Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 10:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

I'm guessing that green 3wheeler cargo auto next to your car is what you hit.

Bad hit, hope you came out safe and without injuries.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:12   #32
BHPian

Oh.. Then..

It happened on 28/10/2006
Was coming from Office- nearby the Attibele checkpost.On the road towards hosur. Negotiated the Checkpost issues and had gained a bit of speed. Was a saturday- had a party in bangalore- had to go home, change and then drive to bangy.

Suddenly this auto (MINIDOR) decided to cross the road without looking.Me T boned into him and he toppled.

Fortunately it was compny leaving time and around 300 employees. All waering the same uniforms were around. Had a lot of support.
Auto guys tried to gang up, but them by than time The company HR arrived and arranged for towing both the vehoicles to the police station.
There Some 200 to Police and they bullied down the auto gang.
Already he ws carrying some 3 people in the load area. They charged a case aginst the auto guy for that too.

Well there ends the episode. Towed the car to the HYUNDAI authorized workshop, The MARUTI in hosur is hopeless. Around 71K repairs.

Some more pics from the spot. I was uninjured. Not even a scratch. face hit steering and there were a few cuts in my mouth.. allminor.

P.S:- after the accident.. the speedometer used to jerk @ 80kmph mark. THey service guy told it was because the impact happened at that speed.
that too was repaired later.

Benny.. Got the visa.. will be leaving bangy on aug 6th..

Last edited by Jomz : 26th July 2007 at 11:18.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Benny.. Got the visa.. will be leaving bangy on aug 6th..
Congrats da.. will miss you on the next TBHP drives.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

GTO, what has castration got to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think there is only one punishment for such bozos - Castration and then a tortured capital punishment. Hearing these stories gets my blood boiling...

GTO
Old 26th July 2007, 12:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is an usual & natural occurence on the hosur - bangalore highway because of the inter state Commercial Tax/RTO/ forest checkposts here, it takes forever to cross the border (as if this is an India-Pak border) & not only the private buses, all the private vehicles (cars etc) do this right from ashok leyland till after attibelle. accidents like this were waiting to happen all the time.
Sad state of affairs in this country. The Check post is still in the same place, and the non-commercial traffic still need to go on the wrong side of the four lane in the GQ to cross into Karnataka. So many years this has been going on, and nobody does anything.

The problem is that the lorries who need to wait at the check post do not use the designated areas for queuing at the check post. Instead, they will block up both lanes of the GQ. While driving back from Kerala, a lot of times I also have to go into the wrong side, the other option some times is to wait for couple of hours in the Q(have done that too). And without fail, almost always see broken glass in that stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats da.. will miss you on the next TBHP drives.
We lost the tbhp drive Videographer? How sad.
Old 26th July 2007, 12:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Sad state of affairs in this country. The Check post is still in the same place, and the non-commercial traffic still need to go on the wrong side of the four lane in the GQ to cross into Karnataka. So many years this has been going on, and nobody does anything.

The problem is that the lorries who need to wait at the check post do not use the designated areas for queuing at the check post. Instead, they will block up both lanes of the GQ. While driving back from Kerala, a lot of times I also have to go into the wrong side, the other option some times is to wait for couple of hours in the Q(have done that too). And without fail, almost always see broken glass in that stretch.

We lost the tbhp drive Videographer? How sad.
My windshield and other glasses were not broken ... Maybe you must've seen the headlights and indicators...
Old 26th July 2007, 13:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ooops that was a real bad one Jomz. Good that things worked in favour for you since it was your territory (AL) .

Quote:
Fortunately it was compny leaving time and around 300 employees. All waering the same uniforms were around. Had a lot of support.
On a lighter note, kudo's to you Jomz . Who got bullied in the ordeal now ?
Benny I think you were making false claims that the auto gang bullied you .
Old 26th July 2007, 15:43   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Benny I think you were making false claims that the auto gang bullied you.
Bullied? Threatened was more the word. I am still on the lookout for the auto KA01 6*6*. That day i will hire it to take a ride around the whole of Bangalore city, and then run away instead of paying up.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:47   #39
BANNED

Some real bad checkposts, we have, really. People need to really go up to the criminal courts to stop drivers doing things like this again.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 26th July 2007 at 16:55.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:33   #40
BHPian

We all are feeling bad about all these things. But what are we doing about it. As we say we are the largest online Auto community of the country, we should come togather and file a PIL (Public Interest Litigation) against the state to introduce speed limiters in all public transports. No public transport in the city should be able to ply above 50kmph.

We have a huge community to support. Why not approach Supreme Court by sending them a petition signed by all Team BHP members. This is for a public at large.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bullied? Threatened was more the word. I am still on the lookout for the auto KA01 6*6*. That day i will hire it to take a ride around the whole of Bangalore city, and then run away instead of paying up.

I thought you were going to steal that auto & park it in your living room.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

superb idea!! It actually works. My classmate from college did that to an auto driver who used to hang around outside the St.Joseph's campus on Residency rd. The guy would never take passengers,but he's sit in his auto almost all day long,and keep oogling at the girls.
So my friend decided to teach him a lesson,and then asked the guy to take him to Jayanagar (my friend claimed it was an emergency,and that he'd pay double the charge). So off the go, they get to the Jayanagar Shopping Complex,and then my friend says he needs to get to Shivajinagar, and then to indiranagar. Took a total of 4+ hours, and the 'vanishing act' happened on 100ft rd,Indiranagar. While at the lights, my friend quietly sneaked out of the auto..

I'm sure my friend got away without having to spend close to Rs 300 +..
(after this incident,the auto guy has never been seen close to the college campus.. )
Old 27th July 2007, 08:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
What do you think of me.. Getting out from Ashok Leyland Everyday Looking both sides, Dunno where is the next bike, moped,auto is gonna come from

anyway this hapened nearby, MY CAR

Don't want to post the details, but I was on the right side.
was driving to Blore the other day - and this moron came out of AL - without looking straigt to the middle of the road -on a two wheeler - man, i slammed on the brakes and managed to brake before i hit him - was fuming- tried to pull him over -but he just kept riding at 30kmph... man - AL needs to tell twho wheelers how to get onto the highway!

Last edited by madan80 : 27th July 2007 at 08:29.
Old 27th July 2007, 10:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
was driving to Blore the other day - and this moron came out of AL - without looking straigt to the middle of the road -on a two wheeler - man, i slammed on the brakes and managed to brake before i hit him - was fuming- tried to pull him over -but he just kept riding at 30kmph... man - AL needs to tell twho wheelers how to get onto the highway!
if it were 4:30- 5.. there are AL security on the road regulating traffic.
it is possible that time you might have missed the security guy.

if it were some other time oops sorry. TN naaa... they cross the roads without looking. Learnt it the hard way.

beacuse most of them live in hosur, they have to cross the road @ 4:30.
and AL doesn't give company transport, it just gives loans to buy 2 wheelers.

to AL has around maybe 300+ bikes all.. All getting out @ sharp 4:30

Last edited by Jomz : 27th July 2007 at 10:09.
Old 27th July 2007, 21:47   #45
BHPian

Cell phone + driving

Yesterday i just left my son in the school and was just walking back home. Wihin 10 meters from the school i noticeda guy in his santro was talking in the phone and driving fast [ around 50Kmpk] at the sametime. I flagged him down and nearly shouted at him saying that this is school zone and he needs to slow down and also he should not talk in mobile and drive. He accepted his fault and went. But when i told to my friends about this incident one of them told me that i may not have right to do what i have done as mentioned above. Please clarify whether i can do that legally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks