Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 19:14   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I need to travel from Chengannur to Bangalore on the last monday of August. Any suggestions for the operator? I have to reach Bangalore by 6 o'clock in the morning on tuesday, in one piece, so that I can go to work. I would prefer a Multi-axle to the regular Volvo/Merc. Since almost all buses start from Chengannur around 4pm, it doesn't matter which one. I'm also open to travelling to Kottayam or Changanassery...
The options from Chengannur are KPN, Kallada and Sharma (Sharma operates a B7R, though). There is a Multi-Axle operated by Shama from Pathanamthitta (You'll have to catch this one at Thiruvalla).

There is the Bharathi Multi-Axle Mercedes from Changanassery at 18:15. This bus would reach Bangalore by 6 (Bangalore = Madivala).

The other Multi Axles should be reaching Bangalore around 6 AM - not sure. Since its a working day, they might delay a bit. However, if you are willing to catch a bus at Kayamkulam or Alappuzha, you have better options - KPN, SRM, Kallada and Shama. All of them are in Bangalore by 6AM.

I'd suggest Bharathi Merc among the lot - they take NH47 (Changanassery-AC Road-Alappuzha-NH47-Salem-NH7-Bangalore). They usually reach on time, and the staff are well-behaved. The buses are very new, and well kept.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 13:59   #992
BHPian

Yup..Bharathi is better among the lot if u are planning to board from Changnacherry. Or you may try Kallada G4's New B9R Multi Axle Volvo, which started its operations yesterday on Blore--Ekm--Alp--Changnacherry route. Their service till Alp using B7R's were withdrawn couple of months back.Now its been upgraded to Multi Axle service and the route is extended till Changnacherry. Attaching a PIC of the new bus...Sorry for the Poor Image Quality!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-kallada_g4_multi.jpg  

Old 6th August 2011, 19:52   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4life View Post
Yup..Bharathi is better among the lot if u are planning to board from Changnacherry. Or you may try Kallada G4's New B9R Multi Axle Volvo, which started its operations yesterday on Blore--Ekm--Alp--Changnacherry route. Their service till Alp using B7R's were withdrawn couple of months back.Now its been upgraded to Multi Axle service and the route is extended till Changnacherry. Attaching a PIC of the new bus...Sorry for the Poor Image Quality!!!!!!!!

Any idea of the G4s timings? I had traveled in their bus once long back - when the G4 had just launched Volvo buses. Back then, the driver was outright arrogant. The guy changed at Perundurai, and the new guy was horribly rash. I was thanking my stars when I reached Bangalore.

Does G4 offer online reservations? This bus doesn't seem to appear on any of the online reservation websites.

Btw, Kallada (Suresh Kallada) is launching two new Multi-Axle Volvo services from next week. There is one day services between Bangalore and Ernakulam, and one Night service. For now, they are running the Multi-Axle buses are special services!!

Attaching a pic of the new Kallada Multi-Axle Volvo bus. There is one more hiding behind. They've surely received more than two Multi-Axles, since the Kottarakara service (the bus which met with an accident some time back) is operational on all days.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_2524.jpg  

Old 6th August 2011, 23:02   #994
BHPian

pardon me for my ignorance, What is this G4 in this Kallada group?? how many factions do they have now??
Old 7th August 2011, 10:05   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
pardon me for my ignorance, What is this G4 in this Kallada group?? how many factions do they have now??
Kallada split into two - Kallada G4 and Suresh Kallada. Suresh Kallada is the bigger of the lot in the Transport business, while Kallada Group (the one that operates G4) are bigger in other businesses.
Old 7th August 2011, 15:18   #996
BHPian

Atlast a day bus option between BLR and EKM after a long time. All this time there was only the painfully slow over crowded rip off on Indian Railways - the intercity express for day time travel.
Old 7th August 2011, 19:10   #997
BHPian

Moderator Note

Use PM facility for chit chat and 1-1 messages

Last edited by Mpower : 15th August 2011 at 19:13.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:58   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The options from Chengannur...
I'd suggest Bharathi Merc ...
Thanks a lot for that bit of info. I'll go ahead and book Bharati Merc Multi-axle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Are you from CHengannur ?
I'm not. But I know the place like the back of my hand, because I studied there for 4 (eventful) years.

Quote:
Kallada split into two - Kallada G4 and Suresh Kallada. Suresh Kallada is the bigger of the lot in the Transport business, while Kallada Group (the one that operates G4) are bigger in other businesses.
I never knew that. But I must say that those buses from Suresh Kallada group, with "A Suresh Kallada Concern" written on their windshields, are a concern for other cars - they have 6 or even 8 lamps, all of them focussed right at our eye level. Pretty dangerous

Last edited by silversteed : 8th August 2011 at 12:02.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:00   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea of the G4s timings? I had traveled in their bus once long back - when the G4 had just launched Volvo buses. Back then, the driver was outright arrogant. The guy changed at Perundurai, and the new guy was horribly rash. I was thanking my stars when I reached Bangalore.

Does G4 offer online reservations? This bus doesn't seem to appear on any of the online reservation websites.

Btw, Kallada (Suresh Kallada) is launching two new Multi-Axle Volvo services from next week. There is one day services between Bangalore and Ernakulam, and one Night service. For now, they are running the Multi-Axle buses are special services!!

Attaching a pic of the new Kallada Multi-Axle Volvo bus. There is one more hiding behind. They've surely received more than two Multi-Axles, since the Kottarakara service (the bus which met with an accident some time back) is operational on all days.
@Binai::Its starts at 9.15 PM from Madiwala...Being the first day (5th Aug,2011) it reached ALP around 10.30 AM :( Return, I believe it starts at 6 PM from Changnacherry.
Yes, their initial ot of Volvo drivers were harsh...Some of them are with SRM & Kesineni nowadays..
Kallada G4 is starting Online reservations, but the site is not functional yet..(Kallada or www.kallada.com).
Its rumored that they are taking deliveried of two more B9R's in the a month's time.

Yes, Suresh Kallada got couple of B9R's delivered to them two week back. Currently operating Bangalore- Ernakulam Route as Day service.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:04   #1000
BHPian

@Binai::: Suresh Kallada seams to start some new services as listed in their webpage. A Snap shot of their new service,BLR-TVM (Via Nagercoil)as seen on their webpage is pasted here.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-sureshkallada_new_services.jpg  

Last edited by P4life : 8th August 2011 at 17:31. Reason: Erronious Pasting of Quoted article
Old 15th August 2011, 17:06   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Finally something good to talk about KPN. A sudden meeting tomorrow meant I was left trying for tickets tonight to Bangalore. With no tickets available was debating the merits of booking in one of the special services with close to 1000 being quoted for Non A/c services.

Out of curiosity checked the KPN website in the morning to realise two additional B9R services for tonight with tickets still available in one. Booked myself at Rs.750 per ticket at almost normal rates.

Hats off to KPN for not charging a bomb though tickets were being picked up at any price tonight.
Old 15th August 2011, 19:08   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Due to my constant patronage of KSRTC's Palakkad-B'lore service, a friend of mine went to Kottayam in the 17:45hrs B'lore-Kottarakkara service:
Intercity Bus travel reviews-120820111407.jpg
The bus reached Kottayam at 11 o'clock (4 hours behind schedule), due to the pathetic condition of NH-47 between Vadakkenchery and Thrissur and some long-haul truck getting stranded somewhere on the Kuthiran ghat. But ride was comfortable
Old 15th August 2011, 20:47   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Due to my constant patronage of KSRTC's Palakkad-B'lore service, a friend of mine went to Kottayam in the 17:45hrs B'lore-Kottarakkara service:
RRC 977, this bus met with accident in Dharmapuri back in 13-3-2010.The driver and one passenger traveling on board died.
The bus hit a parked truck from behind near Karimangalam in Dharmapuri district.The engine caught fire under the impact of the accident quickly. Short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the fire.
PIC 1 RRC 977 in original form, Image credits BINAI
PIC 2 RRC 977's condition while doing rebuilding process at edappal RW, Image credits ANTONY
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-rrc977ktr.jpg  

Intercity Bus travel reviews-dsc03497.jpg  

ranjithrnath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 08:44   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is moving to the multi-axle VOLVO. It seems to be the new 'Gold Standard'

Someone once said, the comfort in any seat in a VOLVO is the same, meaning, even if you are in the last row of a VOLVO Multi-axle or sitting over the wheels, you don't get thrown about.

If that is true, then is it true for the AL 12M full air-suspension also?
Old 16th August 2011, 09:49   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If that is true, then is it true for the AL 12M full air-suspension also?
Once, I've travelled in an ABTX Travels' AC 12M bus in the last row. It was almost same as any other seat towards the front. However, I felt the oscillations after a sudden jerk were a tad higher compared to a seat just before the rear axle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks