Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Old 10th July 2021, 21:22   #4051
BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
There are 8 services now from Bangalore to Jodhpur. At about 36-38 hours, it's one insanely long journey. Who is the route aimed at? And is there any particular reason that these ultra long routes are mainly between Bangalore and Rajasthan? Don't find Bangalore to some other states for example.
Rough guess is that Bangalore acts like a hub for Marwaris/Rajasthani people living in the southern states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, which have a huge resident and migrant population. And due to lack of sufficient direct trains, buses are a good alternative. Also, as these buses pass through Pune, Mumbai, Surat and Ahmedabad they can fill seats in between these cities and destinations in Rajasthan, improving the yield. Earlier, this route was dominated by VRL and SRS, but since the pandemic, Rajasthan based operators have taken over.
nitkel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 22:22   #4052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are 8 services now from Bangalore to Jodhpur. At about 36-38 hours, it's one insanely long journey. Who is the route aimed at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Rough guess is that Bangalore acts like a hub for Marwaris/Rajasthani people living in the southern states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, which have a huge resident and migrant population. And due to lack of sufficient direct trains, buses are a good alternative.
Agree with nitkel's analysis.

Not only there is a large migrant population of RJ people in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai, but also they maintain good bond with their motherland, they keep visiting often. Many of them even organize the marriages of their children at their native place though they are permanently settled in south.

Obviously train is a preferred mode of travel for them. But even before pandemic, I have witnessed them not hesitating a bit to board a bus, if the train tickets aren't available. So as nitkel says, these services might be keeping in mind this customer segment.

One query for professor.march; are 8 services a day really operational these days or it is just displayed on their portals?

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 10th July 2021 at 22:25.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 22:34   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Agree with nitkel's analysis.

One query for professor.march; are 8 services a day really operational these days or it is just displayed on their portals?
Just what I found on redBus for tomorrow. These routes have been there for a while but I was reminded of them because I saw a couple of travel videos on YouTube recently.
professor.march is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 23:20   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Just what I found on redBus for tomorrow. These routes have been there for a while but I was reminded of them because I saw a couple of travel videos on YouTube recently.
Just to add, small businessmen/traders from Gujarat/Rajasthan dealing in textiles, home floorings and furnishings also form a significant portion of the travellers on this route.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:07   #4055
bht

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Rough guess is that Bangalore acts like a hub for Marwaris/Rajasthani people living in the southern states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, which have a huge resident and migrant population. And due to lack of sufficient direct trains, buses are a good alternative. Also, as these buses pass through Pune, Mumbai, Surat and Ahmedabad they can fill seats in between these cities and destinations in Rajasthan, improving the yield. Earlier, this route was dominated by VRL and SRS, but since the pandemic, Rajasthan based operators have taken over.
+1, I have travelled couple of times to Surat/Ahmedabad from Bangalore and seldom these are empty. They get passengers till Pune/Surat/AMD from Bangalore and to Rajasthan from there on.
They are very convenient in case of emergency travels and when train tickets aren't available.

I do miss BNG-Rajkot SRS service that was once active.
bht is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed