Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 15:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Apollo Hospitals Madras has a fantastic equipment loaded Mercedes Traveller Bus as their VVIP ambulance.

Here in Bangalore Mallya Hospital has a brilliant looking equipment loaded Chevy or Ford Ambulance.

It is nice to see such fully loaded care equipment available here for those who need them but unfortunately it is more of an exception than a rule in the sense these kinds of ambulances get used only for those who are "more equal than others" as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Yep! It was a Chevrolet. Based on a pick-up Truck/SUV.

Not seen it in recent times! Not even sure if it was RHD!
And is still running I saw it a month ago on road.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:34   #62
BHPian

I think TATA winger is best bet. It has tons of space inside better than Omnis, MUVs or SUVs, and is not so big on outside like Swaraj mazda, Force traveller, 407 or city ride.

By the way, Does anyone know which engine works in winger? I have seen some on road and they seem really refined and quiet.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:52   #63
BHPian

while reserving comment on whether its the best platform for an ambulance, i am surprised no one has mentioned the venerable gypsy! Maruti offers a standard factory made ambulance option based on the gypsy platform.

Once saw one of these effortlessly crossing a desert in a remote place called Rhongo while I was nursing a burnt clutch!

Now try getting these Winger-swinger toys to cross the Changthang desert carrying casualties! :|

Last edited by COUGAR : 11th February 2010 at 17:55.
COUGAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2010, 18:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
I think TATA winger is best bet. It has tons of space inside better than Omnis, MUVs or SUVs, and is not so big on outside like Swaraj mazda, Force traveller, 407 or city ride.

By the way, Does anyone know which engine works in winger? I have seen some on road and they seem really refined and quiet.
Got this from the winger website - Winger ? Luxury & Stylish Passenger Vehicle introduced by Tata Motors

Either a 1948 cc NA Engine or a 1948 cc TCIC Engine

Peak Power 68 HP @ 4500 RPM and 90 HP @ 4300 RPM respectively
Peak Torque 115 Nm @ 2000~3000 RPM and 190 Nm @ 2000~3000 RPM respectively

Last edited by vineethvazhayil : 11th February 2010 at 18:51. Reason: tags appeared
Old 11th February 2010, 23:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think TATA winger is best bet.
I totally agree, TATA Winger is the right size for Indian city roads. Not too big, and not too small. But the engine is underpowered for an Emergency vehicle and the styling is a decade old. TM is now focussing more on fully built special purpose vehicles (instead of just chasis), we could expect a better ambulance when TM introduces the new LCV platform.
Old 15th February 2010, 11:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Based on my obervation, the Force Traveller is best suited as an ambulance for Indian road conditions. The vehicle is not too broad to navigate narrow streets and it's height gives drivers ground clearance on splotchy roads that won't affect sick passengers. The engine is also proven and can be fixed roadside.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ever other day or so I see an Ambulance (predominently Force) honking for want of space, to move faster (even with the siren and lights glowing). Well we do not have dicated lanes for them, neither have strict rules for the neitigen to give way. I think there should be more compact vehicles for use in moving around in city traffic.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:44   #68
kkg
BHPian

We used to have NISSAN vans as CATS ambulances here in Delhi, they were spacious and they were fast and i guess reliable also. As far as the ambulances of the future i would like to see DACIA MPV as one based on Logan platform, they would serve the purpose i guess and would help in recovery of both patients and RENAULT
Old 17th February 2010, 13:45   #69
BHPian

Tempo traveller and if not that then TATA winger.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
while reserving comment on whether its the best platform for an ambulance, i am surprised no one has mentioned the venerable gypsy! Maruti offers a standard factory made ambulance option based on the gypsy platform.

Once saw one of these effortlessly crossing a desert in a remote place called Rhongo while I was nursing a burnt clutch!

Now try getting these Winger-swinger toys to cross the Changthang desert carrying casualties! :|

Sorry Sir, the thread title does not state "Best ambulance for desert"
Old 18th February 2010, 15:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Sir, the thread title does not state "Best ambulance for desert"
Maybe. But its good to have an ambulance that can get people to the hospital regardless of the terrain conditions.
COUGAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 00:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

the ideal ambulance for india. but it's too slow.

Ideal Vehicle for an Indian Ambulance?-lcv_ambulance.jpg

source-Balaji Force
Old 19th February 2010, 01:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
What should an ambulance intrinsicly possess, IMHO it should good ride & handling and speed. Seconds can make a difference between life and death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
the ideal ambulance for india. but it's too slow.
actually ambulances don't need to be run fast, they need unobstructed roads. but I have rarely seen an emergency vehicle here going beyond 60-70 MPH.

what's important is they need to maintain that speeds within the short runs they do, inside city limits.
Old 19th February 2010, 04:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

2 things go into an Ambulance. The base vehicle itself and then there's the conversion that includes all the facilities that goes into it.

Right now we have no idea about the quality of the conversion.
Old 19th February 2010, 09:58   #75
BHPian

For all practical uses,In most cases 99.99% there are no doctors in any ambulances here. its just a Mode of transport to get you to the Hospital.So Hopefully the Patient doesn't Die by then,if you called an Ambulance in an Emergency.

Most Viewed