1t.html
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:10   #7

Today I saw a white ACE at MIRA ( Motor Industry Research Association) here in UK while I was there for some Jag testing. I am not sure if it was a electric version or not because I didn't get that good a look at it. In fact I wasn't sure Tata was planning on an electric version until I searched and read it here.

It was being tested by 2 (British looking) blokes and had pulled over for some checks. I was in a hurry so didn't bother looking in detail or taking pics (cameras/camera phones not allowed inside MIRA)

Could be the export model or perhaps just some tests TATA wanted MIRA to do on the Indian version... Next time will be more attentive
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Economic Times - "citing unnamed industry sources"
Since there are no confirmed sources from a living company official, i would consider this as a rumored news.

Are you guys sure about this? Will have to wait and see - considering Chrysler is suffering from Cancer.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

came across this artical on worldcarfans
Chrysler Reveals Minivan EV Proposal for US Post Office - Seeks more gov funding - Worldcarfans

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks