Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey I saw one of these at Hosur, they are really awesome, they stand out of the crowd and are so well put together.

As regards AUTORICKSHAWS, all people can't afford cars or atleast maintain them, have parking for them or take them along when they go out-station, and then some simply do not know how to drive. All these people find a friend in the humble AUTORICKSHAW.

I have a trick that I play on them. I hate it when they cut across when I am in a four wheeler, and force me to brake and downshift and lose momentum. What I do for revenge is, when I am on a two wheeler, cut across them. They are sitting ducks, you can overtake them and then cut across them because of the single front wheel, and that is pure undiluted pleasure.

One last thing. There is nothing wrong with the AUTORICKSHAW per se, its the mentality of those driving them that get them a bad name. So guess we have to change the people than change the vehicle
Old 24th December 2008, 19:49   #17
BHPian

I happened to take a ride in one of these, they seem to be gaining in popularity in Chennai.

The difference between one of these and the Bajaj is chalk and cheese! It feels like the difference between a tractor (Bajaj) and car. I was really impressed with the engine, it seemed quite noiseless, must be some modern 'clean' 2-stroke since the old 2-stroke autos were pretty pathetic. The suspension also feels good, you dont feel every bump on the road or get thrown around with every turn. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying its anything like modern car....but compared with the noisy Bajaj with low quality finishings and jagged edges that tear your clothes as you get in and out, it feels like a massive improvement.

Also the fit and finish seems neater and it seems in Chennai all such new autos are mandated to be dual-fuel so they take LPG.

Now if somebody can just replace the Chennai auto drivers with newer models that would be nice
Old 24th December 2008, 19:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Whatever happened to the terrific prototype developed by one of the IITs a decade ago, I wonder? That looked really good - a bit futuristic at that point, but by now it should be possible to bring that design out onto the roads.
You remember that?
It was two decades ago actually.
It looked really great!
Perhaps the old man refused permission to the son because of the cost of investment in new dies and tooling! If things had gone the father's way, even Pulsar wouldn't have materialised.
Old 24th December 2008, 21:04   #19
BANNED

OT, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I have a trick that I play on them. I hate it when they cut across .... when I am on a two wheeler, cut across them. They are sitting ducks, you can overtake them and then cut across them because of the single front wheel, and that is pure undiluted pleasure.

Arun, I had discussed this on your behalf with the leader of Rick drivers, and he has confirmed that actually you started it. They have promised that they will stop cutting across cars when the 2 wheelers stop cutting in front of them.
Old 24th December 2008, 21:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Apart from other thing, looks spacious nonetheless.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:17   #21
BHPian

i like this rick the back is ok but the front looks neat with the single windscreen and twin headlamps.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As regards AUTORICKSHAWS, all people can't afford cars or atleast maintain them, have parking for them or take them along when they go out-station, and then some simply do not know how to drive. All these people find a friend in the humble AUTORICKSHAW.
I agree with you Arun, but, do you know that there are atleast thrice the number of Autos on the road than actually required. That actually makes them a menace. It seems that there are more than 3 lakh autos on road in Bangalore!

Quote:
What I do for revenge is, when I am on a two wheeler, cut across them. They are sitting ducks, you can overtake them and then cut across them because of the single front wheel, and that is pure undiluted pleasure.
Even I too do the same. But have you noticed? That doesn't seem to irritate them. I need to find some way to irritate them to hell.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hows the passenger space at the back ? I have heard it's generous compared to the Bajaj ones.

And yes - these are gaining in popularity down south very quickly, good to hear that in these recessionary times - we supply a few parts to them.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

bring this in MUmbai.. but with a CNG/LPG kit and this will give the Bajaj RE a run for its money.

A Fresh change in front design rest is almost the same as to what i can say..
Old 25th December 2008, 00:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You remember that?
It was two decades ago actually.
It looked really great!
Thanks for reminding me again - I'm growing old!
Old 25th December 2008, 01:27   #26
BHPian

And you graduated from which tech university Sir ?! C'mon who on earth are you or me for that matter to comment on the feasability of a 2 or a 4 stroke motor powering any automobile !?? It just warms my cockles just to read posts such as yours where we seem to hold the unwritten patent to rubbish the decision of companies to launch a certain varient !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Anybody know what the mileage is on this ? They still produce two-stroke engines ? Nonsense.
Old 25th December 2008, 05:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

I saw few of them in kottayam town(kerala).
and may be TVS got a tie-up with ORBIT of Australia or some firms like that who claims two strokers can be made pollution free by their technologies.I hope it is true
Welcome to Orbital Engine Corporation Limited
Orbital Corporation Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orbital Engine - All about Orbital Engine - definitions, videos, pictures, links about Orbital Engine - from CWAnswers
Old 26th December 2008, 06:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
I am swimming against the tide here to say that this looks pretty neat for a rick. At least it has decent sized headlights and tail lamps
Right behind in your wake. This one is quite a looker. Finally some flair on 3 wheels. IIRC, it comes with factory fitted CNG and hence the injector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Anybody know what the mileage is on this ? They still produce two-stroke engines ? Nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
And you graduated from which tech university Sir ?! C'mon who on earth are you or me for that matter to comment on the feasability of a 2 or a 4 stroke motor powering any automobile !??!!
Actually Srishiva's question makes sense. 2-strokes were pretty much banned for 2-wheelers and it comes as quite a surprise that TVS has not gone the 4 stroke route.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th December 2008 at 11:41.
Old 24th July 2009, 19:40   #29
BHPian

Got a chance to travel by TVS rickshaw at Andheri.Rellay have to Appriciate efforts of TVS as they have no experience in making 3whleers.Really good Vehicle.

1>Better Leg Than Bajaj.
2>Better Suspensions so better ride.
3>Really good braking.

I found it little noisier may be its 2 Stroke.

and also asked the Rickshawwala how he is finding driving this vehicle after earlier owning Bajaj.

1.Better visiblity as single glass
2.Very good breaks
3.Button start.
4.Good pickup
5.Integrated FM in Dash.
6.Bottle holders

One thing he was not happy with the gear lever as the same lever has revers also one up and four down but now used to it.

and the most funny comment "Pani me se leke jane ke baad ye band nahi hoti".
Old 24th July 2009, 19:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
bring this in MUmbai.. but with a CNG/LPG kit and this will give the Bajaj RE a run for its money.

A Fresh change in front design rest is almost the same as to what i can say..
I see a lot of them in Mumbai now. Too many around. Looks good on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Got a chance to travel by TVS rickshaw at Andheri.Rellay have to Appriciate efforts of TVS as they have no experience in making 3whleers.Really good Vehicle.

1>Better Leg Than Bajaj.
2>Better Suspensions so better ride.
3>Really good braking.

I found it little noisier may be its 2 Stroke.

and also asked the Rickshawwala how he is finding driving this vehicle after earlier owning Bajaj.

1.Better visiblity as single glass
2.Very good breaks
3.Button start.
4.Good pickup
5.Integrated FM in Dash.
6.Bottle holders

One thing he was not happy with the gear lever as the same lever has revers also one up and four down but now used to it.

and the most funny comment "Pani me se leke jane ke baad ye band nahi hoti".
Thats a nice review. Have stopped travelling by rick but would love to do some in these some day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks