Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 14:15   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post

The official notification was issued on 09.10.2007. The Maximum distance permitted for LSOS is only 140 kms. For operating beyond this, the service needs to be upgraded to FP or above.
I seriously doubt this. Kumily - Ernakulam is 180km and that would make all the Limited Stop buses running in that route FPs.

And so would be the many night services, Cheriyan Motors ( Kottayam - kannur, LS Ordinary), Holy Family ( Nedumkandam - Kannur). But they all continue to be Limited Stop services.

As far as my understanding goes, in 1997 HC had cancelled all temporary FP permits thus only allwing permanant FP permits to continue and thats how PPK and PMS( 2 big operators based out of Kothamangalam) lost lot of their FP permits, they only have a few FP with them now, PPK still has one Express permit.

Ps: PPK n PMS bus images are posted in the CV section some time back by me.

Quote:
As of today, all private services towards Moovattupuzha/Kottayam side depart from Kaloor. Private buses no more originate at South.
Till 6.30 am you will see these buses starting from South Railstation.

Quote:
This service should be a replacement - this route is "closed" for new permits. What is the surprise in this being a "super express"? There is no "express" category in Kerala, and any service has to be "super" class..
Tell me one Super express service run by private operator in kerala? I know only express services which still run as express services.

LAst time a super expres permit was requested was on the Kasargod - Changanessery route but KSRTC objected and was not awarded, but Mubarak has managed to get this permit on the Ekm- Tdpz- Kumily - Kuttaar route, probably because KSRTC didnt object.

But your comment that this route is closed for new permits as this super express permit is a upgradation to their exisiting LS permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Mubarak bus running to kumily via kakkanad-Muvattupuzha route cannot be made super fast anyhow You people ought to see the pathetic state of narrow,hilly,twisty bad surfaced SH41(EKM-MVPA) .
But then MVPZ- TDPZ route makes up for that. Its awsome drive.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 29th December 2009 at 14:17.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:25   #257
BHPian

Quote:
When did this come-back happen? I remember reading a recent news article about Private buses being stopped on inter-state routes. AFAIK, both the KSRTCs now operate 25 buses each day. (Each bus makes 4 round trips, IIRC).
The private buses were off the roads after the court stopping it and all news papares carried the artical on it. Here's one of the artical

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

But within 3 days they were back on road. Few of the buses have permits till 2012 so they will be operating.

There are some big private operators from Mangalore who have buses in this route and they have somehow made a comeback. But a few small operators have pulled out the services.

But its sad to see the good quality of private buses going off the road in this stretch. They were giving good service but were also known for the rash drivings.

Many of the drivers come from Mangalore - Udupi route where express bus leaves every minute and they test the buses to the max.

But the goverment buses do not maintain time and are least bothered on what public want. Once i have seen 5 goverment buses coming from one side in a minute and on the other side i was waiting for 15 mins for the bus.

I feel both the services should be present to keep both the services under control. Monopoly by private or government will not help people.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:46   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
I seriously doubt this. Kumily - Ernakulam is 180km and that would make all the Limited Stop buses running in that route FPs.
I have a question: Do you bother to read the entire post before shooting off a reply?

My post clearly said, the order was issued on 09.10.2007 (was made effective from Jan 2008). A typical SC permit is valid for 5 years. Therefore, only permits that came for renewal after January 2008 would've been affected by this order. The buses on the route WILL BE converted to FP as and when the permits come for renewal - this upgradation also requires a change in the bus. This would apply till some operator goes to the court and obtains a stay.

Quote:
And so would be the many night services, Cheriyan Motors ( Kottayam - kannur, LS Ordinary), Holy Family ( Nedumkandam - Kannur). But they all continue to be Limited Stop services.
May of them already display boards that they are "LS FPs" or "Super Fasts". Recently, renewal was rejected for an operator (I think the route was Kottayam-Mananthavady) who was not ready to upgrade. (I'll get more details on this later).

Quote:
Tell me one Super express service run by private operator in kerala? I know only express services which still run as express services.
The class was abolished only recently, and buses would be upgraded only as permits come up for renewal. Till they, IIRC, Super Fast fares would be charged.

Quote:
LAst time a super expres permit was requested was on the Kasargod - Changanessery route but KSRTC objected and was not awarded, but Mubarak has managed to get this permit on the Ekm- Tdpz- Kumily - Kuttaar route, probably because KSRTC didnt object.
On all nationalised routes, the KSRTC has rights to object to new permits - NOT for renewals. Mubarak managed a permit, because its a renewal. Had that been a new permit, it gets automatically rejected. I know of an operator who's request for a Kodungallur-Mala-Athani route was rejected because the route overlapped a nationalised route for 2.5 kms.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:51   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kottayam - Kumily - Kondody Express. They are probably he best service and body builders in Idukki. Most of the bus body you see are kondody design or built.
Kondody buses are driven rash along the various routes they operate such as along the KK road. They don't think twice about forcing other vehicles off the road.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:43   #260
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question: Do you bother to read the entire post before shooting off a reply?

My post clearly said, the order was issued on 09.10.2007 (was made effective from Jan 2008). A typical SC permit is valid for 5 years. Therefore, only permits that came for renewal after January 2008 would've been affected by this order. The buses on the route WILL BE converted to FP as and when the permits come for renewal - this upgradation also requires a change in the bus. This would apply till some operator goes to the court and obtains a stay.
And what different did i say ? Tone it down.

Quote:
May of them already display boards that they are "LS FPs" or "Super Fasts". Recently, renewal was rejected for an operator (I think the route was Kottayam-Mananthavady) who was not ready to upgrade. (I'll get more details on this later).
LSFPs and SFs charges more than LS ordinary. Just putting up the board wont do, regular services like Pournami and most plying the adimali route would find it difficult to charge this extra as they all have pakka passangers.

Here is an image of LS plying on the Ekm Pooparra route with a LS board. They only charge ordinary charge. Permit was renewed after 2007, im getting it confirmed again !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf5383.jpg  

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 29th December 2009 at 15:56.
Old 29th December 2009, 18:49   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what different did i say ? Tone it down.
If you don't mind (even if you mind), just get back to your last posting, and read what you've said. THAT IS DEFINITELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED.

Quote:
LSFPs and SFs charges more than LS ordinary. Just putting up the board wont do, regular services like Pournami and most plying the adimali route would find it difficult to charge this extra as they all have pakka passangers.
So do they send invites to their "pakka" passengers in addition to the board? If the government mandates that the bus has to be an FP, it has to be - else the operator is free to shut the service.

Quote:
Here is an image of LS plying on the Ekm Pooparra route with a LS board. They only charge ordinary charge. Permit was renewed after 2007, im getting it confirmed again !!!
The date is January 2008. The bus being new does not signify a recent permit change - I know of an operator who changes buses every year. The permit is valid for five years.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind (even if you mind), just get back to your last posting, and read what you've said. THAT IS DEFINITELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED. .

Quote:
So do they send invites to their "pakka" passengers in addition to the board?.
Sarcasm, i like it. But not a rotten one sorry.

Quote:
If the government mandates that the bus has to be an FP, it has to be - else the operator is free to shut the service..
How many example do you want to about FP services charging LS fares ? They dont due to competition. Krishna LSFP plying on Ekm - Guruvayur route used to. PPK n PMS on Kunjithany - Adimaly - Kothamangalam route.

You need to travel in those routes to understand what i mean, most of seats would have towels placed by the bus workers itself for their passengers and earlier buses from Aluva used to turn yuou away even when seats where available.

Quote:
The date is January 2008. The bus being new does not signify a recent permit change - I know of an operator who changes buses every year. The permit is valid for five years.
I didnt say the bus is new and so the permit too.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 29th December 2009 at 19:33.
Old 29th December 2009, 20:02   #263
BHPian

Deleted as it was a repost.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 29th December 2009 at 20:05.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:15   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Kondody buses are driven rash along the various routes they operate such as along the KK road. They don't think twice about forcing other vehicles off the road.
Kondody is the most reputed and better managed bus services on KK Road. If you call them "rash" we can imagine how the other private buses are plying in this route.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:31   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Kondody is the most reputed and better managed bus services on KK Road. If you call them "rash" we can imagine how the other private buses are plying in this route.
I havnt travelled by a few of them, but i have definitly seen a lot on KK road and i used to love them the way they are maintained.

Their bus bod deign esp the high ground clearnace was pretty famous too, infact other competitors too had their buses build by them.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:51   #266
BHPian

The Mubarak Super Express service.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf5462.jpg  

Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf5461.jpg  

Old 30th December 2009, 22:05   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
After being pushed off the road once, and nearly breathed down another time, I surely feel justified about my opinion on them. I dont know how well-managed they are, it could be possible. I was only referring to the way they are driven.
Old 30th December 2009, 22:23   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
After being pushed off the road once, and nearly breathed down another time, I surely feel justified about my opinion on them. I dont know how well-managed they are, it could be possible. I was only referring to the way they are driven.

Understand your feeling, here is something to clean up your memory. Kondody FP.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf3848.jpg  

Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf3850.jpg  

Intercity Bus travel reviews-dscf3853.jpg  

Old 31st December 2009, 00:29   #269
Senior - BHPian

IIRC Kalloor Motors,PTMS(Pulickan) were also major players in Highrange routes in Kerala.Earlier these buses have service to Aluva via My town ,since I remember from childhood days.
@kadri007:Is the "Ballal Motors" Tourist Buses Still Operates from Mangala?heard from My Father that they were pioneers in Luxury Buses circa 1970's.

Last edited by deepclutch : 31st December 2009 at 00:30.
Old 31st December 2009, 08:47   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So do they send invites to their "pakka" passengers in addition to the board? If the government mandates that the bus has to be an FP, it has to be - else the operator is free to shut the service.
When my cousin used to work in town, he and his friends used to pay less than ordinary fare on a FP bus. The benefit for the bus operator, they take the same (company) bus in both directions on all 6 working days. He used to tell me most of the passengers in that bus as regulars and most of them work in collecterate.

There are few express buses ply on KK road, While going towards Highrange, If there are passengers they pretty much stop at any bus stops unless the bus is crowded. But return to Kottayam is another story.

On paper (permit) there could be various types Super Express, FP etc, but In reality what these buses actually charge is different from the fare sactioned by the gov (less than allowed, i am not sure whether there is any rule saying they should charge exactly as per the fare table). If they charge the SuperExpress fare in Kottayam-Kumily ticket, there may not be many passengers. The case may be different in other routes, i am just talking about the highrange routes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks