Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:31   #3436
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

The air fares from Bangalore to Kochi are at rock bottom levels nowadays. So seriously think of taking a bus to Bangalore and flying to Kochi from there. For 07 November both Air Asia and Indigo have departures at 0830/0900 from Bangalore currently at 2300 All Inclusive. Keeping in mind that the Hyderabad Bangaalore buses can drop you off near the airport, this may be an option worth considering. From what I can see the cost of the total journey is only around 1000 Rs more.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:36   #3437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Any review on the Aeon Connect Scania ? I want to do Hyd-Thrissur on Nov 6th. I have used Kallada a few times already,
Aeon Connect is doing good these days. I have seen them arriving Ernakulam at 9am few times.
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:38   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
The air fares from Bangalore to Kochi are at rock bottom levels nowadays. So seriously think of taking a bus to Bangalore and flying to Kochi from there. For 07 November both Air Asia and Indigo have departures at 0830/0900 from Bangalore currently at 2300 All Inclusive. Keeping in mind that the Hyderabad Bangaalore buses can drop you off near the airport, this may be an option worth considering. From what I can see the cost of the total journey is only around 1000 Rs more.
Very true. Over the past two months, I've been mostly flying to Kochi. The first time I got a ticket for 1430 All inclusive on SpiceJet for a Friday evening flight! The maximum I have paid till date is 2399 All-Incl for Indigo (but had to cancel the ticket due to a sudden demise in our family) - rebooked for Indigo on the same flight the next evening, and got a ticket for 1999 all-in!

I even managed to get a return BLR-COK-BLR ticket for Rs. 1332 All-Inclusive! In fact, the next three journeys home too are booked by air. Flying is getting really cheap on short-haul routes now. With another Regional airline likely to be launched soon, I believe the fares might get even cheaper!
Old 4th November 2014, 18:49   #3439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
I travelled in HKB travels from Bangalore to Hydaarbad on 26 October (Sunday- long Diwali weekend)

4) No curtains for some windows.
I consider this as a Positive point. Having curtains is as good as having tinted glass. Hyderabad traffic police are very strict in implementing this rule. Recently on Hyderabad traffic police facebook I have seen a post where the driver of a Government vehicle has been fined for using curtains for windows.
Old 4th November 2014, 19:40   #3440
BHPian

@autotranny, Scania bus is too good. I liked it more than Volvo/Mercedes/Isuzu/Ashok Leyland.
I travelled on Aeon Connect in June from BLR - HYD.
For a detailed review, please check my review in the same thread.
manduvindupondu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 23:30   #3441
BHPian

Quote:
@autotranny, Scania bus is too good. I liked it more than Volvo/Mercedes/Isuzu/Ashok Leyland.
Thanks , I did my Hyderabad-Thrissur journey in the Scania of Aeon Connect on Nov 6th. I should say that it has been my best journey so far in this route, though not a very frequent bus traveler.

The bus came on time at my pick up point, left Mehdipatnam at around 3.20 pm, dinner stop @ hotel Ravi Teja, Gooty at 7.30 pm, Madivala @ 11.15 pm, Coimbatore @ 4.45 am and finally Thrissur Mannuthy @ 7.10 am. That is 1100 odd kms.

The bus seemed speed locked since I felt a bit of Engine lug. However the highlight was the way in which the crew worked with clockwork precision at all stops, including dinner as well as Bangalore change overs. It was almost as smooth as an Airline crew.

The exterior of the bus had a few dents and patchwork (near the front bumper), but interiors were very well maintained. Nice air freshner used, clean blankets, a bottle of water and tetrapack of slice given as complimentary.

Their site mentioned a bus hostess as well as snacks served on-board; both of which were missing. On the whole, the best service from Hyd to Kerala.

NB : I wonder how KPN is doing in this route. There was a KPN that left before us at Gachibowli, we managed to catch up during dinner and left the hotel before them. Did not see them again. Not sure if it was their Kerala service.

Last edited by autotranny : 14th November 2014 at 23:34.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 23:44   #3442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny

Thanks , I did my Hyderabad-Thrissur journey in the Scania of Aeon Connect on Nov 6th. I should say that it has been my best journey so far in this route, though not a very frequent bus traveler..
IIRC, Aeon is operating with two buses hence prompt on timing. It gets hardly 4 hours of rest at Kochi after a 1100 kms journey !
Old 17th November 2014, 19:01   #3443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NB : I wonder how KPN is doing in this route. There was a KPN that left before us at Gachibowli, we managed to catch up during dinner and left the hotel before them. Did not see them again. Not sure if it was their Kerala service.
KPN's service might be to Trivandrum. They don't operate to Ernakulam anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
IIRC, Aeon is operating with two buses hence prompt on timing. It gets hardly 4 hours of rest at Kochi after a 1100 kms journey !
IMO, any overnight service needs two buses to operate daily. Only the day/night buses (I mean those with one leg being covered at day and the opposite at night) can operate daily with a single bus.
Old 18th November 2014, 10:35   #3444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
...IMO, any overnight service needs two buses to operate daily. Only the day/night buses (I mean those with one leg being covered at day and the opposite at night) can operate daily with a single bus.
Binai, I think what coolclouds meant was that, Aeon has only 2 Scanias, and no spare bus. So, they have to be punctual in order to have the bare minimum time to clean the bus, take any preventive maintenance action etc. before it starts its next trip. If they had a 3rd bus, they could rotate the buses.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 21:09   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - I had travelled in a KPN Scania way back in Jan this year and felt the KPN Volvos were more comfortable. I thought the leg space was cramped in Scania - Or it was brand new or KPN stacked more seats in Scania than they usually do in their Volvos. The baggage rack appeared to be smaller than those in volvos. Looking at the recent reviews - I think I will have to try a Scania from a different operator.
Old 19th November 2014, 23:03   #3446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Binai, I think what coolclouds meant was that, Aeon has only 2 Scanias, and no spare bus. So, they have to be punctual in order to have the bare minimum time to clean the bus, take any preventive maintenance action etc. before it starts its next trip. If they had a 3rd bus, they could rotate the buses.
With just two buses, how do they go about maintenance ? Does scania have service facility @ EVM Cochin ? Even rest time in Hyderabad is at Max 5 Hours.

Btw, does Aeon have any expansion plans ?
Old 20th November 2014, 09:09   #3447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With just two buses, how do they go about maintenance ? Does scania have service facility @ EVM Cochin ? Even rest time in Hyderabad is at Max 5 Hours.

AFAIK, this operated is a close associate of EVM motors, the dealer of Scania in Kochi. Hope they are taking care of service too.
Old 22nd November 2014, 15:39   #3448
Senior - BHPian

The KSRTC Bangy-Ekm Garuda is doing good timings. Last night's service reached Palakkad at 4 o'clock, after passing E-city at 9:30 (scheduled time was 8:50pm) and also a 15min break at Sree Saravana Bhavan near Krishnagiri, at 10:45pm. The only concern was the single driver who has to drive end to end, which isn't a safe practice IMO.
Old 23rd November 2014, 11:16   #3449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeivan View Post
Hi - I had travelled in a KPN Scania way back in Jan this year and felt the KPN Volvos were more comfortable. I thought the leg space was cramped in Scania - Or it was brand new or KPN stacked more seats in Scania than they usually do in their Volvos. The baggage rack appeared to be smaller than those in volvos. Looking at the recent reviews - I think I will have to try a Scania from a different operator.
The Scania of KPN has 48 seats - its a 14.5M bus. The luggage racks of the Scania are infact, deeper and taller than a Volvo.

Quote:

The Aeon bus parks at EVM's fuel station - the maintenance team attends the bus there itself. Aeon is said to be expanding shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The KSRTC Bangy-Ekm Garuda is doing good timings. Last night's service reached Palakkad at 4 o'clock, after passing E-city at 9:30 (scheduled time was 8:50pm) and also a 15min break at Sree Saravana Bhavan near Krishnagiri, at 10:45pm. The only concern was the single driver who has to drive end to end, which isn't a safe practice IMO.
I am afraid, 12 hours is not "unsafe" for a single driver. We are talking an air-conditioned bus with the best facilities and creature comfort for the driver. The driver has very little to do - and almost all the KeSRTC crew use cruise control and have very little "driving burden". However, the crew have been trying to get another driver on board - a typical case of unions trying to get more "duties" for their members. They've been trying to sabotage this service - all efforts including purposefully delaying the bus, driver parking the bus and sleeping, et all have been done. They are however silent on regular KSRTC buses having single drivers at a stretch for 14-16hours.
Old 24th November 2014, 07:39   #3450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I am afraid, 12 hours is not "unsafe" for a single driver. We are talking an air-conditioned bus with the best facilities and creature comfort for the driver. The driver has very little to do - and almost all the KeSRTC crew use cruise control and have very little "driving burden". However, the crew have been trying to get another driver on board - a typical case of unions trying to get more "duties" for their members. They've been trying to sabotage this service - all efforts including purposefully delaying the bus, driver parking the bus and sleeping, et all have been done. They are however silent on regular KSRTC buses having single drivers at a stretch for 14-16hours.
I know about the tug of war behind the scenes, but at least the corporation could settle down for a conductor who can double up as a reserve driver. Or at least let there be another driver from Palakkad/Thrissur to take the bus further inside Kerala. Anyway, like the printed destination boards that look out of place on these sleek Volvos (my personal opinion), there are many rules and laws that should've been amended long ago

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks