Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:40   #151
Team-BHP Support

Jomz, i aghree with the points you mentiond. However, my point of contention is that why should a passenger be troubled with all these logistic issues?

Keeping tabs on the rampant corruption is one thing, but keeping passengers waiting while they sort out their logistics is a pain point, IMO. Surely, other operators manage things quite well without such stoppages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Benny, sometimes it might me be me whom the stopped the bus for. He being a good friend he holds the bus for 15-20 minutes, if in case I was late.
Next time i notice you boarding the bus from Hosur, i'll kick you right outta there.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:02   #152
Senior - BHPian

May be Jomz should share his travel plans so that other Tbhpians can avoid Kallada on that day, might be difficult during festive seasons but nevertheless alternate arrangements can be thought off
Old 10th September 2009, 09:55   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
May be Jomz should share his travel plans so that other Tbhpians can avoid Kallada on that day, might be difficult during festive seasons but nevertheless alternate arrangements can be thought off
I don't delay every Kallada bus!!!! There is only one route which i usually travel- which unfortuanately is the same as that of Benny's .

But I thought almost every operator stops at Hosur for one thing or other either flowers,food or fuel. There are a lot of malyalees in Hosur, who have to take the bus to go to Kerala. I never seen a bus stopped at hosur any more time than it stops at madiwala or majestic. Given that it is kind of a big hub for bus operators, I don't feel any reason to complain. People don't complain about the bus stopping again at madiwala after leaving kalsipalaya- do they??

I dunno much obout other operators but KPN does this counting and fuel thing somewhere nearby Salem- it happens in the dead of the night so nobody knows.

And again being good friends with the travel guys always helps. They can always get some ticket for you, they will recommend the best buses ( given kallada, some buses are riddled with fleas) and once in a while they hold it for you. Your documents from Kerala - always comes safe and free and faster than any speed post. i once sent my passport through a kallada driver. all this because i treat the guy at the counter like a good friend. sometimes he says how he feels bad when other people treat him like a ticket vending machine.

Anyways this is only my opinion and one kallada agent's. there might be sour apples too.
Old 10th September 2009, 13:18   #154
Senior - BHPian

As the number of buses for the operator increases, the confusion on ticketing goes up for those who do not have a proper system. They are issuing same tickets to different sub agents and delaying the bus to rearrange the seats!

I tried "Yatra" many times and as they don't carry any luggage (at least for the time being!!) they are mostly on time.

My agent in Vyttila said about Sophia lines and SRM which leaves Vyttila at 10PM & 10.30PM and reaching Madiwala at 7 & 6.30am respectively.

I'm not sure about this timing but booked SRM for next Monday as it looks great timing for a bus!!

Last edited by coolclouds : 10th September 2009 at 13:26.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:09   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
My agent in Vyttila said about Sophia lines and SRM which leaves Vyttila at 10PM & 10.30PM and reaching Madiwala at 7 & 6.30am respectively.

I'm not sure about this timing but booked SRM for next Monday as it looks great timing for a bus!!
The Sophia is the multi axle one right, also looks like SRM has decided to attack the Kerala - Bangalore sector which KPN has not been able to win over against the likes of Kallada etc.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Sophia is the multi axle one right, also looks like SRM has decided to attack the Kerala - Bangalore sector which KPN has not been able to win over against the likes of Kallada etc.
SRM recently introduced Multi Axle Volvo between Bangalore and Trivandrum along with Sofia lines. They also operate another normal A/c bus on same sector

Both operators are far ahead in their service than others.

Last edited by coolclouds : 10th September 2009 at 14:24.
Old 11th September 2009, 00:10   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KPN has also introduced a Volvo B9R on the Trivandrum-Bangalore route. I saw an advertisement at their Ernakulam office that they've introduced a B9R between Ernakulam and Bangalore as well. (Am not sure if both the buses are the same - I mean the Trivandrum-Bangalore bus picking up passengers from Ernakulam as well).

As of today, there are 4 Volvo B9Rs daily between Kerala and Bangalore.

Last Saturday, while Driving from Ernakulam to Alappuzha, I had the fortune to see all of them. They went one behind the other - at about 10 PM, between Vyttila and Cherthala.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:43   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
As of today, there are 4 Volvo B9Rs daily between Kerala and Bangalore.
Just proves how much traffic exists between these two sectors. I think any new operator can put his first two buses in this sector do a decent job, recover enough money to expand his operation at a reasonable pace.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:39   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just proves how much traffic exists between these two sectors. I think any new operator can put his first two buses in this sector do a decent job, recover enough money to expand his operation at a reasonable pace.
This is what Sofia Lines doing. They too placed order for more buses!

As there are only few trains and travel time up to 17.30 hrs till TVM, private Volvos can always make profit on this route.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:46   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Just proves how much traffic exists between these two sectors.
Is there any doubt to that. I just can't imagine the amount of profits that can be made on these routes by these operators. There is so much demand. One just needs to look at the trains during the festival seasons. Its crazy and would be a operators delight.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:22   #161
BHPian

SHAMA >>> Getting Ready

Got information from a trust worthy soul that SHAMA is getting ready for a bang . They are to replace all thier exsisting buses with new ones in all routes and the most surprising part is that they are gonna introduce something for the first time in india (of course i knew what its goin to be, but cant leak it out, sorry ) So keep waitin till the middle of OCT and the first batch of buses will be plying in TVM - BLR route. The buses are to be delivered batch by batch. Remebering 3 yrs back they hit the road with Gold Class Fleet which was a total success.

Mod's note:Only 2 smilies/post allowed.

Last edited by theMAG : 14th September 2009 at 23:21.
Old 14th September 2009, 22:02   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold class View Post
Got information from a trust worthy soul that SHAMA is getting ready for a bang . They are to replace all thier exsisting buses with new ones in all routes and the most surprising part is that they are gonna introduce something for the first time in india (of course i knew what its goin to be, but cant leak it out, sorry )
Is it Volvo Sleeper?
Old 15th September 2009, 10:33   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got information from a trust worthy soul that SHAMA is getting ready for a bang . They are to replace all thier exsisting buses with new ones in all routes and the most surprising part is that they are gonna introduce something for the first time in india (of course i knew what its goin to be, but cant leak it out, sorry )
@Gold_Class : Are you associated with Shama travels in any way? Just asking looking at your handle.

If you are associated with them, could you check with them why the Volvo plying along the Bangalore-Kanjirapally route was taken off?

Sleeper Volvo buses would be nice, if thats the surprise.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:10   #164
BHPian

Am not directly associated... but have a good relation with them..lemme remain in the dark side.. hmmmm. The Volvo in kanjirapally route was first introduced in 2008 April n then in 2009 April... both instances it had just operated for nearly 2 months.. Wat i found in talking with customers of that route was they don't prefer A/C...mostly everyone used to get kindaa dizziness in moving up the ghat section with closed windows...So they opt for non A/C..SPS n SC.. and the other reason is the avg was around 8-10 seats except week ends which wont work out...and last season one of the buses met with an accident nr toppur.... so they were running short of a bus and was forced to stop mundakkayam -pala route...

And abt the new intro.. its not Sleeper... SHAMA have sleeper Volvo running in Velankanni route... (Non A/C Volvo--removed the A/C unit) temporarily stopped for re-body works.. Dont worry... u people would really love traveling in the new coach.... n comfort inside is more than a Volvo....
Old 15th September 2009, 13:15   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... u people would really love traveling in the new coach.... n comfort inside is more than a Volvo....
So its not a Volvo!! Lets wait..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks