Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2017, 22:56   #3856

Diesel in the air!
I was traveling to Hyderabad from Bengaluru in an M/s Orange Tours & Travels' bus (Volvo A/C - Multi Axle Semi sleeper) booked it through redBus (based on "highest rating") and just after few minutes of drive, I and my fellow travelers smelled diesel in the cabin. We made the driver stop the bus and check for any leakages. He was hesitant, but we insisted... he quickly got down, checked and said there was no problem. In this case, most of the passengers were already asleep. This bus was coming from Coimbatore and I was the last one to get in. There were some passengers suffering with headache/dizziness because of the smell, but they didn't respond to it. After some time it got intensified and we stopped the bus again, this time we all got down and realized that the fuel was leaking, and almost all the bags in luggage compartment were soaked in diesel.
We called the operator and asked for an alternative bus (we had women traveling in the same bus), they responded saying they don't have a spare bus as it was a weekend and that we should find our own means of transport... sounds bad...? keep reading, the driver wanted to solve this problem by putting an m-seal to the fuel tank and continue the drive. I asked him if he thinks it was a water pipe that's leaking... he neither knew how to react nor to handle the situation.
It was 1AM and fortunately we sensed the danger before any mishap and while we were in Bangalore (can't imagine what would've happened if we were in some deserted place). The bus was stopped near the Hebbal flyover ( blore outer ring road), we booked cabs for the ladies and rest had to find their way out of the situation.

P.S. being conscious of one's surrounding helps and yes... busses are not safe!

Fuel leaking from the bus!
Orange Tours & Travels - Coimbatore to Hyderabad
Driver's response: we'll put m-seal and fix the leaking tank
Me: you think it's a water pipe?

Please join and share your inputs/experiences in the public group 'Complain Box'
https://www.facebook.com/groups/164693300744532/

We've also registered a complaint on consumer forum www.consumerhelpline.gov.in
following are the details:
Complain no: 370580

https://www.facebook.com/orngetravels/

Please spread the word, this may save someone's life...

#volvo #orangetravels #BussesAreNotSafe #OrangeToursAndTravels #orange #hyderabad #bengaluru #bangalore
Posting from facebook.
Vis2249696 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 20:41   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Took the 5:45PM Evacay Bus to Chennai last evening. Bus arrived prompt on time, clean and started on time as well. This is better for me as I am able to complete the day without having to excuse myself for leaving early.

They break for dinner at the normal stop before Vellore and we reached Chennai CMBT at 11:30.

It wasn't a Multi Axle (36 seater). Still easily reached 100 Kmph to cruise at it for pretty much the whole journey.

They played a movie (which I think need to be avoided). Sound was at bearable levels. Water bottle was provided.

Every time I have travelled in this bus, it has been a good experience. They have increased the number of services to 8 currently with a service now reaching to Velachery as well.

Proper operator with a very reasonable price no matter what the day is.
SchumiFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 18:03   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Took the 5:45PM Evacay Bus to Chennai last evening.
Proper operator with a very reasonable price no matter what the day is.

Last month I traveled between Bangalore and Chennai for more than 10 times. All the trips were with Parveen / Evacay. Except for one evening trip with Parveen all were on time to start and reach early then the scheduled time. The one lone incident with Parveen was attributed to a traffic block near after Vellore due to an accident.
Even on all the instances Evacay was very punctual in fact on 24 July Monday 10:40 PM bus from Chennai had only 3 passengers and unlike other operators they didnt clubbed this service with 11:30 one.

Need to try Evacay on my next trip to Kerala if I happened to take a bus.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 13:59   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Even on all the instances Evacay was very punctual in fact on 24 July Monday 10:40 PM bus from Chennai had only 3 passengers and unlike other operators they didnt clubbed this service with 11:30 one.

Need to try Evacay on my next trip to Kerala if I happened to take a bus.

Cheers!
Great to hear that the bus was run even with 3 onboard I took the bus last evening as well. It was around 10 minutes late at the stop point near Vellore. But thanks to the huge traffic jam near CMBT, we were delayed by almost 45 minutes. I took an Uber at 12:20 AM and reached home after an hour.

Just a little rain and the whole town leaving the place causes this chaos. Great planning by the city authorities
Old 17th August 2017, 13:58   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
For those travelling to Rajasthan in winter holidays, Rajasthan roadways (RSRTC) operates excellent volvo buses on all major routes within Rajasthan and to neighbouring states and cities. Between Delhi and Jaipur, it operates about 22 vovlo bus services daily in addition to deluxe and other normal buses.
You can book tickets online also on its site (http://rsrtc.rajasthan.gov.in/). They also have a mobile app for the same but i have never tried it myself.
bon voyage.
We are a family of 4 and are planning a Rajasthan trip in late Dec. We'd like to take an overnight bus from Jaipur to Jaisalmer. Being winter, I assume non-AC is enough. So I was looking for non-AC sleeper buses. Is RSRTC the best and safest way to make this travel?

I visited the RSRTC website https://rsrtconline.rajasthan.gov.in/busenquiry , where it lists several bus types like AC Gandhi Rath, AC Sleeper, Delux, Express, Grameen, Luxury, Ordinary, Semi-Delux, Sleeper-Delux, Sleeper-Semi-Delux, Star Line, Super Luxury, Super Luxury Low Fare, and Super Luxury MXL. I have no clue what these mean. If there is an RSRTC expert in this forum, can you pls clarify?

Lastly: Is Jaipur airport affected by fog in winter? We're most likely flying in on a morning in the last week of December, and wouldnt want to get diverted or delayed due to fog, etc (happens often in Delhi I believe).
Old 17th August 2017, 14:31   #3861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
We are a family of 4 and are planning a Rajasthan trip in late Dec. We'd like to take an overnight bus from Jaipur to Jaisalmer. Being winter, I assume non-AC is enough. So I was looking for non-AC sleeper buses. Is RSRTC the best and safest way to make this travel?
I think an AC bus would be better in Winters. Non-AC buses might be too cold for an overnight journey.

Quote:
Lastly: Is Jaipur airport affected by fog in winter? We're most likely flying in on a morning in the last week of December, and wouldnt want to get diverted or delayed due to fog, etc (happens often in Delhi I believe).
Jaipur is the official diversion airport for Delhi, but JAI gets affected, but a little less than DEL during the winters.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:03   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I think an AC bus would be better in Winters. Non-AC buses might be too cold for an overnight journey.
Thanks Binai, yes that makes sense.

I am not finding any AC Sleeper RSRTC buses from Jaipur to Jaisalmer. I find only "Express" buses. Not sure what that means. Which is a "good" bus operator (having AC sleeper buses) in Rajasthan for doing this stretch at night ("good" meaning safe and reliable)? Am totally new to RJ.
Old 17th August 2017, 20:19   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are a family of 4 and are planning a Rajasthan trip in late Dec.
Lastly: Is Jaipur airport affected by fog in winter?
Do consider taking the train. What I did was to fly in to Udaipur from Bombay, took a taxi from Udaipur-Jodhpur and Jodhpur-Jaisalmer. Took the evening train from Jaisalmer to Delhi and flew out of Delhi the same afternoon. I did this in March 2013.

You could even considering renting from Zoomcar in Jaipur (or Ahmedabad) and go around.

From an acquaintance, Jaipur isn't immune to fog related flight delays either.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 13:26   #3864
BHPian

Quote:

I visited the RSRTC website https://rsrtconline.rajasthan.gov.in/busenquiry , where it lists several bus types like AC Gandhi Rath, AC Sleeper, Delux, Express, Grameen, Luxury, Ordinary, Semi-Delux, Sleeper-Delux, Sleeper-Semi-Delux, Star Line, Super Luxury, Super Luxury Low Fare, and Super Luxury MXL. I have no clue what these mean. If there is an RSRTC expert in this forum, can you pls clarify?

It can be very cold during winters and Jaipur to Jaisalmer is a good distance. Go with AC and Volvo/mercedes buses so that you can enjoy the next day. Long bus journeys can be tiring and Non AC buses will get very cold in the night.

Jaipur is not much affected by fog and flights are on time. Bon Voyage.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 18:22   #3865

I wanted to know if buses are operating between Kolkata and Siliguri in the midst of the recent floods. If yes, being completely new to Kolkata, which is the operator I must take to reach Siliguri. I would prefer an AC volvo.

Thanks,
J
Old 30th August 2017, 22:38   #3866
BHPian

Re: Any AL / Tata busses running Ultra Long Distance

Was really surprised to hear this bit of news in this article in CV news here under Economic-Basic interstate buses the author mentions about a service running between Bangalore and Jodhpur using AL/Tata buses.
Quote:
These buses operate mostly with in the distance of 450 Kms to 600 Kms and are very strong in Tier II and Tier III routes. Though these are prime application there are cases of these buses operated in ultra long distance routes like Bengaluru – Jodhpur for a distance of close to 2000 Kms one way.
can folks confirm who is the operator?
Old 30th August 2017, 23:06   #3867
BHPian

Re: Any AL / Tata busses running Ultra Long Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Was really surprised to hear this bit of news in this article in CV news under Economic-Basic interstate buses the author mentions about a service running between Bangalore and Jodhpur using AL/Tata buses.

can folks confirm who is the operator?
There are two operators based out of Rajasthan who operate AL buses on Bangalore--Jodhpur route. One is "M.R.Travels" and another is "Jakhar Travels".
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 02:59   #3868
BHPian

Thanks Vivek. But are they still operational? Could not see a direct option in their online booking sites. Perhaps they are seasonal - More during Festive seasons
Old 31st August 2017, 16:31   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Thanks Vivek. But are they still operational? Could not see a direct option in their online booking sites. Perhaps they are seasonal - More during Festive seasons
Yes, the redbus app shows up 1 schedule of Jakhar and 2 schedules for MR travels. I have seen the Jakhar travels bus in Kalasipalyam area about a fortnight ago. This particular bus had a RJ number plate on it.
Old 12th September 2017, 13:48   #3870
BHPian

Did a trip to Kerala over the weekend and for the return, booked on the KaSRTC Airavat Diamond Class (Scania) service from Thrissur to Bangalore, ETD from Thrissur 2133 hours. Bus was already in the bay from 2100 hours, but the crew opened the doors only around 2120 and turned the aircon on only at ~5 mins prior to departure

Apart from this, was a pleasant ride and yet another good experience with KaSRTC's premium service. Departed on time and for a change, the driving was unlike the typical slow KaSRTC driving. I was exhausted and slept well, but from the timing looks like the guy was doing extremely good speeds. Departed Thrissur at 2140, picked a couple of folks from somewhere near Palakkad at 2300 and we crossed Hosur by 0500 AM. So this is some fast driving. There was a bad jam at Attibele and was dropped off at Silk Board by 6 AM.

I felt NVH levels inside Scania was way better than Volvo. We booked the emergency exit row which gave amazing leg room. AC maintained at 23 degrees and no movies played, so overall a highly recommended service.

Last edited by aroonanand : 12th September 2017 at 13:49. Reason: Grammar
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks