Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 10:07   #61
Team-BHP Support

Lohith, take a look at some of the private local buses in Bangalore which ply along the ITPL and Brookfields route.

While its inevitable that traffic jams occur at the EPIP junction, what do these enterprising guys do? Simple.. they just go on the wrong side of the road, quickly followed by Sumo and Indicabs, go all the way from iFlex till they reach AVIVA, and then zoon right into the traffic which was patiently waiting all this while. imagine the scene when such a big bus tries to get into the correct lane. It literally blocks the whole damned road. Particularly notorious for the same is a KL registered bus which plies on this route.

TOI has a new section where they encourage readers to send in snaps of offences, thus giving them a chance to report such incidents. I have my cam ready and hope to spot the same someday, wherein i shall take a snap and send it in. Thats the least i can do.
Old 1st August 2007, 10:20   #62
BHPian

It is absolute madness to entrust such powerful machines with those reckless goons. I was just reading a report in the news paper about the significant reduction in fatal road accidents in Kerala after the government there enacted a law making heavy vehicles fix a "speed governor". It seems, head injuries in two wheeler accidents have come down by half after helmets became mandatory in Kerala. Shows how sensible laws (and proper enforcement, albeit against "popular demand") can make lives safer. BTW, seat belts for front row passengers are going to be must from today onwards. Now, that should still bring down the mortality rate quite significantly.
Old 1st August 2007, 19:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

The bus I was in met with accident on my second last trip to Tvm. My bus was overtaking a local private bus when all of a sudden the private bus stopped to take a passenger.

Coz we were travelling at good speed ( early morn, and NH! ) the driver couldnt avoid hitting the private bus in front of us, but lucky only left side took the hit as it smashed and bumped off the other bus.

What happened? The impact hurt many passengers ( mostly head and nose as they hit the seat in front of them ) and by the time we stopped we were ahead of the private bus.

What we see next was glass timm almost mid section of our bus, shouting etc. Then as i peek out from a windows on left side of the bus, I see legs ( thigh down) being kep one by one on the road. Perplexed I was like the rest of the passengers and hence went to front of bus only to know that as the bus took the hit on left side, the cleaner who was sitting on a bench near the door got his legs chopped off ( kind of crushed off). He looked stunned as he was placed near his legs.

Next day I learned from papers that he died of losing blood. Lucky that there were no passengers in the back of the private bus which we hit.

Who's to blame? The driver ? Of Which ?
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:39   #64
Team-BHP Support

jk, something of a similar sort, which my friend related to me.

Here is the linky :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...on-kerala.html
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:08   #65
BHPian

Holy god! That is really bad.

I just can't imagine what would be going on with the brains of these idiots. Most of the drivers are illiterate, arrogant, ill-mannered idiots. I would really recommend punishment also to those who employ such idiots (who call themselves 'drivers').
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Holy god! That is really bad.

I just can't imagine what would be going on with the brains of these idiots. Most of the drivers are illiterate, arrogant, ill-mannered idiots. I would really recommend punishment also to those who employ such idiots (who call themselves 'drivers').
That's what I believe too. These people (drivers) are mostly village folks who come to the metros to earn better money. It's the unscrupulous bus fleet operators who put them at the steering to save money, without any regard to what will happen on the road.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:27   #67
BHPian

I guess it's this psyche where human life and property is not really valued. Our sloth like administrative/judicial/compensation system and corrupt police setup also contributes to this psyche. Its a psyche that not only prevalent amongst bus drivers its prevalent among civic bodies (comes to the fore during the monsoons),the police, public healthcare systems, etc. It's just pathetic and we must just bear it and rant about it and feel glad that we must thank our blessings every other day we go about not to being required to deal with the above mentioned.

Last edited by pranava999 : 3rd June 2009 at 18:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks