Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 18:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good old KSRTC "Super Delux" buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
@addy - You mean this one?
As late as 2006/7, these were in operation, weren't they? I used to work in Mysore during those days, and this SD bus used to ply on the Bangalore - Mysore - Satyamangalam - Coimbatore - Thrissur route. That was the best bus I could get if I had to travel to my hometown (Palakkad) from Mysore. There were two buses, one used to come in at 715 PM and another at 830 PM at the mysore bus station. fond memories!
Old 18th April 2012, 19:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
@addy - You mean this one?
It's been more than a year, since I saw this thread I guess.

@G-BoleroBoy, yes, that is the bus I was talking about.
Old 18th April 2012, 20:32   #93
Senior - BHPian

Vineth, i dont think Super Delux which i am talking about were in service till 06, i think it was removed from service early 2000 or earlier.

Sad part unable to find 1 picture of those buses:(
Old 18th April 2012, 20:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Vineth, i dont think Super Delux which i am talking about were in service till 06, i think it was removed from service early 2000 or earlier.

I think Vineeth was talking about the Semi Deluxe/Semi Luxury buses as he has quoted G-BoleroBoy's post with the picture of the above said bus.

As you said, the Super Deluxe buses were withdrawn long before the 2000s IIRC. During this time, the 'Ultra Deluxe' era was in place. But the Semi Deluxe/Semi Luxury bus which GBB has posted was in service till maybe 2005-06 (not sure about this, it could be earlier also).
Old 18th April 2012, 22:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
But the Semi Deluxe/Semi Luxury bus which GBB has posted was in service till maybe 2005-06 (not sure about this, it could be earlier also).
Pretty sure about that, I was travelling in these buses as late as 2006 end - early 2007.. So yes, the Super Delux buses may have been out of service with the advent of ultra delux/rajahamsa etc.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 06:33   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Pretty sure about that, I was travelling in these buses as late as 2006 end - early 2007..
@Vineet, those buses were taken out much earlier. Lohith is correct there. The buses were Ashok Leylands, with a full-width chrome front grille, and often front door (for passengers). Green stripes along the length of the bus.
Old 19th April 2012, 07:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Check this album here : https://picasaweb.google.com/sunilkumar.nmit and see if you can find what you are looking for.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 08:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Semi-luxury buses were operational in early 2000, remember taking one in 2001.

Thanks Riju, lots of pictures but dint fid the "Super Delux":(

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I think Vineeth was talking about the Semi Deluxe/Semi Luxury buses as he has quoted G-BoleroBoy's post with the picture of the above said bus.

As you said, the Super Deluxe buses were withdrawn long before the 2000s IIRC. During this time, the 'Ultra Deluxe' era was in place. But the Semi Deluxe/Semi Luxury bus which GBB has posted was in service till maybe 2005-06 (not sure about this, it could be earlier also).
Old 19th April 2012, 12:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

I used to travel a lot in a Tata Super Delux bus in 95-97. Remember it being a white and blue bus built by AGCL? The seats inside were brown leather/fake leather and there used to be a round knob below the seat for adjusting the backrest.
Old 19th April 2012, 13:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I used to travel a lot in a Tata Super Delux bus in 95-97. Remember it being a white and blue bus built by AGCL? The seats inside were brown leather/fake leather and there used to be a round knob below the seat for adjusting the backrest.
I remember taking the Super Delux bus around mid '98. It was around this period that KSRTC started bringing out the Ultra Deluxe coaches built by the likes of Prakash. I had taken the old Super Delux bus on my way to Bangalore while I returned back to Chennai using the Ultra Deluxe bus. The one which struck me was the Round Knob to push the seats back. Post '98 the old super deluxe buses were used as city buses in Bangalore. If my memory serves me correct, the Ultra delux numbers started somewhere around KA01F6000 while the super deluxe use to carry numbers around KA01F 5800 / 5900.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks