Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 14:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Again OT:

My first travel to Mumbai was in Ghatge Patil, body was buit by Ruby Mumbai. That time the Konkan railway was also not there. It used to take 24 Hrs to reach Mumbai. The drive through Khandal ghat was just scray with many trucks fallen and crushed. But it was a wonderful experience.

Most of the luxury buses of those days were built in Karur. Ganesh Travels, Ideal travels, Canara, Puttur da Muttu, East west, Canara Pinto, Anand, etc
Sorry Lohit for hijacking your thread with our OT:

During the 90's I recollect travelling in some CPT buses which were built by SION coaches. Dont see them anymore now.
Old 22nd December 2010, 22:08   #62
BHPian

Re: Good old KSRTC "Super Delux" buses

Old Ultrza Deluxe were renamed Rajahamsa during the early 2000's. The Ultra deluxe used to be pista + green color. Reegistrations used to be in MAF, CAF series. There used to be two kinds of these. One had curved glass at back and the other had straight. There was one Ernakulam-Bangalore night service via Mysore. I have traveled in it several times. Once in the drivers cabin. Doors used to be behind, not at the drivers cabin. Newer buses had slanting front. Please correct me if I am wrong, most of the buses were Leyland Vikings.

There used to be Semi Luxury coaches too, that had head rests. What are these types called now?
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:27   #63
BHPian

Hi All,

finally managed to get one - not sure if this is the one all are looking for as this is not pista + green colored one.. However, i believe this is also from the same league or may be one generation ahead..

enjoy maadi..
Attached Thumbnails
Good old KSRTC "Super Delux" buses-luxury001.jpg  

G-BoleroBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:11   #64
BHPian

Good Job Bolero Boy. That is indeed the Bus. I used to take only these buses in my trips from Bangalore to Chennai and back. No Conductors even those times and very good drivers, no rash driving or anything.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:25   #65
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi All,

finally managed to get one - not sure if this is the one all are looking for as this is not pista + green colored one.. However, i believe this is also from the same league or may be one generation ahead..

enjoy maadi..

Awesome find!!! Is there any chance you can arrange for the Tata buses as well . They used to have a little broader bumper and same colour theme of Lohiths search query
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

G_BoleroBoy, great find bro! yes the Pista colored version looked very nice....

i believe Majestic Bus depot has whole load of pictures. need to make a visit sometime.
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:47   #67
BHPian

Ka.S.R.T.C used to operate a BLR-Kanyakumari Super Deluxe service via Salem, Madurai, Nagercoil. The service was a massive hit ever since its launch. Departing BLR at 8:30 pm, the bus would reach Madurai at 6:00 am sharp. It used to always overtake all the Thiruvalluvar Transport Corporation buses, particularly their BLR-Kanyakumari Deluxe bus which used to depart from BLR at 5:30 pm. The Ka.S.R.T.C. buses were powered by Hino engines and did not have rooftop carriers.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing these buses, remember someone telling they(blue) were bound towards chennai etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPT2625 View Post
Ka.S.R.T.C used to operate a BLR-Kanyakumari Super Deluxe service via Salem, Madurai, Nagercoil. The service was a massive hit ever since its launch. Departing BLR at 8:30 pm, the bus would reach Madurai at 6:00 am sharp. It used to always overtake all the Thiruvalluvar Transport Corporation buses, particularly their BLR-Kanyakumari Deluxe bus which used to depart from BLR at 5:30 pm. The Ka.S.R.T.C. buses were powered by Hino engines and did not have rooftop carriers.
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:20   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPT2625 View Post
One thing why the Super Deluxe buses used to pass these Thiruvalluvars apart from being a bit quick was the KSRTC buses had hardly any stops at all whereas the TN buses had the habit of stoppig atleast at the major places enroute.

Funnily, still the same continues with Rajahamsas and SETC. except for the AC SETCs.
Old 25th January 2011, 17:19   #70
BANNED

BRILLIANT BoleroBoy, Thanks a lot for posting. Yes this is the bus.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Kannur Deluxe

This thread brought back old memories when I used to travel by the famous "Kannur Deluxe"(made famous by the movie of the same name) from Kannur to Thiruvananthapuram and back. I used to prefer the bus, although it took same or more time than the train and wasn't as comfortable(I am a sworn bus freak).

There used to be a single seat up front, just next to the driver, which was supposed to be a reserved MLA seat, though I wonder if any MLA actually travelled in that seat.

These buses used to be maintained very well(few buses on which KeSRTC used to do preventive maintenance) and never ever faced a problem in my umpteen trips during college years.

Those were the days...
Old 11th February 2011, 22:02   #72
BHPian

I remember these buses very well.
I used to travel in them regularly from Bangalore to Mysore, Mangalore, Madras, Belgaum, Udipi, Kanyakumari etc.,
There was a bus to Bombay leaving Majestic at 08:00 and everyday I stop to see this bus moving out.
The super-deluxe bus from Madras to Bangalore would leave at 23:30 and reach Bangalore at 05:30 using the Chittor-Kolar route.
Sure brings back lot of memories of the good old days
I also used to travel by the blue "semi-luxury: buses when the Super-Deluxe bus was not available and of course I have traveled by the red color ordinary buses too.
Those days KSRTC buses were well maintained and very clean compared with their counterparts from TN, KL and MH.

HC
Old 11th February 2011, 22:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Last couple weeks have been regularly visiting Udupi, looking at the location where these buses used to be parked during the day those days, made me real nostalgic. today a huge building/bus stand has come in its place.

Those days a huge garage which had the place for 4-5 buses and this place was ment for the super delux. every time i visit udupi town i used to look for these buses...
Old 13th February 2011, 13:44   #74
BHPian

@ kuttapan, Happened to watch the 1969 Prem Nazir movie "Kannur Deluxe" a few weeks back late night on Asianet. The film revolves around a KSRTC Super Deluxe bus of those days. The graceful lines of the coach on lines of American buses of those days are a feast to the eyes. And it had fabric covers on the seats, some special console with an array of switches near the conductor seat, etc. The trim, streamlined and compact body of the bus would have not been out of place even today.

Last edited by Yeldo : 13th February 2011 at 13:46.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:36   #75
BHPian

I couldn't get pista green "Super delux". Do you want the semi deluxe one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks