Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 14:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

HW: yes, BIAL, GHIAL, DIAL, MIAL all have it. But it still trumps Actros silly
Old 6th September 2008, 16:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Dudes, even the Actros tippers are seen transported to its final destiantion (the mine fields). Its not because that it cant cover the distance from port, but its shows the commitment of the company to deliver their customer the purest machine as much as they can. It's not like our Indian CV manufatures who run the truck/chassis 1000 of kms through various road condition that too very careless driving. I've even seen on my trip some LHD busses & bus chassis beign taken through road from Chennai till Mumbai before export. This has to be changed.

As you may be aware Mercedes is not having trailers or truck other than the heavy duty tippers in India, hence they don't use thier truck to transport it.

i know hanmust but they could have imported atleast a few actros trailers for their own use, after all they sell is such low volumes,they could have had private actros trucks for themselves,couldnt they?

BTW the indian railway also has some unimogs right?

Last edited by AMATMO : 6th September 2008 at 16:33.
Old 6th September 2008, 17:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i know hanmust but they could have imported atleast a few actros trailers for their own use, after all they sell is such low volumes,they could have had private actros trucks for themselves,couldnt they?

BTW the indian railway also has some unimogs right?
They have couple of trailers, but still to get it homologated.

Ya U r right, railway also has got couple of Unimogs too.
Old 6th September 2008, 18:00   #19
BHPian

Choice of chasis / system

From the looks of it - Reliance SEZ too have chosen Rosenbauer fire fighting systems - mounted on a Mercedes Chasis - there appears to be a Rosenbauer logo over the right rear flank of the Fire Engine.

The choice of vehicle used for fire fighting trucks varies as per the end user requirements - (budget plays a major role) Airports would need rapid response vehicles capable of reaching higher speeds - with systems capable of dispensing a certain grade of foam over certain distance at specified discharge rates.

The Reliance SZEZ trucks would also be Foam units (as opposed to lets say water tankers for most common city fire trucks) - but would not need to be as high spec as those used for airports - simply due to the end user requirements.

All said and done - these fire engines are such good looking vehicles
Old 6th September 2008, 18:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see modern and efficient fire engines being introduced in India.Great pics, by the way.
Old 6th September 2008, 21:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, I am just a layman :-) but the high CG, lack of wheelchocks and those chains did look flimsy to me while chafing against the bare metal of the trailer. I have noticed many such trucks being transported in the UK but always on customised low-loaders.

But we are very OT so I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Dude you seriously need to give the transporter some credit. They know what they are doing. Do you really think Mercedes will transport something like this without taking all safety into consideration. Also what makes you think that steel chains are flimsy. A chain that size is capable of lifting 20 - 30 tonnes where as over here it is just holding something down. And there are three chains there. More than enough for something like this.
Old 6th September 2008, 21:13   #22
BHPian

Well i think three chains are OK. its better to hold objects mounted on moving trucks with chains rather than stoppers. As long as the weight of the truck is known and the side holding hooks can take the load, which it should it will suffice. But everyone knows in india seldom people care about safety for self and others
Old 6th September 2008, 23:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, I am just a layman :-) but the high CG, lack of wheelchocks and those chains did look flimsy to me while chafing against the bare metal of the trailer. I have noticed many such trucks being transported in the UK but always on customised low-loaders.

But we are very OT so I rest my case.
Dude, you have got a strong point, but as the number of such truck to be transported is very low, then making a customised truck will not be economically viable.
Old 7th September 2008, 15:42   #24
BHPian

anyone notice how rusty those chains are
Old 5th April 2011, 09:55   #25
BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine

Mumbai Fire Brigade has equipped itself with state-of-the art fire fighting vehicles such as a MAN Fire truck, A Volvo fire truck with Bronto SkyLift and a Mercedes-Benz Actros Water Tanker. I have pics of all three, but will post only the Actros pics here.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-dscn3265.jpg  

Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-dscn3266.jpg  

Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-dscn3267.jpg  

Old 5th April 2011, 11:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Mumbai Fire Brigade has equipped itself with state-of-the art fire fighting vehicles such as a MAN Fire truck, A Volvo fire truck with Bronto SkyLift and a Mercedes-Benz Actros Water Tanker. I have pics of all three, but will post only the Actros pics here.
OT: What does the norms say about the maximum allowed height for pasting Retro Reflective Tape (white) on front of the vehicle?
From the photograph, I could judge it is pasted at least 1800mm from the ground (A = Dia of 12X24 Tyre = 1200 mm approx & B = 600 mm approx)
Is this height permitted?
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-dscn3266a.jpg  

Old 5th April 2011, 20:14   #27
BHPian

Here are few pics of Mercedes Actros 4641 6x4 used as water tanker in Mumbai Fire Brigade. This pic is taken while the vehicle is coming out of Shivaji Park after Republic Day Parade.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-fire-engine-2.jpg  

Mercedes Benz Actros Fire Engine-fire-engine-3.jpg  

Old 5th April 2011, 20:38   #28
BHPian

Few years back may be in the 90s Bangalore Fire Birigade had a British Leyland Fire Engine which was stationed at a station Opp Central Jail Race cource in GandhiNagar Anyone has its pic ?
Old 5th April 2011, 22:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Could you post the other pics in the heavy trucks thread? I'd love to see what the other emergency vehicles look like.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Could you post the other pics in the heavy trucks thread? I'd love to see what the other emergency vehicles look like.
I've already posted pics of MFB's other vehicles such as Volvo and MAN Fire Trucks.

Here are the links -

Volvo FM400 fire truck with Bronto SkyLift

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ire-truck.html

MAN Fire Truck

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ck-mumbai.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks