Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Traffic Cops fines BMTC

Hi Guys,

Yesterday i had been to Kalasipalya to drop a friend to the Bus Stand from HSR layout. What surprised me was there were traffic cops every 2 Kms and as usual the target segment was 2 wheelers.

On the way back from Kalasipalya at the JC Road signal which leads into Urvashi Theatre. We all were waiting for the signal to turn green a BMTC bus comes from the extreme left and after continous honking pushes a Auto to move to right and moves in the lane even when the signal was Red. There were 2 cops on a bike waiting in the lane and what amazed me was they stopped the BMTC bus and fine the driver.

I was very happy to see the traffic cop pulling unruly Govt bus drivers and giving them a ticket.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:52   #2
BHPian

wow something different here. BTW any idea who pays for the fine ?? is it the govt or the driver of the bus ??
Old 15th May 2008, 15:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure it was a ticket ? This kind of thing is unheard of.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:55   #4
BHPian

I think it goes from a pool of union
Old 15th May 2008, 15:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats a start and a good one.

I'm also curious to know who pays up. Its time the public transport vehicles are tamed. If they can tame the auto's then the traffic dept's revenue's will increase substantially.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good show by cops!

It is high time these Govt drivers with 'I don't care' attitude are taken to task!
Old 15th May 2008, 16:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thats a start and a good one.

I'm also curious to know who pays up. Its time the public transport vehicles are tamed. If they can tame the auto's then the traffic dept's revenue's will increase substantially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
wow something different here. BTW any idea who pays for the fine ?? is it the govt or the driver of the bus ??
I guess the fine will be paid by the Govt but dont have much idea about this, i should have checked this with the cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Are you sure it was a ticket ? This kind of thing is unheard of.
Yes I witnessed the scene, as I was curious to know what happens next I stopped my car and walked up to check if they were really giving him a ticket
Old 15th May 2008, 16:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great, this some heratening news. Any idea the BMTC driver paid up without putting up a fight?
Old 15th May 2008, 16:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Something unusual here. A BMTC driver getting a ticket from cops. At last the cops are waking up (I hope)...
Old 15th May 2008, 16:43   #10
BANNED

I don't this is a first.

Every year KSRTC/BMTC declare that they paid 'x' amount as traffic fines, in their financial results. I remember reading somewhere (when their MD announced that due to their education program, there was reduction in traffic fines).

I guess what happens is, driver gets the ticket, KSRTC/BMTC pays it. The driver gets bad ratings in his performance appraisal. This will affect his promotions & bonus.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I don't this is a first.

Every year KSRTC/BMTC declare that they paid 'x' amount as traffic fines, in their financial results. I remember reading somewhere (when their MD announced that due to their education program, there was reduction in traffic fines).

I guess what happens is, driver gets the ticket, KSRTC/BMTC pays it. The driver gets bad ratings in his performance appraisal. This will affect his promotions & bonus.
May be its not the 1st time ; but it was heartning for me to see this in person and share it will all for the 1st time.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 15th May 2008 at 16:56. Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected
Old 15th May 2008, 16:59   #12
BHPian

great work Traffic cops, but again is this just a one off stint or have they really started to work like this.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

whoa , that is no less than a scoop my friend. These guys really need to be fined. The stupid part is they stop the buses just brfore of after traffic signals. Infact the inner ring road flyover (while coming to indranagar from koramangala) has become a permanent stop for the buses and cabs so the narrow flyover gets even narrower .
Hope the cops carry on with this.
Old 15th May 2008, 18:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good move. Wish this could be implemented in Chennai too.
Old 15th May 2008, 19:03   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats a good move. Wish this could be implemented in Chennai too.
I have seen traffic cops stopping the bus for jumping the red signal near Koyambedu (I was in the bus). Then they gave a ticket to the bus driver. We all got down from the bus and took another bus as the cops detained the bus for some reason.

Most Viewed