Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 22:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
IMO it may not be Premium buses but it could be premium service.
A premium bus would mean a premium service, for which passengers would be ready to pay a premium. Passengers are ready to pay extra for a Volvo, and even more for a multi-axle bus! The "premium" tag on the bus does have an effect on the passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
MTC is loosing interest as they have given few of them to TNSTC-Villupuram to operate them as a Intercity bus.
Are you sure MTC is losing interest? IIRC, MTC has ordered for 100 more Volvos. I think it is more due to the interest of the Government of TN that TNSTC got volvos, that due to MTC losing interest. The AC buses introduced by SETC are not very encouraging. What the government did was an intelligent move - instead of purchasing new B7Rs for TNSTC, all they did was transfer some of the older B7RLEs to TNSTC.

With MTC anyways getting more Volvos, transferring a few buses would not cause an immediate disruption in the current lot of services.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
By running premium buses, they are actually encouraging more people to move over to public transportation.
ABTx is one example where a premium service is possible without premium buses
Quote:
If KaSRTC is buying Volvos only due to their "commitment" and not due to any other reason, why are other corporations too following suit?
Volvos marketing is excellent and everybody else try to emulate KaRTC and BMTC.
Quote:
MSRTC has been steadily increasing the number of Volvo services (although it doesn't seem to purchase them, but only take them on hire)
Volvo is perfect for routes like Mumbai-Pune. Also leasing them is a wise move, as they dont need to worry about the maintenance cost.
Quote:
The KeSRTC MD in a meeting with bus fans said the Volvos are the only premium service that returns money for them.
As long as numbers prove otherwise Does not matter what he said to Fans,
Old 19th March 2010, 20:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A premium bus would mean a premium service, for which passengers would be ready to pay a premium. Passengers are ready to pay extra for a Volvo, and even more for a multi-axle bus! The "premium" tag on the bus does have an effect on the passenger.
I still cannot agree that why a premium service should always be coupled with premium bus.Then I could say If the cost of ticket is high its termed as a premium service. As rightly told by Teamvee ABTx, ARC are operators who deserve the premium service without a premium bus.
Still worse are the of B9R's - with no additional comfort, B9R commands premium over B7R just because of the fact that the product cost is higher.There are several Volvo services which are pathetically maintained but claim a higher ticket price taking them to the league of Premium Service.

Quote:
Are you sure MTC is losing interest? IIRC, MTC has ordered for 100 more Volvos. I think it is more due to the interest of the Government of TN that TNSTC got volvos, that due to MTC losing interest. The AC buses introduced by SETC are not very encouraging. What the government did was an intelligent move - instead of purchasing new B7Rs for TNSTC, all they did was transfer some of the older B7RLEs to TNSTC.
With MTC anyways getting more Volvos, transferring a few buses would not cause an immediate disruption in the current lot of services.
I do agree that as a intelligent move, as it may reduce the losses incurred during their operation in Chennai. If AC services are not encouraging then why again to introduce them in Intercity operation?
And the order for 100 numbers of B7RLE's are the part of JNnurm and most of the buses have been delivered.
Here I feel that the problem is with TN Govt as they dont fix a right cost for ticket. A normal mofussil bus ticket costs 0.28NP/KM.This is the cheapest in entire India. Same condition for Volvo services also.Ticket cost is very less compared to BMTC.With higher operating cost MTC cannot put the complete burden to passengers and so they started with a nominal cost which turned out a problem.
Plz dont compare the operation of Volvo with BMTC and MTC as the ticket costs are at two corners.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What is Caparo doing these days. They do have a plant in TN dont they?
ya they do have at sriperumbadur near chennai. And related to this thread i did see a a Huge Hyundai badged rear engined a/c bus near the hyundai factory moving towards the caparo plant carrying people whom looked like factory workers..hyundai workers perhaps.?
btw all hyundai staff buses are AL busses on a lease so this one surely did catch my eye

edit:

this is the bus i saw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Universe
and it had blue coloured hyundai livery

Last edited by amulu10 : 19th March 2010 at 21:51.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abolutely fine. Let the private operators buy whatever they want, becuase they could price the tickets accordingly. All i am saying is loss making STCs, should not run these "premium buses" at a loss. STCs cannot charge like private operators. If a particular route is making profit (TVM-Bangalore), that is fine. If KerRTC could find routes where the Volvos can be run with out loss ( i am not saying making profit), then i strongly encourage to use them.
Old 7th January 2014, 21:05   #36
BHPian

Re: Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India

I had to Bump this thread after years as I couldn't find a better thread to post this.
Happened to see similar Hyundai Bus today evening at GST road near Tambaram. Couldn't take a picture since I was driving, not sure whether it was the same bus but I can recollect it also had TN 21, should be the Staff Bus for Hyundai.

Image Source:flickr
Attached Thumbnails
Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India-hyundai-bus.jpg  

Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India-hyundai-bus2.jpg  

treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed