Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 18:15   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
OT: I wrote a detailed reply to your post man. Apparently mods have a problem with 'formatting'. Whatever. Too boring to type the same thing again. Form matters here more than content I guess. Classic case of tail wagging the dog.
It is best to have a clear understanding prior to passing judgement. Your post was, plain and simple, UNREADABLE. Why? Because you have cut-copied-pasted from another word document and all the font tags ended up showing. We would much appreciate your previewing a post prior to submission, and also reading the FAQ on removing FONT tags.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:29   #47
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Very strange that the Volvo KSRTC bus took the 2-laned Old Madras Road, one of the most dangerous highway in the country, there is no median and just one lane on both the sides, overtaking is a pain and then Buses/Trucks overtake like mad, with no concern to the smaller vehicles in the opposite side, so either you brake or crash!

I had taken a KSRTC Volvo to Chennai few months back, thankfully, he took the 6 lane median separated Hosur Road (part of Golden Quad).
Strange that you feel that way and calling this the most dangerous highway in the country...
Anyways have been travelling on this route since my childhood, and this is the route that loved to drive in. Yes there is no median like you pointed out but until recently i never found driving in this route a pain. Now because of the widening work that has been taken up its not apleasant route but otherwise this used to be a wonderful route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
There are 2 toll booths on the Chittoor route - after Walajapet, the route is the same to Chennai. The booths are at Channasamudram and Sriperumbudur.
But that is after you join the Hosur - Chennai road right ?
Old 16th October 2008, 19:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
This is what happens when we give bullock car drives such powerful machines. They neither have the sense nor the respect for peoples lives.
True Muralik,

The Tata and Leyland buses are literally Bullock Carts when compared to the VOLVO buses while climbing the Ghats and stuff and now that these drivers are given such powerfull engines to control, they are literally trying to relieve themselves by make use of the engine power in all wrong ways possible.

Iam sure that the Adrenaline in them will be pumping beyond control when they drive the Volvo's, such drivers never had any regard for the Passengers travelling in the past on the ordinary buses anyways and giving them such machines only makes it more dangerous and more losses of innocent lives.

If you take a look at the list of the passengers , one will notice that at least two of them were Teachers by profession, what a shame to hear of such a loss. My sincere Condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones.

I conclude my comments in utter despair knowing that no one will ever be able to change whats happening in our country and such kind of a mentality will always remain in such drivers till the end.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2008 at 12:36. Reason: quote fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks