Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:45   #1771
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
SRS also has Volvo multi-axle buses. They use it in Bangalore-Mumbai route, I guess. Not sure about it though. I have seen one or two of them in Bangalore.
They also operate Bangalore Trivandrum with a VolvoMulti Axle (they just aadded another bus on the route - an AC sleeper)
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:57   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold class View Post
Guys, just wanted to know about your toughts and reviews about Volvo Multi Axle Sleepers(2+1) if introduced in Kerala sector. (BKR-TVM, BLR-EKM.)
BLR-TVM (Via TN) and BLR-EKM will both have takers, but going by the Mallu mentality, we are for sure on the lookout for VFM. The essense is to price it reasonably higher than the Multi Axle sleepers. If they get the pricing right, there is no reason why it won't sell.
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:10   #1773
BHPian

Horrible experience - Sangeeta travels

Yesterday afternoon I had to travel from Bangalore to Chennai. I was hoping that my WL ticket in Shatabdi will get confirmed but the final status was WL4.

Went to Sangeeta travels booking counter near Majestic by 1 .30 pm and was told that there is bus at 2.30 pm. I purchased the ticket and the long wait started. There was no bus till 3.30 pm and surprisingly I was the only person waiting in the office. By 3.45 pm a few more passengers joined and came to understand that they had booked for 4 pm bus. So the counter staff had lied to me about the 2.30 pm bus. The bus finally came at 4.30 pm and it was one of the worst maintained Volvo I had ever seen. The fitments were vibrating, the seat were not reclining and bus was very dirty. After picking up passengers at various points crossed Hosur at 6.30 pm and stopped at Macdonald for dinner. Crossed Krishnagiri at 7.30 and the AC failed. The journey went on and on and finally reached Koyambedu at 12.40 am and had spend a hefty amount towards auto.

Had the guy told me that the bus is at 4 pm only , I would have tried other options and reached Chenai by atleast 10 pm. Will never travel by Sangeeta
travels again.

To maintain its reputation, Volvo should audit the maintenance of its buses by the owners and stop selling new buses if the track record is bad
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:32   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrible experience - Sangeeta travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Yesterday afternoon I had to travel from Bangalore to Chennai. I was hoping that my WL ticket in Shatabdi will get confirmed but the final status was WL4.

Went to Sangeeta travels booking counter near Majestic by 1 .30 pm and was told that there is bus at 2.30 pm. ...
To maintain its reputation, Volvo should audit the maintenance of its buses by the owners and stop selling new buses if the track record is bad
This is another story of blindly believing in Volvo and getting crapped.
There are several operators who cash on this mad rush.
Sangita is one operator who is to be avoided in any routes they run.

Volvo (nor any manufacturer) has no control over the operation once the sale process is over.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 2nd June 2012 at 15:39.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:56   #1775
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
This is another story of blindly believing in Volvo and getting crapped.
There are several operators who cash on this mad rush.
Sangita is one operator who is to be avoided in any routes they run.

Volvo (nor any manufacturer) has no control over the operation once the sale process is over.
Given that Volvo has completed 10 years in India, I'm sure quite a few reputed travel operators would have even sold off their old first-gen buses to fringe operators.

Could such be the case with Sangeeta and others who have been reported to ply lousyly maintained buses.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:59   #1776
BHPian

Quote:

Went to Sangeeta travels booking counter near Majestic by 1 .30 pm and was told that there is bus at 2.30 pm.
Karnataka RTC has a Multi Axle Volvo at 1406 and normal volvos at 1530 and 1700 all from Shantinagar. Getting to Shanti Nagar from Majestic shouldnt be a problem as there are quite a few city volvos leaving from the Majestic bus stand or you can take a rick. This is always a better option anytime than Sangeetha or Shama Sardar. Bharti Travels also generally have a multi axle at 1330 and that leaves from Anand Rao Circle.
Old 2nd June 2012, 22:23   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
We can all relate to your frustrating experience but you should remember that, whilst Volvo might still be a premium player in the Indian bus scene, its no Rolls Royce . A friend of mine used to work in Volvo and he says they are under as much pressure to achieve the numbers as their counterparts in AL and Tata. So can't expect too much of a quality audit happening anytime soon.

The only possible way to get these operators to improve is when people stop using them. So it is important that you share your experience on the such forums and it might prompt others to stay away and ultimately force every operator to give us the best. Wishful thinking I must say
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:53   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Bharti Travels also generally have a multi axle at 1330 and that leaves from Anand Rao Circle.
Bharathi operates only on Weekends. VRL is now running a daily B9R at 1400hrs from their bus station in Anand Rao Circle. SRM has also launched a daily B9R service during the day, on the Chennai <-> Bangalore route (3pm from either end).
Old 3rd June 2012, 13:06   #1779
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. I went to Majestic and was about to board the bus to Shantinagar , when a tout (mis)guided me to Sangeetha. I had to get back to Chennai before next morning and being a weekend didn't know the availability in other services. Since I was offered a seat, I took it. A lesson to remember.

Of course asking Volvo to audit is only a wishful thinking. The constraints are too many. But I have seen tractor manufacturers conducting training classes to farmers on how to take care of tractor and probably Volvo may be doing the same.

Old 3rd June 2012, 16:31   #1780
BHPian

I would like to know whether you have any volvo or any other good service between Bangalore and Madurai starting at Bangalore about 12 noon.
Old 3rd June 2012, 17:13   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
SRS also has Volvo multi-axle buses. They use it in Bangalore-Mumbai route, I guess. Not sure about it though. I have seen one or two of them in Bangalore.
These are contracted from Southern Tourist/ Southern Travels of Mumbai. They are not owned by SRS.
Old 3rd June 2012, 18:40   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course asking Volvo to audit is only a wishful thinking. The constraints are too many. But I have seen tractor manufacturers conducting training classes to farmers on how to take care of tractor and probably Volvo may be doing the same. .
Driver training is provided by almost all the manufacturers in India and this gets vanished when the age of the vehicle gets more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
I would like to know whether you have any volvo or any other good service between Bangalore and Madurai starting at Bangalore about 12 noon.
You can take KPN Volvo Multi axle at 1300
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 20:42   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Last friday traveled to Coimbatore in Hindusthan Multi-axle volvo.

Service was good and prompt, 2 drivers, free water bottle and hand towel kit. Journey was quick yet without rash manoeuvres ,started by 11:30 at Madiwala(bus was full), did not take the BETL hence a lot of initial delay, but managed to reach CBE by 5:20 AM.

Another +ve is that this goes through Avinashi road, so i got down at Hopes.
Old 3rd June 2012, 22:43   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Heard Kerala's first i-shift volvo has arrived. KTC is the one who has bought it. For the services planned they bought 2 i-shift and 2 single axles volvo's. Their plan is to do services within kerala. No further details available.

BHPians any further news regarding this.
Old 4th June 2012, 08:53   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Heard Kerala's first i-shift volvo has arrived. KTC is the one who has bought it. For the services planned they bought 2 i-shift and 2 single axles volvo's. Their plan is to do services within kerala. No further details available.

BHPians any further news regarding this.
Their plan is Kozhikode-Trivandrum (day services). They are getting two Volvo 9100s as well (they are among the launch customers). They have not really finalised the routes.

Most Viewed