Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 22:43   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I found the Volvo buses quite noisy even inside and lot of vibrations in the seat back rest. The ride comfortable relative to the regular airbus but I found there is heavy pitching when the driver brakes even normallywould help if these operators also installed better seats. I think after they buy the Volvo they have very less cash to invest in some good reclining seats
it must be a ill maintened Neeta doing duty on mum pune route
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:31   #122
BHPian

^^ agree with the seats part...i squirm and writhe in pain even at the sight of those horrible 'Harita' seats with the even-more-horrible rexine headrest pads. Can't Volvo give us some seats that match the overall quality of their buses? The 'Harita' seats better be left to the truck-based Prakash and Veera buses.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:44   #123
BHPian

The largest fleet owner of Volvo B7R in India is KSRTC -Karnataka.
Then BMTC - B7RLE
APSRTC.
APTDC

In private sector its Sharma,VRL,KPN,Raj,Kallada.

B9R Multi Axle Operators are i think
Sharma-Mum-Bng
Kaleshwari-Hyd-Bng
Geepee-Hyd -Bng
Sofiya-Tvm-Bng
Kallada-Kochi-Bng
Vishal-Mng-Mum
Old 24th April 2009, 21:35   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdubai View Post
The largest fleet owner of Volvo B7R in India is KSRTC -Karnataka.
Then BMTC - B7RLE
APSRTC.
APTDC

In private sector its Sharma,VRL,KPN,Raj,Kallada.

B9R Multi Axle Operators are i think
Sharma-Mum-Bng
Kaleshwari-Hyd-Bng
Geepee-Hyd -Bng
Sofiya-Tvm-Bng
Kallada-Kochi-Bng
Vishal-Mng-Mum
patel-ahm-jamnagar
eagle-ahm-jamnagar
Old 3rd May 2009, 08:27   #125
BHPian

News item in TOI that Karnataka RTC has inducted 30 B9Rs into their fleet and they will soon start operating to places like Mumbai, Pune, Ernakulam, Trivandrum, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bidar etc.

I was passing Majestic yesterday morning and also passed one of these (badging was "9400") which was driven by some bloke not in uniform and there were no pax on board. I guess they are still completing the pre- induction formalities. Anyway waiting to travel in one of them soon.
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:01   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
News item in TOI that Karnataka RTC has inducted 30 B9Rs into their fleet and they will soon start operating to places like Mumbai, Pune, Ernakulam, Trivandrum, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bidar etc.
They are inducting 9400s - which are B7Rs and NOT B9Rs. B9Rs are "9400 6x2". The 9400s have already begun running on various routes.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:47   #127
BHPian

Vishal Travels have started B9R service for the Mumbai-Mangalore route. They are charging Rs.1500 vis-a-vis Rs.1300 for the B7R. A 15% hike! Don't know whether it is worth it or not. Will it gain an hour over B7R over a distance of nearly 1000 kms? I think may be a max of 30 mins.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
Vishal Travels have started B9R service for the Mumbai-Mangalore route. They are charging Rs.1500 vis-a-vis Rs.1300 for the B7R. A 15% hike! Don't know whether it is worth it or not. Will it gain an hour over B7R over a distance of nearly 1000 kms? I think may be a max of 30 mins.
I don't understand. Rather than reducing the prices due to greater operational efficiency, they increase the prices. Unless offcourse the B9R does the trip in shorter time and in greater comfort than the B7R
Old 7th May 2009, 15:24   #129
BANNED

Looking at the picture they have added 4 more tyres at the backside !! so more comfort
Old 7th May 2009, 15:55   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
Both the rates seem to be due to the ongoing summer vacations. In any case, I doubt if the bus would save any time. The bus would infact lose more time trying to negotiate its way through our roads within towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I don't understand. Rather than reducing the prices due to greater operational efficiency, they increase the prices. Unless offcourse the B9R does the trip in shorter time and in greater comfort than the B7R
The pricing is for the "Brand" and not for the "Value". An operator charges a premium if you want to travel in a B9R. AFAIK, both B9R and B7R provide identical fuel economy. To add to it, a B9R would carry 8 passengers more than a B7R, thereby increasing the revenue per bus for the operator.

I am yet to ride in a B9R, so cannot really comment on its ride quality. However, a friend who traveled from Chennai to Bangalore in a B9R was not very happy with the bus.
Old 7th May 2009, 17:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The pricing is for the "Brand" and not for the "Value".
That sounds very 'markety'... No offense meant. Might be true.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:49   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I am yet to ride in a B9R, so cannot really comment on its ride quality. However, a friend who traveled from Chennai to Bangalore in a B9R was not very happy with the bus.
I did travel on the B9R from Bangalore to Mumbai a couple of weeks back. Had taken seat No 1 right behind the driver. I have taken the B7R too a bunch of times from BLR to Mumbai and that too at seat no 1. This time I specifically booked on the B9R as the cost was same.
I didnt notice any difference in the ride. It was the same. So was the travel time i.e 18 hrs. I also noticed that the max speed of the bus was 120 kmph which is the same as B7R.
Hence there is no difference apart from the additional seats and the humungeos size.
The folks at Sharma were talking about a much better ride for folks sitting at the back due to the multi axle but as I was sitting right at the front, I cany confirm that piece.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:52   #133
BHPian

Last week local papers here carried the picture of Shahrukh Khan's new acquisition - a Chabria modified Volvo which is a B9R I suppose as it was a rear multi axled Volvo !!
Old 8th May 2009, 12:27   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Last week local papers here carried the picture of Shahrukh Khan's new acquisition - a Chabria modified Volvo which is a B9R I suppose as it was a rear multi axled Volvo !!
Rediff iShare: SRK gets mini palace for vanity van

they say it costs around Rs.6 crores!
Old 8th May 2009, 14:16   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,

Today while travelling on the Mysore road, spotted a new 9400 model KSRTC bus. I saw a door right in the middle on the side. Dont know that door was for. will search for similar bus in the KSRTC bus stand and then give an update.

Most Viewed