Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 30th December 2018, 11:46   #3976
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Any recommendations for Chennai to Bangalore trip Boarding at T.nagar? Earlier, I used to go via KPN which has convenient boarding at Venkatnarayana Road. But now a days it seems it's quality has come down and punctuality as well.

Does Evacay/Orange/Asian Xpress provide pick up at T nagar? Any other recommendations are also welcome.
Orange has van pick-up for T Nagar. AsianXpress comes to Adayar, but doesn't have a T Nagar pickup.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 11:49   #3977
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for Chennai to Bangalore trip Boarding at T.nagar? Earlier, I used to go via KPN which has convenient boarding at Venkatnarayana Road. But now a days it seems it's quality has come down and punctuality as well.

Does Evacay/Orange/Asian Xpress provide pick up at T nagar? Any other recommendations are also welcome.
Asian Xpress provides boarding at Raju Hospital stop. Evacay did as well but now they have not resumed their Velachery to Bangalore service after the hiatus.

Rest of the Velachery starting point buses should also be doing the same. Do check the boarding point info on RedBus for accurate information about it.
SchumiFan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 12:23   #3978
BHPian

Quote:

VRL offers T Nagar pickup. I have used it twice and is very convenient.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 12:37   #3979
BHPian

Default Chennai <----> Bengaluru

I have always used KSRTC for my Bengaluru <----> Chennai travels.

A few advantages I found:

1. Even with "surge" pricing, the fares are still reasonable.

2. Travelling from Tiruvanmiyur to Koyambedu bus stand is a breeze; you can catch one of the TNSTC buses coming on ECR from Pondicherry/Cuddalore.

3. In Bangalore, Shantinagar used to be very convenient from my home in BTM.

4. Buses are in reasonably good condition.

5. Departure timings are maintained well. No waiting for passengers.
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 15:29   #3980
BHPian

Default Re: Chennai <----> Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
I have always used KSRTC for my Bengaluru <----> Chennai travels.
Apart from all those advantages what about the running time? KaSRTC is a pain on timing when it comes to Kerala at-least.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 15:52   #3981
BHPian

Default Re: Chennai <----> Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Apart from all those advantages what about the running time? KaSRTC is a pain on timing when it comes to Kerala at-least.

Cheers!
Restricting myself to Chn <---> Blr travel - KaSRTC is pretty reliable on running time as it is a bus-stand to bus-stand service; doesn't wait too much for passengers enroute, or for loading goods.
DigitalOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:29   #3982
Senior - BHPian

I travelled to Mumbai( from Vadodara) by a Sleeper coach from Neeta Tours and Travels. It was an impromptu trip, so I was not able to check other options. I read Neta Tours and Travels on many " good looking " buses on the highway so booked it by RedBus.

It was a big mistake. The bus was dirty with empty wafer packets and wrappers. It was an AC bus and inside it was smelling like vomit. I along with other passenger forced the driver to clean it before starting the journey. The bus was 2*1 sleeper coach. Some of the double births were empty. The driver and his companion stopped at each and every highway crossing to get some passengers. Unfrotunelty they got many passengers and they accommodate six persons is each double birth. The walking passage in the bus was full of smelling shoes and socks. It was a nightmare, I was not able to sleep the entire night. The bus reached to Malad on time.

However, It was a very bad experience for me. Some of my frequent traveller friends told me that choosing a lower sleeper birth was a mistake. I agree with them. However, I also felt that choosing Neeta bus was a mistake.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote