Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 07:47   #16
BANNED

This is a very good step by the govt to improve public transport for the office goer.
Who knows, if this keeps up well we might even see many IT employees going by car now take buses to work.
Old 16th February 2009, 09:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
that's better.but I felt KRV's are particular on kannada boards/regn plates on vehicles.
What's KRV ??
Old 16th February 2009, 09:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

OT :karnataka rakshana Vedike
Old 16th February 2009, 09:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
yes.when other neighbouring state's like tamilnadu and karnataka buses got this registeration number in local languages ,KSRTC(kerala) has not changed.

In Bangalore ,as far as I know ,local buses got route plates written in kannada only?
,local buses towards aluva(industrial area) ,perumbavoor towns from my town-Muvattupuzha ,got the route written in english,hindi and malayalam;same with some city bus service in cochin(kochi). most long distance buses elsewhere in the state(KSRTC) got route displayed in English as well.
It will be very useful in a city like bangalore where people from various other states are living.
I did my B.Tech from model engineer college and during those days they used to write the destinations only in malayalam on the buses.And slowly I had to learn malayalam alphabets.And by the time i managed to read where the bus was goin..it would have already gone.
I used to be the most frustrated northie settled mallu at that time
Old 16th February 2009, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good to see some refreshing colour on the city roads.

Quote:
yes.when other neighbouring state's like tamilnadu and karnataka buses got this registeration number in local languages ,KSRTC(kerala) has not changed.

In Bangalore ,as far as I know ,local buses got route plates written in kannada only?
,local buses towards aluva(industrial area) ,perumbavoor towns from my town-Muvattupuzha ,got the route written in english,hindi and malayalam;same with some city bus service in cochin(kochi). most long distance buses elsewhere in the state(KSRTC) got route displayed in English as well.
It will be very useful in a city like bangalore where people from various other states are living.

And once again DC has managed to veer the discussion towards his famous topic.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

@Lu€iFer:AFAIK ,city buses now carries English boards in major routes.and buses towards places like naval base for sure did during old times itself.
--
@esteem:why targetting me?let the topic continue?
wait for some pictures from me on this topic.
Old 30th March 2009, 22:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
LOL they aint designer buses. This was introduced by the BMTC on the 12th for city commute and is called BIG10 . I even spotted a MARCOPOLO bus in the BMTC fleet.
These buses are NOT called as Big10s. They are called "Kendra Saarige" - or Hop On Hop Off - services. The initial fleet was two buses each coloured Orange and Blue. The colours are not painted but stickered up on.

A new fleet has been introduced now - three buses each. These buses are properly painted in these colours. Please find more information on these services at my blog: The first post and the updated post (The first post has details of the services, while the second post has updates on route revisions.)

Some better pics of these buses:
Attached Thumbnails
Designer BMTC buses-p1200007.jpg  

Designer BMTC buses-p1200012.jpg  

Designer BMTC buses-p1200002.jpg  

Designer BMTC buses-p1200024.jpg  

Designer BMTC buses-p1200020.jpg  

Designer BMTC buses-p1200016.jpg  

Old 31st March 2009, 10:03   #23
BHPian

Any one knows if BIG10 has service to Sarjapur Road? The web page says so, but no details. Thanks
Old 1st April 2009, 11:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

On the issue of route boards, the guys from Chennai can vouch - you would have to search really hard to find an MTC bus which contains only Tamil, all of them have English & Tamil boards. The issue is with the staff, most of them can barely understand English leave alone conversing in English.

The last couple of years has seen a sea change in the public transport in the cities like Bangalore & Chennai, with Volvo aggressively marketing the City bus to the various state governments its bound to improve even further. Not to forget ALL's effort in getting into Low floor buses & Tata's association with Marco Polo
Old 1st April 2009, 12:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Any one knows if BIG10 has service to Sarjapur Road? The web page says so, but no details. Thanks
It runs Dommasandra to Police Housing Board, via Koramangala, Adugodi. No idea about timings :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks